New Creatures, Weapons, Locations, Armor and Bosses

Hello I have had grounded for a long time. I think it's all going in the right direction and love every single update thus far.  All i wanted was too add to this great game.

New Creature/ Weapons:  ( I hear that Wood Termites are coming... Maybe... so they won't be added )  

1.) Earthworms: I think these would be great addition, when it rains they rise to the surface and maybe when it's dry out they dig underground. Combat could be every time you hit them the could multiply cause you cut them in half. There benefits could be more food related and fertilizer for crops.

2.) Earwigs:  These are very common in most places. Earwigs could work to be getting a level 1 scythe and/or blade cause of their pincers. 

3.) Ground Beetles:  These could be very strong opponents, you could have to throw a bomb flip them on their backs and attack the soft belly. Could be used to create Beetle ( Crusader/ Persian Immortal )  armor/ Shield and could make Bolas to Trap/Capture insects 

4.) Crickets: These could be a cool way to introduce homemade alarms, or instruments. They jump a lot and could introduce a little different fighting dynamic due to the jumping

5.) Flies:  These would be great to add to the garbage section, they could also be used to make like goggles using their eyes, some type of flying contraption using their wings. They could also be used to introduce Maggots but idk what to do with those.

6.) Wireworms: I like the idea that theses could work like the Graboids from the movie tremors lol. Would love to have a enemy that burrows underground and tries to grab you and bring you under. 

7.) Daddy Long Legs/ Cellar spiders: These would be really cool could build stilts, spears, maybe trebuchet ammo. Combat could work by having to take it out of his legs, his attacks could be like he drops to bite.

8.) DragonFly Nymphs:  This could work as the Wolf Spider of the pond. They are vicious bugs and normally are rulers of the pond. They could be used to craft a Nymph Trident, Maybe even a Nymph Harpoon Gun. They have the ability to shoot water out and be able to get away, this could be a interesting dynamic in combat with them and maybe for some special crafting idk. 

Locations:

1.) Raised/Normal Garden: Could have Tomatoes, Carrots, Sunflowers,Squash and/or Whatever Vegetable/Fruit. This could be where a lot of the creatures I proposed could be and maybe there could be higher chances of combat cause the bugs are trying to get the food, so they will have a higher chance fight each other and you. There would be tons of places to put a boss battle if this came to be.

2.) Fire pit: This could be cool ( or hot lol). We could get ash, sinders, burnt wood. We could use this almost like a citronella to keep bugs away from your base. There would be no bugs ( cause they hate smoke ), But you would have to deal with the smoke and heat from cinders. We could find burnt carcass of bugs, Maybe a Field Station/ Research Facility. We could get fluid from a broken zippo lighter or be able to scavenge things off of matches. We could make molotovs, exploding arrows, flaming arrows and ash bombs or make a smoke gun to scare away insects or put bees to sleep.

3.) Stream: It would be really cool to have a stream come off the pond or be its own thing leading to another pond with like a mini waterfall. There could be a Research station behind the waterfall. This could make it so that we could have like a surfboard, raft, or Tube to float down on. They could sport a high variety of insects and resources. More things in the water would be awesome. 

4.) Outdoor Mini Fridge: Could introduce Cold dynamic, would be nice to get ice, and other cold weather things 

BOSSES:

1.) Praying Mantis:  I'm sure everyone and their mother has been asking for it. The potential for this creature are so gosh darn high. A Praying mantis Level 3 scythe, There armor could look live the Grim reaper. The fighting style would be bite jabs and grabs with its claws. Some have the ability to camouflage that would be a awesome fighting dynamic. 

2.) DragonFly: This could serve as the Boss of the stream. There wings could be used to make gliders, Body could be used to make Knight and Shining or Dragon Armor because of their vibrant colors. They fly very fast and come in on precision strikes. The weapon i had in mind was like a Dragonfly Halbert, Pitchfork, or Pike. 

3.) GrassHopper: These guys are pretty big so that's why i made him a boss. I did some research and these guys can be vicious, there mandibles are like chainsaws. They much very high and bite can be quite painful. They could produce a saw or the Macuahuitl ( Aztec Saw Blade ). There armor could also be inspired by a Aztec or Native American Armor. 

4.) Centipedes: This would be terrifyingly great! A super long and terrifying enemy. He could be inside of the Shed, or in a stump. The Armor could be like a Egyptian style. The weapon that it makes  could be a Khopesh Sword ( The Curved Sword ) or a double bladed scimitar .

5.) Escaped Pet Scorpion: This would be the only way i think we could get scorpions in the game. It would be the best place to fight it in the sandbox. Weapon could be  Scorpion Scythe or Sais 

6.) Escaped Pet Tarantula:  This would be a cool way to get another big spider fight. Viking Armor would be nice, Weapon could be a two handed axe

7.) Garden Snake: This would be awesome! Like the Koi Fish this would be a scary roaming huge boss. We could make a Snake Whip and Snake Leather and other cool stuff

Weapons: 

1.) Throwing Stars: Could be made from any mandibles and will add to the strength depending on which mandible is used 

2.) Trebuchet: These can be put to defend your base from invaders or be pulled.

3.) Catapult: These can be put to defend your base from invaders or be pulled.

4.) Roman Centurion Style Shield: It could be made from a type of Beetle if added

These were just some of the things i thought up thanks! 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Why earthworms? They are to big for the player. They don't multiply when severed (they aren't planarians) they would be a useless non aggressive mob.

With exception of the mantis all of the bosses would be just day wreckers to big for you to deal damage and would either end or ignore you (especially a dragonfly that eats airborne food and not ground dwellers)

Everything else though could be interesting especially encountering hornworms in the garden a passive mob that would launch you when touched (they thrash when touched). Heck if they set spawn them they may be a way to travel around the garden

• Like 1

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

1 hour ago, ScritchOwl said:

Why earthworms? They are to big for the player. They don't multiply when severed (they aren't planarians) they would be a useless non aggressive mob.

I thought we already had worms, the ones you dig from the ground. I dont see worms for mobs either (at least to fight), I did suggested them as a transportation tho, underground train, chooo chooo

Edited by MrSeriouscat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ScritchOwl said:

With exception of the mantis all of the bosses would be just day wreckers to big for you to deal damage and would either end or ignore you (especially a dragonfly that eats airborne food and not ground dwellers)

Everything else though could be interesting especially encountering hornworms in the garden a passive mob that would launch you when touched (they thrash when touched). Heck if they set spawn them they may be a way to travel around the garden

Lol sorry about the earthworm info lol i fell for a old wives tale that they divide. We have grubs but no big beetles only the Bombardier. The Earthworm was kinda a long shot ( Just watched DUNE).   As far the Boss fights, I think they are all smaller than the koi fish with the exception of the snake. Dragonfly's do eat tadpoles and small minnows so i thot it would be a good sailing down a stream boss fight or a small pond boss fight. All are apex predators, and will hunt for food.The Grasshopper is the only exception to this but i still thot it could be a awesome fight. I think thats what you want in a Boss fight something that is huge and you need to strategize to beat. Idk just suggestions I love this game and ill play what ever they give me lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrSeriouscat said:

I thought we already had worms, the ones you dig from the ground. I dont see worms for mobs either (at least to fight), I did suggested them as a transportation tho, underground train, chooo chooo

Yea we have grubs but not worms, i thot they would be a cool passive enemy, again Just recently watched dune thot it would be cool. Underground transportation would be interesting. I think this game has massive potential. Cant wait for more to come  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Schadel Diaz said:

Lol sorry about the earthworm info lol i fell for a old wives tale that they divide. We have grubs but no big beetles only the Bombardier. The Earthworm was kinda a long shot ( Just watched DUNE).   As far the Boss fights, I think they are all smaller than the koi fish with the exception of the snake. Dragonfly's do eat tadpoles and small minnows so i thot it would be a good sailing down a stream boss fight or a small pond boss fight. All are apex predators, and will hunt for food.The Grasshopper is the only exception to this but i still thot it could be a awesome fight. I think thats what you want in a Boss fight something that is huge and you need to strategize to beat. Idk just suggestions I love this game and ill play what ever they give me lol 

I agree with you, big bosses are awesome! Anyone who've played Shadow of the Colossus will agree with that! 

3 hours ago, fefe1920 said:

I agree with you, big bosses are awesome! Anyone who've played Shadow of the Colossus will agree with that! 

Unfortunately this game doesn't support it. I enjoy big boss like dragon dogma, monster hunter, shadow and even the intro fight of nier automata.  It's just the game engine isn't gonna allow that unless they scrap it and go to an engine that facilitates the big bosses as of right now the physics are hanky and would probably leave you hovering while the bosses march on without you.

I can post my 180cm jump or say climb a weed and chop it from a leaf the stems will fall and you will hover until you move

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

Well, as ScritchOwl said, I love those games as well where you fight big bosses, but if its not possible because of the engine capabilities I was thinking. Why not a new landmark where you can find a dead snake or small reptile (well small for us, not for the characters of the game xD) where you enter inside the creature, yeah I know the creature is dead, but could be a nice excuse to add worms XD... and new resources, if earthworms are too big, maggots could fit the suggestion.

I obviously said snake because other user suggested them... And I thought that a lethargic snake to explore from inside and replicate the SpaceWorm scene from Star wars could be cool haha

Edited by MrSeriouscat
  • Like 1

I think the garden, fire pit, and mini fridge are great biome additions. The fridge idea has been popular, and it would be cool to be able to scavenge ice, but have a limited time to get it back to base to use for your own fridge. Along with the race to keep it from melting, the fridge environment would be dangerously freezing like the sizzling effect, but night time or shade would not save you. Just unique armor, for a time. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2021 at 12:54 AM, Macen said:

I think the garden, fire pit, and mini fridge are great biome additions. The fridge idea has been popular, and it would be cool to be able to scavenge ice, but have a limited time to get it back to base to use for your own fridge. Along with the race to keep it from melting, the fridge environment would be dangerously freezing like the sizzling effect, but night time or shade would not save you. Just unique armor, for a time. 

I like that idea, although I dont like if the ice ends melted with time even on the fridge, if you have your base far from that biome could be annoying to traver back and forth to retrieve ice.

And about bugs, well I know a few insects that could be resistant to freeze or cold temperatures, but why not have some of them freeze like rocks on that biome XD so you can use the hammer to brake them and take, for example... iced resources and mabe do a fresh based weapons, wich rn the only one with base fresh that I know is the mint mace

• Like 3

• 9 months later...