So I downloaded Steam and the game on my new PC (from a Mac), and while Steam remembers all my achievements, the game apparently does not, neither does my saves transfer to PC for some reason. I'd prefer finding a way to get those data transferred, but worst comes to worst I'd have to restart a new character without any of the blessings.

So... what'd be the best build (and teammates if that's applicable) for me to speed through a normal difficulty game and get as many achievements back in one go? I'm thinking about Troubadour/Psion build from before for maximum tank/control while having four strikers, though a Paladin/Chanter seems like a good fit too. Or, going 180 as a selfish Ranger/Rogue using the Red Hand?

I have the same problem with Linux <--> Windows because the savegame folders are named differently. One has a space and the other doesn't. What you can do is find the savegame folders on your machine, merge and rename them so the current system can find it. If you don't know which folder name is the right one: just make a dummy savegame with a distinctive char name.

You can edit the Berath Blessing in-game achievements with a text editor. But maybe they will resume if you also solve the savegame issue. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

19 hours ago, Griffonheart said:

So I downloaded Steam and the game on my new PC (from a Mac), and while Steam remembers all my achievements, the game apparently does not, neither does my saves transfer to PC for some reason. I'd prefer finding a way to get those data transferred, but worst comes to worst I'd have to restart a new character without any of the blessings.

i literally use cloud storage for this (not steam). i used dropbox first, and now google drive. if you know anything about symlinks, you can replace the save game folder on your local machine with an identically-named symlink to your cloud storage folder where you keep your saves (and then disable steam cloud storage). way more reliable, and lets you go cross-platform with achievements and saves.

if you don't want to bother (it's not bad, it's like two command line commands, something like C:\whatever>mklink /d NAME TARGETPATH in windows and $ln -s SRC TARGET in mac, i can provide more detailed steps if you need it), you can just manually copy the save folder.

Thank you both for the help. Question. If I email the save files from my Mac to myself, then download them onto my PC's save folder, would that work? It's probably easier to use cloud as Thelee puts it, but I figure it's probably the same if I take extra (but simpler?) steps to email/download them?