-New Ice Cooler biome which could either be between the Garbage Pile, and the House Steps, or near the shed. (Edit: Would make sense if it was near the picnic table with some drinks inside.) . Is filled with Ice Cubes, which can be smashed with a tier 3 hammer, (and maybe some new types of frozen insects could be found frozen inside some Ice Cubes, maybe a new type of spider. And it's frozen body parts could be in a recipe for a new weapon of some sort. A Frozen Blade?) Could use Ice chunks from the Cubes to make/fuel a refrigerator of some sort. (Edit: And being inside the Cooler for too long without corresponding armor, gives you the Freezing effect, similar to the Sizzling effect, except it slows you and drains your stamina. You could use mite fuzz or gnat fuzz to make insulated armor that keeps you warm. You could maybe also make some ice tipped arrows that give your target the freezing effect for a short time, and you could maybe make something like a sword made of hardened ice or something.)

-Maybe a DLC where you can enter the house and look around, and you can see an adult walk around sometimes, (while trying not to be stepped on,) and be able to collect new resources, such as; dust, carpet follicles. And maybe there could be some food in the cupboards, and some stuff in-between the couch cushions.

-Maybe add some types of small rodents, such as; mice, rats, squirrels?

-(Something me and my friends have been wanting for a while,) a wasp nest near the top of the tree, with a wasp lab. And the wasp lab could be connected to the BURG.L lab, but the explosion broke the connection, because we see other rooms inside the BURG.L lab, but we can't access them. So I think we should be able to climb up the tree inorder to get to the wasp lab, and the lab could possibly be halfway inside the wasp nest. And you could get some resources from killing the wasps maybe?

Edited by Game Matrix

I would like to suggest that we have different ice weapon than a blade. While I do like swords best, there are other weapons lacking in the 3rd tier that I would like to see created. 

There are small enough rodents to work in Grounded like the Crow does.  That list gets smaller if we are supposed to fight them. It get's much smaller if we are looking for location appropriate ones. A young/runt masked shrew is a possibility. They are active at night and jump rather well. Adult ones get a bit too large to fight at 99mm. A wolf spider is around 35mm for comparison.  A young/runt star-nosed mole might be appropriate and those are active in winter and can swim so not only can it be in the ice area it can roam the yard and pond. It's adult size is too big to fight unless we are following Shadow of the Colossus's lead though... or Link with a rock golem.  

I would definitely like to see the tree get a lab expansion. Being able to see that extra room we can't access always made me assume there would be more at some point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 3:00 PM, Game Matrix said:

-New Ice Cooler biome which could either be between the Garbage Pile, and the House Steps, or near the shed. (Edit: Would make sense if it was near the picnic table with some drinks inside.) . Is filled with Ice Cubes, which can be smashed with a tier 3 hammer, (and maybe some new types of frozen insects could be found frozen inside some Ice Cubes, maybe a new type of spider. And it's frozen body parts could be in a recipe for a new weapon of some sort. A Frozen Blade?) Could use Ice chunks from the Cubes to make/fuel a refrigerator of some sort. (Edit: And being inside the Cooler for too long without corresponding armor, gives you the Freezing effect, similar to the Sizzling effect, except it slows you and drains your stamina. You could use mite fuzz or gnat fuzz to make insulated armor that keeps you warm. You could maybe also make some ice tipped arrows that give your target the freezing effect for a short time, and you could maybe make something like a sword made of hardened ice or something.)

-Maybe a DLC where you can enter the house and look around, and you can see an adult walk around sometimes, (while trying not to be stepped on,) and be able to collect new resources, such as; dust, carpet follicles. And maybe there could be some food in the cupboards, and some stuff in-between the couch cushions.

-Maybe add some types of small rodents, such as; mice, rats, squirrels?

-(Something me and my friends have been wanting for a while,) a wasp nest near the top of the tree, with a wasp lab. And the wasp lab could be connected to the BURG.L lab, but the explosion broke the connection, because we see other rooms inside the BURG.L lab, but we can't access them. So I think we should be able to climb up the tree inorder to get to the wasp lab, and the lab could possibly be halfway inside the wasp nest. And you could get some resources from killing the wasps maybe?

I absolutely agree, a winter biome is necessary. Warm armor can be crafted from several types of fluff  and skin. Pieces of ice are needed for the refrigerator, like an unquenchable coal for the oven. Portable refrigerators usually have cold storage batteries, this substance can be used for crafting (for example, freezing arrows and bombs). Ice arrows, swords and armor would be cool, but it would melt quickly. It is better to use parts of the products that were stored in the refrigerator.

And here is a list of insects that are not afraid of frost: Boreus westwoodi, Chioneinae, Staphylinidae (predators up to 50 mm).

It would be a great biome, I'm already mentally traveling in it. :)

Edited by Feuer
  • Like 1

Stahlrim I would love to see that make an appearance in grounded.

As far as the cooler I say do a mini fridge. Could have more variety for things to find inside. Maybe have it half functioning where the fridge portion is busted and just keeps it cool and dark perfect for slugs and other creepers and if you make it to the top you can enter the freezer portion that triggers chiller(opposite of sizzle) and maybe encounter fungus enhanced varient as fungus prefers cold weather.

You think the infected spider is bad encounter a frigid pillbug with blue ice spikes(blue splinters) that breaks out of the ice and charges you in the same manner a ox beetle does

As far as ice based weapons I would suggest ice gear/mining gear combo. Like

Pickaxe: a weapon that has burst but is triggering piercing damage

Ice axe:a knife based cutting item 

Winter coat:made from lint as an insulator

Ice boots: skid resistant boots. Insulated for the cold.

Sun blockers and hood: based on Inuit design

Lantern: a combo of fungus and bioluminescent fluid. 

• Like 2

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

These are good ideas, it sounds perfect for a Weather: Phase 2. I think that is a good way to explain the Sandbox, as the first phase of adding weather, since it is a hot biome (like a heatwave) making you hot and drain your water faster. If I am right in the cold biome being Phase 2, maybe it can add some dangers like ice spikes falling or a burst of cold wind along with the freezing effect, which @Game Matrix suggested as slowing you down; but instead of draining your stamina, maybe making campfires needed to keep you warm before you freeze into a Ice Cube. It be cool if this is in the next update, it would add to the difficulty of the Upper Yard as well as spice up the gameplay. Hopefully that all made sense.

Edited by Nicholas Berstecher
  • Like 1