I agree with this idea. I don't want to "turn off" food spoilage, however, I feel like the prepared meals are not balanced well for the reward/cost. The meals have a very long cook time and relatively expensive ingredients, with a very short expiration time. I do understand that the buffs are arguably worth the cost, but at this point, I am still depending on jerky and acorn bits because they can be hoarded so easily that I'd rather eat three jerky, grab a water droplet, and start my day. 

Yes. Yes. And yes! All those lovely new meals......gone by mid-afternoon. What a waste of material and time. Love the concept. But those neat little packages should preserve the meals for at least two days. A frig should keep them longer. That would reduce the grind. (Oh, the constant and never ending grind!) Too much of a good thing......is still too much.  Love the gathering, chopping and hauling. But, make it worth our time. Perhaps......a large bag of ice? We've got the grill. The picnic table. Soda. Food. Why not ice? Just a thought. Have fun. :) 

Fully onboard with the food preservation solution. The picnic table already has a cooler; it could be opened (by default or in game means) and we could collect to ice to either make a refrigerator or added to one like old school versions when ice deliveries were a thing.

Even though there is a cooler, the other side of map is feeling kind of meaningless later in the game so perhaps we need something by the blueberry hedge or the other side of the pond... just saying I rarely play over there these days. Or there could be a dropped slushy or ice filled disposable cup in the trash area. Nothing wrong with having multiple places to collect ice from.  

Maybe we can us the new leather and ice to make icepacks for our backpacks to delay spoiling while on the go.

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, NukeGoose said:

Not sure if your "hello" was to bump the post but there are fridges

The forum has a "quirk" (to put it nicely), where the forum software eats the rest of a post if trying to create line breaks with the return key. I suspect that is what happened to the poor guy (and he wouldn't be the first one to start with an introductory line being the only thing remaining of the post :(

Admin is currently investigating why it happens

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein