PS4 (interface etc)

Hi I'm doing a pirate run through of Deadfire with a Conjurer slash Priest of Wael.  Mirke is one of my crew members and I found a dagger that suits her because she is a drunk monk street fighter.  The dagger gives bonuses when drunk, but also has a hangover that makes you vomit and other weird stuff perhaps.  I have just found the dagger so haven't seen that.  The dagger also gives large bonuses while drunk.  I have lots of: ale, rum, beer, etc but whenever I try to put in quick slots to drink in battle it says food is only for resting.  So how does that work?  Anyone played a drunk character before?

With the Ring "Drunkard's Regret" you can circumvent the penalties of hangovers and this also means Pukestabber will have no downside. 

First of all you onle get a hangover if you stop resting with alkohol. If you keep using any alcoholic drink as "resting food" there will be no hangover. If you use something else when resting - that's when you will wakre up with a hangover effect and this triggers Pukestabber's vomiting etc.

So if you plan to use something else than alcolhol you can put on Drunkard's Regret right before resting. You can remove it after the rest, you don't have to wear it all the time - only when resting.

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks everyone!  Second question on Mirke.  I have a shield Tuotilo's Palm that has the property "brawling" that makes it count as an off hand weapon.

What happens if she has two weapon fighting talent?  Would that apply to Tuotilo's Palm?  If so I might give her that talent and have fist/shield in one weapon swap and pukestabber + ? in the other weapon swap.

Just out of curiosity what about:

What happens if she has weapon and shield talent?  Would that also apply to Tuotilo's Palm?

What happens if she has both of those talents (two weapon and weapon and shield)?  Would they both apply?

Thanks

Edited by claudius

1 hour ago, claudius said:

TWhat happens if she has two weapon fighting talent?  Would that apply to Tuotilo's Palm?  If so I might give her that talent and have fist/shield in one weapon swap and pukestabber + ? in the other weapon swap.

Just out of curiosity what about:

What happens if she has weapon and shield talent?  Would that also apply to Tuotilo's Palm?

What happens if she has both of those talents (two weapon and weapon and shield)?  Would they both apply?

Thanks

Bashing shields like Tuotilo's Palm, Magran's Blessing or The Best Defense profit from both abilities: "Two Weapon Style" and "Weapon and Shield Style".

This is unlike PoE where only weapon & shield style worked with bashing shields. 

So what happens is that you get faster recovery and also defensive bonuses which is neat of course. Especially Tuotilo's Palm synergizes very well with this because it can give more ACC or dmg AND higher defenses based on wounds. So it's boosting both offense and defense - just like Two Weapon Style + Weapon & Shield Style do.

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods