I'd like to see this crew do a Shadowrun type game

Mondo

You've done High-Fantasy, Post Apocalyptic, Far-Future with KOTOR2 and various other settings. Would be cool to see it, and there hasn't been a game in that universe since the SNES/Genesis versions practically.

What Shadowrun's settings is----

In the far, dismal future, all our high tech fantasies and nightmares have come true, and the resurgence of magic has brought back fantasy creatures like elves, orcs and dragons. Huge megacorps battle to control the flow of money, power, and information, shamans do battle with street samurai whose human flesh has been augmented with the latest in lethal cyberware, and outlaws

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Actually I'd like for them to do both. Do a Shadowrun game, mainly b/c the name will much like how D&D and the NWN names did for Bioware get the attention of a fan base that may not already know Obsidian or their previous titles interested. That and it'll give them an established set of rules to work with and learn from...then they can again like Bio go into their own IP. Granted I am already a fan of Obisidan b/c I have played games that this crew has had a hand in and would love to see more along the lines of Fallout come from them :)

I think a Shadowrun game could blend single player, and party elements.

You can have a character in your party who is a Decker. Occassioanlly that character branches off and does their stuff. The same with the Rigger, etc.

That would be AWESOME!! I absolutely loved Shadowrun and Shadowrun on both the Sega and SNES (although they were both totally different). One could even adapt the D&D-like system used for KOTOR to the Shadowrun Universe. Using the same engine, it could be a totally awesome game.

Besides IGN has already written about it being a game they'd love to see remade. http://ps2.ign.com/articles/504/504985p3.html Just scroll down.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a Pen and Paper rpg (one with dice and books you play with your friends in case you don't know what pen and paper is)

The setting is 2050+ earth, with cyberware and a cyberpunk setting.... and magic/fantasy critters.

Overall one of the most fun PnP RPGs ever made :)

I preffered the SNES version's story, if you could mix what both games did right it would be even better.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

It's a Pen and Paper rpg (one with dice and books you play with your friends in case you don't know what pen and paper is)

The setting is 2050+ earth, with cyberware and a cyberpunk setting.... and magic/fantasy critters.

Cool. I know pnps. I do four different ones and GM 2. It sounds cool.

I preffered the SNES version's story, if you could mix what both games did right it would be even better.

The SNES version did have better story (and music... I loved the music), but the Sega version was as accurate as I think you can get to rules implementation. :)

Cool. I know pnps. I do four different ones and GM 2. It sounds cool.

http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/

Here's a link to the official site :)

Check it out :)

Darque,

The Sega version did accurately represent the rules. And so did ToEE for D&D. I wouldn't call either a fun game.

PnP games allow the players to do just about anything they can think of, and have a responsive GM/ST/DM at their disposal. CRPG's using PnP rules are a different beast. The Sega Shadowrun game wasn't close to a PnP session. You did randomly generated "Fetch" quests for karma. Eventually you waded through a brief, flimsy plot. It was sad indeed.

Whenever you take a PnP setting and turn it into a CRPG, you get people screaming about rules interpretations, and known setting.

If you create a new IP, you don't get nearly the same level of criticism, and you don't pay for licensing. For those who enjoy the Shadowrun setting (I've played it and dug it, despite not really caring for the rules) I suggest you play the PnP game.

I'll still take the SNES Shadowrun over the Sega one, despite the Sega one having a better rules implementation. The SNES one simply was more fun. From a gameplay standpoint, you got to play both a Shaman and a Decker at the same time, despite it being against the rules. Magic and Cyberware should not mix.