It is Grounded or dark souls ?

Hello everyone,
I'm starting the game, and I don't understand why all the bugs kill me in one or two hits.
Whether it is the wolf spiders,larvae, mosquitoes or black soldier ants, absolutely anything I encounter is lethal if I make a single mistake.
I specify that I have the dart spear and the ladybug armor and that I play in "Normal" mode.
Absolutely all clashes are a nightmare.
Are there any solutions besides "play better".
Thanks everyone for reading me and happy playing! 

Play lower difficulties until you figure out attack patterns.

This won't help for the combats without threat bug but every enemy in the game has a tell for the next move. The biggest obstacle is the grouping enemies like ants, mosquitoes, and orb weavers. Also don't forget the use of smoothies like the rage and human food those let you either tank harder or finish the fight faster

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

The game is rather easy. 

But remember it's also designed for 2-4 players.

I always find the combat is better with a friend and eventually when you have weapons like the Spider Bow (TII) or the Crow Crossbow (TII) and then the Antlion Greatsword (TIII) you will absolutely smash everything in only a few hits.

Best advice I can give is get the research for the weapon upgrade station. That will allow you to add flat damage to your weapons and tools.

And remember, you're a tiny, tiny human... these bugs are in their environments.. your best choice sometimes... is running.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I personally, love the challenge, I love the learning curve and difficulty spike, I love the lack of handholding, but I fear that it might become too hard. the problems all started in between the shroom and doom update and hot and hazy update, and I feel like they are trying to make the game challenging for players who are continuing their old save and have 100+ hours, without thinking about the new players booting up the game for the first time. at this point, it's tough, but fair, enemies have different patterns and learning the parry help out a lot, plus, a lot of the tough bugs only appear in certain places, but I fear that if they are going to continue down this road for future updates, in the end, the games going to be unfairly hard. really, the game can be as hard as it wants to be, as long as it is fair.

Edited by Fallout5674

On 1/20/2022 at 3:49 PM, Fallout5674 said:

Yeah, I personally, love the challenge, I love the learning curve and difficulty spike, I love the lack of handholding, but I fear that it might become too hard. the problems all started in between the shroom and doom update and hot and hazy update, and I feel like they are trying to make the game challenging for players who are continuing their old save and have 100+ hours, without thinking about the new players booting up the game for the first time. at this point, it's tough, but fair, enemies have different patterns and learning the parry help out a lot, plus, a lot of the tough bugs only appear in certain places, but I fear that if they are going to continue down this road for future updates, in the end, the games going to be unfairly hard. really, the game can be as hard as it wants to be, as long as it is fair.

Thats why is important to use a new save when playing the updates and are giving feedback.