Hello guys !

Like its written in the headline, how do I get Vatnir early on PotD ?

What's the earliest to get him ?

Are there cheesy ways to get him early like 4xHeralds or so ?

I really want him as a Zealot.

Modding is no option cause I'm on PS4. 

I suppose you can get him as soon as you leave Port Maje. You just need a rogue and/or a paladin lvl5 who can apply Gauging Strike and/or Brand Enemy on the dragon. (an assassin with high perception, using an arquebus with modal activated has the best chance to apply Gouging Strike).

32 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

I suppose you can get him as soon as you leave Port Maje. You just need a rogue and/or a paladin lvl5 who can apply Gauging Strike and/or Brand Enemy on the dragon. (an assassin with high perception, using an arquebus with modal activated has the best chance to apply Gouging Strike).

That's what I'm talking about !

Thought about it and gonna try it this evening.

Will report back here.

Thx for your response.

So I've managed to "win the fight" against the messenger if you want to say so, it was cheesy and long with brand enemy. I did it with a lvl 5 Paladin, it took long, very long, I mean really long...

But the encounter cheesed right back at me ! After the messenger was dead his minions didn't despawn, but my Brandadin was dead... so I died...

But I'll come back with mor Brandadins and cheese right back into the face of this encounter

...and finally Vatnir will be mine muhahahahahaaa

Or is there a way to despawn thos mobs ?

???
Why did your whole party die just because your Paladin went down? I usually wait with the party out of sight and only send my the Assassin/Paladin in. He uses Bounding Boots (for leaping next to hte Dragon while stealthed, then canceling the leap mid-air: still landing near the dragon but not breaking stealth), Lover's Embrace and Gouging Strike + Brand Enemy which puts 3 neverending DoTs on the Dragon which speeds things up considerably - but anyway: should he go down while putting DoTs on the Dragon I just let him lie there - and if there are still ads after the dragon died I just lure them up the path and finish them off one by one.

Of course a non-Rogue/Paladin will have no means to flee the fight without going knocked out. It's Smoke Veil which will will make things a lot less fiddly.

I just hire an Assassin/Paladin for the job. I mean that's totally on theme - calling a hireling for one particular job, right? :) 

Multiclass Assassin/Paladin needs more levels to reach Gouging Strike/Brand Enemy unfortunately. I would use SC Assassin if I wanted to get to Vatnir asap then. Just because of Gouging Strike + Lover's Embrace + Smoke Veil. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

???
Why did your whole party die just because your Paladin went down? I usually wait with the party out of sight and only send my the Assassin/Paladin in. He uses Bounding Boots (for leaping next to hte Dragon while stealthed, then canceling the leap mid-air: still landing near the dragon but not breaking stealth), Lover's Embrace and Gouging Strike + Brand Enemy which puts 3 neverending DoTs on the Dragon which speeds things up considerably - but anyway: should he go down while putting DoTs on the Dragon I just let him lie there - and if there are still ads after the dragon died I just lure them up the path and finish them off one by one.

Of course a non-Rogue/Paladin will have no means to flee the fight without going knocked out. It's Smoke Veil which will will make things a lot less fiddly.

I just hire an Assassin/Paladin for the job. I mean that's totally on theme - calling a hireling for one particular job, right? :) 

Multiclass Assassin/Paladin needs more levels to reach Gouging Strike/Brand Enemy unfortunately. I would use SC Assassin if I wanted to get to Vatnir asap then. Just because of Gouging Strike + Lover's Embrace + Smoke Veil. 

Nah my companions are only lvl 5, so no multiclass possible with PL3 abilities.

So I'll need more Brandadins.

I can't pull each mob after another when the dragon is dead, they all aggro at once.

So I need 1 Brandadin for the dragon and ~2 for the surviving trashmobs.

Time is no problem, I got plenty to do while the dragon dies slowly 

16 minutes ago, Waski said:

Try to pull one by one by setting trap in single mob hearing range, this way yo can pull it far from group with few traps.

Didn't know that,  but my whole party isn't stealthier in this encounter

3 hours ago, Viryu said:

I will hijack this thread a bit, since killing the dragon also contributes to further checks required. What are the minimum checks you'd need to get the +10 acc helm early on?

What do you mean ?

2 hours ago, Dyxx said:

What do you mean ?

You can get the Helm of the White Void from a frozen body in front of the Vytmádh. Iirc you only need a way to melt/remove ice. But you have to get past the pilgrims on top of the mountain... which is hard. Maybe sneaking/jumping past them with Bounding Boots is possible, never tried. 

So I cleared the encounter.

All I needed were two Paladins with "brand enemy", one fir the dragon itself and the other for the trashmobs after the dragon is dead.

There might be a more elegant solution to this, but in the end I got Vatnir at level 6/7.

So goal accomplished !

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dyxx said:

Can't you get it normally ? 

What do you mean? The normal way is to arrive there in front of the breach, start the scripted scene with the frozen "statue" and get the items. I don't remember every possible way to remove the ice. I know that fire does melt it (and as far as I remember I always could use that option), but there may be a lot more options - like chiseling or whatever (which I may have tried but don't really remember). 

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

What do you mean? The normal way is to arrive there in front of the breach, start the scripted scene with the frozen "statue" and get the items. I don't remember every possible way to remove the ice. I know that fire does melt it (and as far as I remember I always could use that option), but there may be a lot more options - like chiseling or whatever (which I may have tried but don't really remember). 

I've never done BoW before, so I'll find out. Got a torch in my bag

• Like 1

LOL.  I just took down the messenger at low level in turn based using a hireling rogue to to tag him with Lovers Kiss and Gouging Strike.  Took 130 rounds for the dragon to bleed out :)  Still, I think it was worth it to get early game Vatnir and see how he plays.

• Haha 3