Dismantling of Armor and Weapons

• 10 months later...

This is a great idea but I would do the following:

1) Set up a quest/story so you can train or acquire the skills to dismantle rather than it being available from the get go. This would reward gameplay, etc
2) Allow the 100% return of jewels (being as they are so expensive and grindy to get late game), 75% of globs and say 50% of items that originally created the item. This would allow experimentation with gear loadouts thus providing more depth to the game for player retention/replayability...
3) Sommat new and radicle that we haven't thought of yet. Looks to Obsidian 😉

On 1/3/2023 at 2:24 PM, KnightX13 said:

Would be good to be able to put them in the grinder to break them down again. 

Thats a cool idea and even better that it already exists in game. Nice one!!

I've really thought hard over this and as a returning player I've found that decisions I made in early access have been changed due to the games changing mechanics (e.g. spoiler alert:::

Spoiler

we now have resource trinkets that can change the nature of our weapons

). Yes I accept early access games can change but changing decisions could also apply to new players where their knowledge of the game is limited initially.

I really hope this whole thread gets upvoted

Edited by dazza61

• 5 weeks later...

I would love this!!! 

I spent so much of my materials maxing out multiple different sets of armor, without realizing that certain materials like marble and quartz would be limited and non-respawning. Had I known, I wouldn't have wasted those precious items on beefing up something like antlion armor 😛 Id love to break them down and get those materials back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 12:46 AM, Reesie said:

I would love this!!! 

I spent so much of my materials maxing out multiple different sets of armor, without realizing that certain materials like marble and quartz would be limited and non-respawning. Had I known, I wouldn't have wasted those precious items on beefing up something like antlion armor 😛 Id love to break them down and get those materials back.

Armour is far easier to upgrade than weapons. You can farm the required items to level every armour in game to Lv 9 solo and possibly even multiplayer (with enough grind). However in solo and especially multiplayer there arent enough resources to level many weapons to Lv 9. The grind is literally insane. Its a weird design decision of Obsidian to allow us to max armour but artificially add a stupid grind to weapons. I truly feel that there are some sadistic people at Obsidian because Ive noticed in some of their games they have a cut off approach to game mechanics which stifles gameplay (looking at you Outer Worlds/New Vegas, etc.....and now even moreso Grounded)

Edited by dazza61

• 2 weeks later...