Anyone getting a steam deck and playing Deadfire?

Checked the deck compatibility page and saw this for Deadfire:19901774_ScreenShot2022-02-25at12_06_39PM.png.f59b9e7152c704c029843a7ace092b32.png

Gotta say, playing Deadfire (among other Steam games) on the go is a very attractive proposition, but I'm not sure I'm willing to drop $400 USD just to wait some indetermine amount of time to try it out. So thought I'd check to see if anyone here is part of the first wave of Steam Deck owners to see how Deadfire performs.

Initially my Steam Deck delivery was planned for February, now it says Q2. Since it was delayed 2 months I will probably get my deck in april.  I bought it mostly for playing both Pillars of Eternity games. My friend programmer played both PoE on Linux without any issue, I checked Proton DB too. Even Pathfinder games should be playable. One of youtube channel is posting gameplay footage from many games. He showed Baldur's Gate 3, Divinity: Original Sin II and will check Pillars for sure. I heard those haptic touchpads are pretty good for strategic games even RTS, so isometric RPG shouldn't be a problem while playing on the go.

I even bought PoE1 on Nintendo Switch recently but I was too busy to check that port. I heard terrible things about bugs, but maybe it's  better now, even if publisher won't release more patches.

• Thanks 1

giphy.gif

Im playing PoE Deadfire on Linux as native versions since the beginning and a couple of other games with the Proton layer. I never had any issues - but usually I'm not playing fancy new AAA titles.

I won't buy the Steam Deck though because I'm not a fan of playing games on small screens and especially not RPGs without keyboard and mouse. 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...

@thelee

I got my Steam Deck today. I didn't have time to getting acustom to controlls, but it's working pretty good and the game can be operated via touch screen in the same manner as android/IOS ports of Infinity Engine games. Enabling AI scripts for party would greatly improve flow of the combat.

Sorry for dishwasher in the background. Steam Deck isn't that loud! I will test most of my cRPG library and put some footage - all Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Pathfinder, Tyranny, Fallouts, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Wasteland 2 & 3, Knights of the Chalice, Gold Box series, Avernum, Age of Decadence, ToEE, NWN and more.

• Thanks 2

giphy.gif