Tweaking turn-based cipher

Hi guys,

I'm trying to tweak Cipher a bit for the turn-based mode. Specifically, I'm trying to make Mental Binding an instant cast, and Borrowed Instinct a Free Action (so you could attack at the same turn).

I have tried changing  CastSpeedID and RecoveryTimeID from attacks.gamedatabundle to that of Arcane Veil, but that didn't' do the trick.

For starters, which values should I modify to change the casting time of Mental Binding?

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2022 at 6:24 PM, PsyCoil said:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to tweak Cipher a bit for the turn-based mode. Specifically, I'm trying to make Mental Binding an instant cast, and Borrowed Instinct a Free Action (so you could attack at the same turn).

I have tried changing  CastSpeedID and RecoveryTimeID from attacks.gamedatabundle to that of Arcane Veil, but that didn't' do the trick.

For starters, which values should I modify to change the casting time of Mental Binding?

Hey,

I believe that the line you would need to change for Borrowed Instinct to be: "OverrideTacticalActionType": "None", to "Free", . This might actually affect spell casting time in turnbased as well? So worth trying changing that line for Mental Binding to one of the options here to see if it will work:  https://eternity.obsidian.net/game-data-formats/enumerations#tacticalactiontype

Could it be that you are changing the values on "Mental_Binding_AOE" instead of "Mental_Binding_Target"? Though according to the modding documentation CastSpeedID is to do with the duration of the casting animation, but it is unclear if it relates to the amount of turns it takes to cast in turn based mode.

Otherwise it's worth checking that the mod is loading properly by searching the output_log.txt file for any mention of "error"? Even one error in a gamedatabundle can cause the file to either not load, or partially load. The Output log can be a little hard parse, but usually it will mention if there is an "unexpected" character like a comma, "quotes" or bracket {} [] as causes.

Edited by Kvellen