Hello!

Did you know that when you use Arkemyr Brilliant Departure you can keep enemies engaged even though you turn invisible?

If had engaged enemies before and then "jump" very near to those enemies with ABD you will keep that engagement. This can be useful - for example an Assassin/Bloodmage with Persistent Distraction and some engagement slots can use Persistent Distraction to permanently keep enemies distracted. You can also deliver disengagement attacks with Backstab- and Assasinate bonus should the enemies disengage (because why not, nobody's there, right? ;)).

I thought it is a nice "passive" effect for my unseen master of debuffs. ;) 

There are also some items that have some special effects when you are engaging somebody.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

(because why not, nobody's there, right? ;)

If you are using the invisibility from Tears of Saint Makahu or Temporal Cocoon (it is untargetability, not trully invisibility) you loose your engagement circles but ennemies stay at range, like for engagement. I think in your case, the same thing happen : the game consider they are engaged, they dont move. It is great CC part, like a paralyse bonus for your Unseen master of debuffs!

• Like 1

Unfortunately not. :)

And unless you terrify them the enemies don't seem to be willing to break engagement easily. 🤷‍♂️

I mainly use it as a passive debuff for my perma-invisible Assassin/Bloodmage who also uses Effigy's Husk (emits huge auto-hit -50% healing aura when bloodied - I use bloodied in combination with Blood Sacrifice for triggering Fighting Spirit anyway).

place him in the middle of a crowd while he's casting his non-damaging debuffs - and while he's doing that he automatically applies Distracted/Flanked to 4 enemies (Spear 1 + Kapana Taga 2 + Persistent Distr. 1).  It's not gamechanging but a nice side-effect that also works reliably against high defense target. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods