What are some rare or overlooked items you love?

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

Beza's Toothed blade worths mentionning too. -2AR stacking with everything on Crit is beyond what any other item can offer...

Hm... you can do -1 AR with any mace on graze. :) 

Not stackable maybe, but doing something on graze is often more appealing than doing something better on crit - to me at least.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

33 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Hm... you can do -1 AR with any mace on graze. :) 

Not stackable maybe, but doing something on graze is often more appealing than doing something better on crit - to me at least.

For non-stacking AR malus, you have plenty of solutions. The easiest are either various PER affliction (-1 AR from Flanked), Crack the Shield (for basically infinite debuff with the upgrade) or Sundering Blows (- 4AR, vs Deflection and can be AoEiszed with a rod/mortar/WotEP). I don't like Mace modal because it is so easy to get an equivalent effect and have it suppressed.

Stacking AR debuff are something much rarer. Blackened Plate mentionned by @thelee is the most convenient (-1 AR).

But when you need to stack AR debuff, another -2 AR is priceless.

How to get reliable crit is an issue of course, but pairing Beza's and Aldris' for dual Crit Sabres build feel nice (of course, this is not a pure DPS setup, more a support/self-heal one - Might be considered on a Wayfarer/Berzeker for example 🙂 ).

• Like 2

By the way: you cannot stack Beza's AR malus with the help of a phantom (if anybody had that idea ;)).

It seems that only effects that have a certain amount (or unlimited amount) of stacks can be "exploited" with a (or several) phantom(s).

What do you guys think Beza's Tooth First Blood enchantment? I like the +10 action speed against ANY enemy with more than 75 percent health. However, I don't understand mathmatically if the + action speed bonuses stack or not. For example, If I have + action speed from this sabre, and from recklass briggande, and from champions helmet, do these all stack normally, of is there a drop off? 

19 minutes ago, mjo2138 said:

What do you guys think Beza's Tooth First Blood enchantment? I like the +10 action speed against ANY enemy with more than 75 percent health. However, I don't understand mathmatically if the + action speed bonuses stack or not. For example, If I have + action speed from this sabre, and from recklass briggande, and from champions helmet, do these all stack normally, of is there a drop off? 

They do stack. If you know how: make yourself a big coffee and read this: 

If you're suddenly not interested in the details anymore (who could blame you? ;)) you can see the results of the bonuses when you right-klick on your weapon during combat (over the portraits, down left with the standard hud config). A popup will display attack and recovery time (among other info). If you hover over those numbers there will be a list in a tooltip window with the effects that currently influence those stats (in percentages):
action_speed_results.png?dl=1 

• Like 1

Ah - and I think it's good. I just think -2 AR is better if you can make sure to crit often enough. You get the -1 AR anyway without further enchantment and in order for it to count you have to behave in a certain way - might as well double down on it imo. 

19 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

You can see the results of the bonuses when you right-click on your weapon during combat (over the portraits, down left with the standard hud config). A popup will display attack and recovery time (among other info).

🥲, I did not know that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

They do stack. If you know how: make yourself a big coffee and read this: 

If you're suddenly not interested in the details anymore (who could blame you? ;)) you can see the results of the bonuses when you right-klick on your weapon during combat (over the portraits, down left with the standard hud config). A popup will display attack and recovery time (among other info). If you hover over those numbers there will be a list in a tooltip window with the effects that currently influence those stats (in percentages):
action_speed_results.png?dl=1 

Thank you @MaxQuestand @Boeroer

I will for sure read that guide and do some more testing. I really appreciate it! 

• Like 1

I can also very much recommend @thelee's GameFAQ guide.
Sometimes, with complicated things, it's just better to get another explanation that's worded a bit differently:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/action-speed-recovery-time

This is the page about action speed/recovery. If you want to read the whole thing start here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599

• Thanks 1

What do you think about Scourge of Bezzello ?

Granted that it comes super late and is a loot from one of the hardest fight, it appears to me that this weapon has an interesting property : it is a crossbow with 3 hits. Why do I think it is so great ?

Apart for the usual feat from multi-shot weapons (Avenging Storm, triple roll for applying afflictions), I think it combines perfectly with the Crossbow modal in order to be the perfect interrupting weapon. Because yes, you get triple chances of interrupting from normal Hit. Which is especially neat when one need to dig through layers of Concentration.

Now, of course, it isn't meant to be the main weapon of a build, but as a secondary/situational one, I think it is pretty good. Basically BiS for its purpose.

• Like 1

Yes, it's cool.

But because it comes so very late it doesn't play a role in any of my build ideas. Maybe if I wanted to do a crossbow char - but then crossbows don't have exciting uniques or they are gated behind certain decisions regarding factions. 

I had the same problem with Acuan Giamas in PoE. A morning star with wounding and basically Grimoire Imprint on hit - supercool really. But it's in Llengrath's bog which is one of the last maps of the game. Meh...

Maybe exporting/importing is a solution (if it doesn't make you feel cheaty).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, it's cool.

But because it comes so very late it doesn't play a role in any of my build ideas. Maybe if I wanted to do a crossbow char - but then crossbows don't have exciting uniques or they are gated behind certain decisions regarding factions. 

I had the same problem with Acuan Giamas in PoE. A morning star with wounding and basically Grimoire Imprint on hit - supercool really. But it's in Llengrath's bog which is one of the last maps of the game. Meh...

Maybe exporting/importing is a solution (if it doesn't make you feel cheaty).

Yeah, it could somewhat be renamed "Scourge of Hauani O Whe" because it is its one realistic purpose.

Maybe poking Belranga too ?

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1