What are you Playing Now? Who needs a life anyway?...

uuuhhii

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

Yes the mechanical soldiers can be annoying once they enter the spasm phase. Double iron maiden fight tested my patience as well… ended up using summons to get over it. Didn’t encounter hands yet, nor later missles.

You should have seen the magic arrow thingies already. There is at least one location where it's even worse, tho. I ended up just running past everything while chugging potions.

Maybe I should branch out into magic ... I've heard it is like an easy-mode ... but I really don't want to throw my next 5 levels into INT ...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I didn't understand the problem with the hand spiders until I met the big ones. Yyyyyyeah. Get a combo in from behind, then focus on dodging to get to their side for the last few hits. The marionettes aren't bad usually, just wait their spasms out. Iron maidens have the nice habit of killing each other if you can lure them into a bunch. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

You should have seen the magic arrow thingies already.

Ah yes. Infinite FP magic spam. I am playing melee character mainly with some magic on side - so far I found range magic rather useless, I struggle to hit small targets. If I want to cheese I found manual aimed arrows to be a better approach. As far as magic users I managed to rush them and kill them without much issue - I was able to kill them in two hits though, I can imagine it being lethal and annoying if you don't do that much DPS. 

I'm 100% pure melee and a group of these people are a real threat to me. Just one needs to hit me, then all the missiles will stunlock me in place and eat my hp. It's really demotivating. Luckily I'm done with the academy now...

• Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Meh, it's not dealing as much damage and in the end it never helps me in those situations.

Finished off Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon. One of the easier fights, but the first phase was annoying as hell. Luckily only had to repeat it 3 or 4 times ...

Running around in the Siofra River Well now. Beat up two more bosses there and now I'll need to figure out where to go next. Think I'm going to pump some points into INT, because I noticed one of the shields I have needs it ... so might as well do that for some low-level magic as well.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

Moved the tail end of previous thread to this shiny new thread ☺️

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For me this seems to be the only thing that makes sense right now. The other areas that I'm aware of are still too high-level and I'm not feeling motivated to senselessly grind somewhere else at this point. : >

Personally I'd rather do Dragonbarrow first, because I need that 2nd medallion piece to be able to use the grand lift ... Need that to get to Mt. Gelmir for the Bloodhound Knight armor set ... this is my true goal in this game. : x

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

Meh, it's not dealing as much damage and in the end it never helps me in those situations.

Aggroing groups one-by-one, plinking away at bosses when they refuse to let you close, triggering ceiling clingers, I've found plenty of uses for my longbow despite starting as a dual wielder.

Yeah, but it's so boring. ;( I'll do it in certain situations ofc, but places like Siofra River with the magic bow 100% hit-chance penetrators are just so tedious.

Starscourge Radahn is probably the most unfun boss in the game so far. Extremely random, long, tedious, lazy, makes me want to uninstall the game.

Too much Elden Ring in this thread right now, so I want to remind everyone that I am playing Elex II and it is fantastic. I've improved my relationship with my son and my baby mama. I haven't had much luck with my infected arm though. Hopefully I get to cut it off and attach a chainsaw.

Battle Brothers also released a free DLC with new starting scenarios, so I might need to get into that again.

• Like 5

Not too fond of the assault rifle play in CP2077.  Shame I can't respec attributes though, ah well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

26 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

Battle Brothers also released a free DLC with new starting scenarios, so I might need to get into that again.

I finally picked the base game - won't be playing it right away, but looking forward to what Josh was so enthusiastic about.

Gave a brief go to Guardians of the Galaxy as it dropped on GamePass. So far so good. Pretty much AAA affair with more spectacle then substance they they seem to imitate GotG movies pretty well - and if there is knock-off Marvel series property I would spend some time in, it's Guardians. Looking forward to playing more of it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lexx said:

Yeah, but it's so boring. ;( I'll do it in certain situations ofc, but places like Siofra River with the magic bow 100% hit-chance penetrators are just so tedious.

You know what doesn't have magic bows, annoying hands or Starscourge Radahn?

Troubleshooter!

Also MW5 you could be playing with Chill and I 😛

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Elex 2: After about 25 hours I deleted my save a week ago when I realized that I accidentally sided with one faction over another long before I'd intended to join a faction. In my next save I cranked up the difficulty 'cause as far as Piranha Bytes games goes, Elex 2 is a little on the easy side. Since then I've put another 30 hours in and finally feeling like I'm ready to pick a faction.

1 minute ago, the_dog_days said:

Elex 2: After about 25 hours I deleted my save a week ago when I realized that I accidentally sided with one faction over another long before I'd intended to join a faction. In my next save I cranked up the difficulty 'cause as far as Piranha Bytes games goes, Elex 2 is a little on the easy side. Since then I've put another 30 hours in and finally feeling like I'm ready to pick a faction.

It seems to really push the Berserker faction on you early. I'm also concerned that I've committed to them too much early on, but hopefully I haven't passed the point of no return.

15 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

It seems to really push the Berserker faction on you early. I'm also concerned that I've committed to them too much early on, but hopefully I haven't passed the point of no return.

Honestly, they don't push the Berserkers as hard as they did in the first game. At least they're shown treating their new . . . uh, converts? like second class citizens. In the first game the only draw back to the Berserkers is NPCs b!tching about you using your jetpack (which they dropped for this game).

Edited by the_dog_days

Doesn't Duras leads you right to the Berserker base in Elex 1? And you pretty much have to actively avoid running into him. I blundered into some Mordocks before the Berserkers in 2, mostly because I saw

Spoiler

"Billy Idol Concert" and wondered if I was having a stroke. Hidden achievement for attending too, of all things

Concert reminded me of 'Ulukai Rocks' from Outcast for some reason.

#1 observation about Elex 2- it's really really easy for a PB game. That's even more evident than the character models missing bump maps? normal maps? and thus looking like they've had a pallet worth of semi gloss foundation applied to their faces.

• Like 2

Finally made it past the grant lift .. with going around it. Suffered myself through Mt. Gelmir and what is probably the worst dungeon in the whole game. Now I have the sick Bloodhound Knight Set.

Spoiler

icXFQSF.png

Funny enough, I found 4 (or 5) full armor sets in the 3 hours up there. Looks like only the "beginning areas" don't have any clothes you can find in the wild ... it's all in the north.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Totally not Gorgon said:

Messing around in Cyberpunk. I thought, now that I have an RTX card i would switch it on and be amazed.

It looks the same, slightly better lighting, maybe. That's about it. 

Give Control a go for RTX, and it's a great game besides.

• Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Played a bit of Crysis remastered on the PS5. I'd say the CryEngine is starting to show its age, this game ain't as pretty as I remember it to be. Still fun though.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.