Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 4

Vaeliorin

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

I have neither of those two names in my party, but the little friendly Babau pops up for me too. Confused me the first few times, wondering where it came from. In the end, I just decided it was one of Arueshalae's (sp?) old lovers from the abyss, missing his (ex-)girlfriend

Wow, your barbarian got a serious face lift.

It was time to visit the Commander's Court again and, I have to say, resting there was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Spoiler

Those lunatics sent my party to Areelu's lab, all the way in the middle of the Worldwound! Not sure when I was supposed to go there, but the only hard battle was a pair of demons who knew how to cast Stinking Cloud and something to stun my characters. Still, I had to sneak past a demon army to get back to safe territory.

There were plenty of revelations, including Arueshalae's fantasies and Areelu's experiments.

Back home, Ember decided to start a cult. What could possible go wrong?

Ember.jpg

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Hehe... yeah, I got to the point too where some templars decided to run away with my old flame, Ember. After first searching the temple (hey, templars - temple, amiright?), the two houses and the abandoned building for hiding templars and their prisoner, I started searching places I haven't visited on the world map.  Currently at Wintersun, uncovering some fishy masquerade going on 🤔

Edit: Speaking of old flames, ye gods, Daeren and Sosiel are some pushy guys. Went from polite attempts to say no to definite "shutdown", not interested.

Edit2: If Greybor or Regill starts hitting my barbarian, I'll do the facepalm thing... bring me some women dammit! 😂

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ember:

Spoiler

You're not going to find Ember at Wintersun...

Spoiler

She's at Baphomet's Shrine.

24 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Edit2: If Greybor or Regill starts hitting my barbarian, I'll do the facepalm thing... bring me some women dammit! 😂

Crazycakes will start 'hitting' on you in some fashion really soon, don't worry. :p

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Wintersun isn't far from the location then. I just got this boss fight which turned out to require a bit better preparation than what I showed up with 😝

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

6 hours ago, Gorth said:

If Greybor or Regill starts hitting my barbarian, I'll do the facepalm thing... bring me some women dammit! 😂

Your waifu options are a helpful lady, an ex-succubus, and a silly little cat.

• Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

24 minutes ago, majestic said:

I don't think either of the two took the silly little cat companion along. No one in their right mind does, I guess. :p

from a "right mind" pov, none o' the female options is reasonable. a demon created for the purpose o' seducing mortals and corrupting their souls? a treacherous spider mutant with an inexplicable accent who has already tried to kill you?  a character with a hidden alignment (no warning sign there, eh?) who in combat shouts one o' the following:

you will be today's sacrifice!

the spirits demand your blood!

the world in crimson! 

*shudder*

sorry, but the only "right mind" option is available extreme late and there is some serious question marks with that romance as well, but nothing compared to the three core choices.

'course game reason need not be o' the right mind variety. is a fantasy rpg after all, but am admitting all the choices appear designed to simultaneous ridicule and pander to the worst gamer notions o' what makes for a good fantasy romance.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

☝️that's why I went with the dudes. Soz, while bland as gastric ward's meal, at least is genuinely good people. Daeran's a bit of a **** though, but my Lich didn't mind. Heh heh. :skull:

I do have plans to see Cam's and Succ's stories if I do the EE (which - at least based on their reddit liaison's words - seems like it's not going to be very E really, so I have doubts), but I draw a line at that human-facehugger hybrid. What a thoroughly disgusting character. 🤮

• Thanks 1

Arueshalae has a natural affinity with my Azata character, so that is the route I'll go. And, based on the vision I saw yesterday, the succubus is even more interested than my character. For my next playthrough, a Lich, I'll be interested in Camellia and after that I plan to go chaotic neutral Trickster. Wenduag seems to fit that character perfectly.

I decided to retrain some people. Seelah traded her Persuasion points to Knowledge World, since she is the party's cook. I never use demorilize with her, so I'm fine with it. Ember got rid of some spells that work better with Sosiel (that has the 24h duration feats) and acquired some that fit a spontaneous caster better, like Remove Disease, for example. Sosiel got Impossible domain and an Elk companion.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

31 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

from a "right mind" pov, none o' the female options is reasonable. a demon created for the purpose o' seducing mortals and corrupting their souls? a treacherous spider mutant with an inexplicable accent who has already tried to kill you?  a character with a hidden alignment (no warning sign there, eh?)

True, but I was talking about actually having Wenduag in the group after the prologue. I wonder how many players don't even realize she is a romanceable option because when choosing between Lann and Wenduag, Lann wins elven out of ten times, particularily in case the game begins with her betraying you, which is... probably true for most players too. :shrugz:

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

17 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Sosiel got Impossible domain and an Elk companion.

mentioned earlier, and perhaps it has been fixed, but elk were broken when we tested. elk should get three attacks and a free trip when using gore... and keep in mind as the elk levels, it should get more more attacks as its ab increases. when we tested, regardless o' level, the elk were limited to a single gore attack and there were no free trip. 

on paper the elk receives mighty charge, multiple attacks and should now be benefitting from free trips on gore attacks. elk should be a fantastic option and am thinking it would be a good daredevil build particular for a few cavaliers. immunity to flanking as well as the mighty charge numbers is nice additions particular for cavalier types. am not sure 'bout bully 'cause even with the boar and triceratops we cannot current choose trip-related feats, so am not certain how exact the trip is being implemented.

regardless, be warry o' the elk.

13 minutes ago, majestic said:

True, but I was talking about actually having Wenduag in the group after the prologue. I wonder how many players don't even realize she is a romanceable option because when choosing between Lann and Wenduag, Lann wins elven out of ten times, particularily in case the game begins with her betraying you, which is... probably true for most players too. :shrugz:

we got what you were saying and am agreeing. the thing is, the same reasons for not having the spider mutant in the party kinda make her/him/it (in the pnp ap, wendaug is referred to both with male and female pronouns and am not certain is a mistake) a not right mind choice for romance.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

Arueshalae has a natural affinity with my Azata character, so that is the route I'll go. And, based on the vision I saw yesterday, the succubus is even more interested than my character. For my next playthrough, a Lich, I'll be interested in Camellia and after that I plan to go chaotic neutral Trickster. Wenduag seems to fit that character perfectly.

The lich can't romance*, so that path gets boned in more ways than one.

Anyways aktuallllly Aru is best for a Trickster because it forces you to wear a domino mask which means you become Tuxedo Kamen. The silly little cat is best for demon because she worships Lamashtu and demons are most likely into weird sex stuff.

*beeg spoilers for lich

Your bone dad asks you to kill your bf/gf/silly little cat or he gets mad at you. Even if you tell him no, your paramour dumps you after the transformation because you lack the organs. This isn't pnp accurate, because the undead bloodline specifically talks about lich ancestors who I assume used polymorph spells to get it on. The wotr lich got rule ****ed to prevent them from getting ****ed.

Speaking of weird sex stuff in pathfinder, there is an artifact that allows worshipers of Lamashtu to breed with animals. I'm not joking.

https://www.aonprd.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Demon Mother's Mask

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KP From Another World said:

The lich can't romance*

Yes they can! Until, well, they cannot any longer.*

*moar bony spoilers

Spoiler

...but because my Lich was CHA based, he gave Daeran to his inner Cthulhu for more AC. Not that he needed it really, being a sorcerer on a hulky armored boar and all who almost never got directly targeted anyway, still it was a nice thing to have. :yes: Also, I encountered a funny bug (?) when Papa Zack resurrected the already dead Daeran for his ritual so I'd say it was quite a good bad romance. :wub:

• Gasp! 1

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

from a "right mind" pov, none o' the female options is reasonable. a demon created for the purpose o' seducing mortals and corrupting their souls?

Arusha becomes a bit more believable if you through the Desna questline, IMO.

My Lich was able to romance Arue but it may have been a bug

Spoiler

I concluded the romance before my final transformation in act 5. Doubt that's working as intended though since this was back in the early days when most things were broken at least a little bit.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

17 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

My Lich was able to romance Arue but it may have been a bug

Reveal hidden contents

I concluded the romance before my final transformation in act 5. Doubt that's working as intended though since this was back in the early days when most things were broken at least a little bit.

With Owlcat you never know if it's a bug or intentional.

Well, talking about the silly cat...

Spoiler

I expected a tough battle with all this talk about Savamelek or whatever his name is. That said, he did run away when I was still level 2, so why would he fight now?🤣

I'm sure it is a terrible idea, but I let Wenduag join the crusade. It would have been more fitting for my character to banish her, but I decided to get another companion.

I sent my general to wipe out the more distant demon armies in the west and it had to go a long way south to reconnect to safe territory, almost reaching Kenabres. I hope there is another path in the middle of the map when I go there again.

sign.jpg

Cleared out Wintersun (in the 7th attempt). Luckily there was a small safe space you can use to buff up in before the pre-battle dialogue starts. All the shields, blesses, communal cats graces, bulls strength, blur, displacement etc. i could drum up and throwing a lot of acid attacks up front before the battle starts (Nenio and Sosiel could sneak up to the trigger limit without triggering it). I noticed most acid based spells ignores magical resistance, leaving it up entirely to saving throw. I can't remember what I picked for Sosiel, but Nenio definitely has greater spell penetration. What she doesn't have is elemental alignment (yes, that's what the currently AWAL Ember has). It didn't help half my party was crippled before the encounter and two of them on deaths door (because I had been running around too long, away from Drezen) 😝

Edit: Picked up Ember on the way, she was busy converting the forces of The Abyss to become better people... couldn't really get myself to mock her. Choices were a bit limited after all, good, evil or lawful. No neutral or chaotic gains (unless you consider not gaining one of the other alignment points as a de facto gain)

Edit2: Someone mentioned grabbing the cat. I could have sworn it was a cat, but it has grown a bit and is now a tiger 🤔

@Gromnir The Azata spell you mentioned is really good, except when it kills my own units charmed by Succubi.

I’m accumulating lots of crusade units with a low number of soldiers. They are completely useless since the enemy can one shot them and they probably won’t cause much damage. In some battles even the hundreds of archers I have were killed so imagine these poor guys. Imo there should be a higher army size (10 for example) but a limit on the total number of soldiers when adding each unit. And the hospital should recover even units that were completely wiped out. It would also be much more interesting than stacking as much archers as you can.

Units.jpg

Anyway, at least the Mongrels are now available as mercenaries so they should increase in number quickly and take the place of the Champions.

Army.jpg

Wenduag

Spoiler

She is way, way too obedient. It doesn’t even work as groveling, since it is too obvious. Or maybe I’m too paranoid. Funny that she hangs out right in front of Lann in Drezen.🤣

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

15 hours ago, Gorth said:

Someone mentioned grabbing the cat. I could have sworn it was a cat, but it has grown a bit and is now a tiger 🤔

Good.

22 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Wenduag

What a silly little cat. But I'm going to take her over Lann next time because he really grated my gears whining and trying to fight Sosiel or Woljif.

Spoilers for our favorites silly little cat.

You're right to be paranoid.

58 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I’m accumulating lots of crusade units with a low number of soldiers. They are completely useless since the enemy can one shot them and they probably won’t cause much damage. In some battles even the hundreds of archers I have were killed so imagine these poor guys. Imo there should be a higher army size (10 for example) but a limit on the total number of soldiers when adding each unit. And the hospital should recover even units that were completely wiped out. It would also be much more interesting than stacking as much archers as you can.

This is sort of unavoidable. Not focusing so much on mercenaries helps you keep to the same unit types though. Depends a lot on your mythic path too.

BTW, units are not equal by amounts. Ie. 10 Marksman is way better than 10 Archers. So if the unit type is really good, even a few can be useful.

And I'm pretty sure the infirmary does heal units even if the whole stack got wiped out. At least on lower difficulty levels, maybe it changes on higher?