Who should I bind Abydon’s Hammer to and what companion should I add?

Just finished the White March with the hammer but still have little to no idea what I'm doing as far as builds. My main is a fighter with 2 weapon specialty that is damage focused and I've been playing with Aloth, Grieving Mother, Maneha, Durance, and Kana as my companions.

I already have a soul bound weapon on Maneha and wanted to get rid of her since I completed her story and I'm tired of her personality. What would a good complement character be besides Pallegina (who I also don't care for)? I'm tempted to use Eder, but would it be bad to have 2 fighters? 

Also since my fighter has 2 weapon focus and ruffian specialty is there another character that would benefit more from Abydon’s Hammer? 

POE 1.png

POE 3.jpg

Weapon focus is irrelevant as all soulbound weapons are considered universal. So you can even useit yourself - stuff like two weapon fighting obviously will not work but stuff like savage attack and apprentice sneak attack will work. They even work with priest god weapons talents

As for another character - Zahua can be decent user. Monk has ton of lash bonuses (lightining strike, turning wheel, torment reach, blood testament gloves) and it wortks really nice with high base damage weapon. Maneha has frenzy and speed boosts. Obviously Kana is decent user with champion invocation and fire weapon chant, though you might want to just go with dragon thrashed

16 hours ago, Desmodeus said:

Weapon focus is irrelevant as all soulbound weapons are considered universal. So you can even useit yourself - stuff like two weapon fighting obviously will not work but stuff like savage attack and apprentice sneak attack will work. They even work with priest god weapons talents

As for another character - Zahua can be decent user. Monk has ton of lash bonuses (lightining strike, turning wheel, torment reach, blood testament gloves) and it wortks really nice with high base damage weapon. Maneha has frenzy and speed boosts. Obviously Kana is decent user with champion invocation and fire weapon chant, though you might want to just go with dragon thrashed

Thanks! That's really good to know. I've just been equiping Zehua with fast weapons and didn't think of giving him a high base damage one. With Kana I've been using dragon thrashed since I learned it.

You can put it on Durance if you want. Priests ca get to very high MIG with Aggrandizing Radiance (+2, stacks with everything) + Minor Avatar (+8) or Champion's Boon (+10), Maegfolc Skull (+4) and Abydon's Hammer (+4). That's +18 (+20) MIG which is pretty cool to cast some damaging spells imo. You don't even need to bind it to him in order to test this out - because the +4 MIG also works without binding it.

Combine with high INT gear (+ Aggrandizing Radiance + Minor Avatar) and then try something like Shining Beacon + Cleansing Flame. The boosted MIG and INT both add damage per tick and also more ticks so overall the dmg increases a lot. Also works with Holy Radiance against vessels. I could one-shot all but the strongest vessels with Holy radiance alone when I did a maxMIG/maxINT MC Priest with perfect dispositions. Storm of Holy Fire is also nicer with a lot of MIG bonus. ;) 

This can also work if you give it to Aloth, max his MIG with gear and cast Champion's Boon on him and let hm cast damaging spells - or on Grieving Mother with something like Disintegration. I prefer the Priest though bc. of Minor Avatar (bonus to MIG and INT at also DEX and PER at the same time).

You can also attack with it, but that hasn't a particularly spectacular effect imo.

If you want to use it in melee then Zahua (especially with Anitlei passive from his quest + Swift Strikes + Gautlets of Swift Action) is a good pick. The high base dmg of the weapon helps all the little lashes with overcoming enemies' DR better and the slow speed (you can't durganize the hammer and it hasn't a speed enchantment) can be countered with Anitlei which otherwise often is overkill with a dual-wielding setup (already at 0 recovery without Anitlei).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods