The Eye of Wael: choosing enchantments for Priest of Wael slash Conjurer

https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/The_Eye_of_Wael

PS4 platform (if matters)

Priest of Wael slash Conjurer found a weapon of his namesake and quite thrilled by such an event!  I'm going to try to decide how to enchant it.

Dilema #1 Lidless Gaze or Shrouded Strike

Lidless Gaze gives a 1/rest strong ability (see link) whereas Shrouded Strike Gives a random affliction when critical hitting with the scepter.  I take Lidless Gaze because I'll not use the scepter often over a summoned weapon.  And Terrifying and Petrifying gives two types of strong hard Crowd Control

Dilema #2 Form Phantasmic or The Hundred Visions

Form Phantasmic gives a random defensive illusion spell when bloodied.  My assumption is that it only triggers when it is in my hand and not just in a quick slot??  So that wouldn't be useful when not equipped and also I am often prebuffed with Llengrath's Displacement and/or Mirrored Images.

The Hundred Visions gives +2 to Illusion Power levels.  Assumption is it has to be in my hand to affect power levels of Illusion.  Assumption #2 the Wael priest illusions are coded as Illusion so this should affect them right??  Displacement, Mirror Image, Gaze of Adragan, Confusion, and Arkemyr's Wondrous Torment

I would probably take the second because I can weapon switch to get the buff when I choose to cast an illusion spell, whereas I won't hold scepter in my hand often for Form Phantasmic.  I'll usually have a Wizard weapon summoned.

Note: as a conjurer I can't cast (as a) Wizard illusions

Edited by claudius

1 hour ago, claudius said:

Form Phantasmic gives a random defensive illusion spell when bloodied.  My assumption is that it only triggers when it is in my hand and not just in a quick slot??  So that wouldn't be useful when not equipped and also I am often prebuffed with Llengrath's Displacement and/or Mirrored Images.

that being said, IIRC if you are bloodied, you can switch to eye of wael and it'll immediately trigger. but if you have summoned weapons, that's not really an option.

1 hour ago, claudius said:

The Hundred Visions gives +2 to Illusion Power levels.  Assumption is it has to be in my hand to affect power levels of Illusion.  Assumption #2 the Wael priest illusions are coded as Illusion so this should affect them right??  Displacement, Mirror Image, Gaze of Adragan, Confusion, and Arkemyr's Wondrous Torment

that's right. though switching to get +2 PL on mirror image or displacement is not really worth it. gaze of adragan though...

• Thanks 1