Audio Tweaks and suggestions

These are just a few minor adjustments: 

-I really enjoy the pond sound effects a lot....the lapping water and underwater ambiance especially. It is also helpful to hear when the boatman/tadpole/quoi fish are nearby. However, their movement and underwater 'choir practice' should sound.....well.....under the water. Same audio, but a softer/muted version.....until you dive into the water.

-The most jarring audio is when you take one step into the haze and/or charcoal pit grill area. Leaping Lizards! Nearly had a heart attack the first time I strayed too close while just peacefully gathering sprigs and things. No transition. No warning. Just....BLAM! One foot in/one step out. And the volume just skyrockets. Would be nice to have a softer transition. Maybe use that foreboding night music to give us a 'heads up' and then transition into the original music with a gradual increase in volume. Same audio, just not so.....ear shattering? The vibrations alone rattled the teaspoon in my coffee cup and shook the desktop. :) 

-Lightning bugs: need I say more? A constant, irritating whine that never ends until dawn....if you're lucky. Please, can we lengthen the time between their annoying whines or at least lower the volume a bit.  They love crawling on the mushroom walls of my castle at night. And there's not a dew collector in game that they do not love to tangle with. Please, I hate to remove them every third night just to get some peace and quiet. :) 

Audio I love: Pond ambiance, Sandbox nights, daytime music, the original night music, under the hedge and picnic table music, small critter attack music, the pop of spider webs being placed, the sound of grass as larger critters walk through them and so much more. Love this game! What are your favorite audio sounds? 

I agree the volume needs a bit work. I likely play with the game a little too loud, (I'm betting a fair portion of us do), so I might hear the quieter bugs... yeah I'm talking about you Wolf Spider. You go from sneak to banshee scream in a heart beat you fuzzy death ball. As a result though the loudest creatures sound downright obnoxious. The crow is by far the most annoying for me. When it lands near my bases I cringe on the inside. Mosquitos.... I really hate them so I'm almost grateful for their helicopter noise level warning me off but I still think it could go down a few notches. Just a little less of a difference between the loudest and the lowest noises would do wonders. 

I really like the night music. I also appreciate a lot of noises in my base. There is very homey feeling when you are building on the second floor and you hear the spinners stop so you go to change them out like it's laundry. 

• Like 1

".....you fuzzy death ball.....?" Oh, now you've hurt Ralph's feelings. It's enough that his lovely rock den has been reduced to a hole in the ground when the Devs flattened his charming rock roof, then crowded his sleeping quarters with quartzite chunks so every annoying brat in the neighborhood will show up at his doorstep with that greedy gleam in their eye,  armed to the teeth and waving a new shiny sword in his face (home invasion anyone?)....but now we're down to name calling. Really.....you should be ashamed. Can't a poor wolf spider take a nap in peace anymore?  (Respectively, Ralph's friends and associates.) 

PS: George and Stanley give your jump/scar a nine out of ten. They are rather proud of their Banshee scream. Works every time. :) 

(spoilers!!)

Audio of the bees sleeping DRASTICALLY needs taken down a notch. I've built a giant mushroom castle on the DND board at the picnic table, and visually this is one of my proudest bases and I LOVE bringing my friends here, but holy heaven...the bees are INSANELY loud when they're sleeping. Its not enjoyable at all hanging around there after dusk.

• Like 1