Good evening, I'd like to ask you for advice on a first run veteran build.

The Pg I would like to do is a Dps that does huge AoE damage and single target, maybe melee and that is not a glass cannon that is down after 2 attacks. As an NPC I would definitely like Eder and Aloth to continue the story after the first chapter. So maybe a pg melee dps offtank to be placed side by side with Eder and who smashes the enemies while he tanks them. Both single class and multiclass are good. Just perform

For a veteran, first run I'd recommend a Berserker/Nalpazca or Berserker/Devoted wielding Lord Darryn's Voulge, bound to the barbarian class. It's loads of fun, and you'll deal serious AOE damage, and occasionally AOE lightning explosions that will destroy mobs. It's an off tank DPS build, that will be a bit tankier if you go with Devoted. Nalpazca's a little less tankier, but perhaps will do a bit more DPS with swift flurry and heartbeat drumming. It doesn't work quite as reliably on PotD, since you need crits to cause the explosions, but it works amazingly well on veteran. You can get LDV very early, as soon as you leave Port Make around lvl 5-6, which is a nice plus for this build.

Another durable build is Swashbuckler. Mine was Streetfighter/Devoted to Estocs. Very effective, can recommend.

Need to be a little careful at first, but once he gets Unbending, he can charge headfirst into combat (he wants to be surrounded by enemies!) and be the main tank actually.

Edited by Haplok

Steel Garrote/Streetfighter doesn't go down easily and does a lot of dmg.

Soulblade/Trickster: same basically. 

Thanks for the answers, could you drop me a build for one of these two PCs? At least how I have to distribute the characteristic points and which weapons I have to focus

Edited by Krudar

I thoroughly enjoy going Devoted-Skald. Its built for crits. Choosing sabres and picking up monastic unarmed training, you should have all the weapon variety you need. The self-buff that Fights can pick up + their natural accuracy bonus can lead to a ton of melee crits to get chants back, and having that reliable and unconditional crit chance added to your offensive invocations like Thrice can make them crazy powerful. Later the Chanter can self buff with Energized, which makes the crit synergy even crazier. And theyre very sturdy.

Between Armoured Grace + Sashas Singing Scimitar its pretty quick too.

Edited by Porkchopsandwiches247
  • Like 1