Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 3

ShadySands

4 hours ago, Gromnir said:

is actual a separate issue.

<snip>

different issue entirely is the problem with so much content being on the roofs o' alushinyrra.

Apologies for terrible formatting on my previous post. First sentence was directed toward the latter issue. Second sentence, the former.

There is a loading screen that tells the player to check rooftops.

There is (was?) a tutorial re: camera stuff. FWIW, I've only ever had problems with one wall getting "stuck" if my party is too close (the one to the left of the harem of ardent dreams)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

16 minutes ago, Achilles said:

FWIW, I've only ever had problems with one wall getting "stuck" if my party is too close (the one to the left of the harem of ardent dreams)

another unique but different problem. the wall you specific mention, unlike others, appears to move, but perhaps does not. we have a problem where if am too close to a wall, it simple won't shift, but the harem of ardent dreams wall is a curious outlier 'cause bunch up next to it and shift camera makes it appear as if the wall moved, but you are nevertheless prevented from moving forward. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

not surprising, am going with a human inquisitor for our aeon. the problem were deity selection. wanted lawful and non evil. abadar were an obvious choice, but we went with erastil so we could go sanctified slayer and still acquire an animal companion. is a perfect legit wotr option as an inquisitor o' erastil could be seeking to cleanse the land of demon taint, including the demon horde's humanoid allies, to make the land safe for communities to once again flourish in the areas surrounding the world wound, but truth is we went backwards from abilities and powers to end up with erastil as our choice, which feels kinda cheap and metagamey. am suspecting we will manage in spite o' the role-play burden. 

kinda wanted to go skald now that they is working as described, but we also were committed to aeon and while am thinking an aeon skald would be excellent, it weren't on our shortlist. am actual a bit perplexed as to what mythic we would choose for a skald, other than trickster or perhaps an eventual legend build. am not genuine interested in trickster though.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we kinda wanted to go with a halfling sanctified slayer, 'cause such a choice strikes us inherent funny, but is a feat heavy build and the one extra feat humans receive were a deciding factor. 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

16 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

The whole 'rotating camera moves scenery' mechanic is an innovative one, and one I hope never to see in any other video game. I'm already wrestling with your frequently frustrating camera, don't make it even more frustrating for me.

It's not fun at all. It works once you get the hang of it, but it's frustrating to wait a minute for the map to adjust. And God forbid you want to use the rotating camera to get a better look.

Anyways I think I'm almost done with the demon city. I hope the flying island is still there when I get back.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

18 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

It's not fun at all. It works once you get the hang of it, but it's frustrating to wait a minute for the map to adjust. And God forbid you want to use the rotating camera to get a better look.

Anyways I think I'm almost done with the demon city. I hope the flying island is still there when I get back.

Watching other people play on the map, it looked very interesting. Guess it's a different pair of shoes when you play it yourself.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

21 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Watching other people play on the map, it looked very interesting. Guess it's a different pair of shoes when you play it yourself.

It's a cool idea but it gets old fast in practice. It's not as bad as some of the puzzles, but it's one of those things hat just add tedium. Aivu also got stuck behind a wall once.

Edited by KP on top of ZA WARUDO

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

17 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

The whole 'rotating camera moves scenery' mechanic is an innovative one, and one I hope never to see in any other video game. I'm already wrestling with your frequently frustrating camera, don't make it even more frustrating for me.

you gottta fiddle with the camera and your party position to gain access to the next map section. 

described insular like that it sure sounds like a bug, no? is the kinda thing that if it were a bug people would be complaining 'bout incessantly. truth is it's not actually that buggy o' a feature (anymore), though there are a couple easily circumventable bugs linked to geography shifting. unfortunate, the unique feature doesn't actual add any meaningful gameplay value. geography shift does add time and a bit o' annoyance. with each individual wall or building shift annoyance being somewheres 'tween trivial and minor, the problem is the all too frequent abyssal fed-ex quests and even simple map navigation has player time invested doing nothing meaningful multiplied and for no good reason.

is a unique feature which does nothing save increase frustration and gameplay time. should'a been cut.

HA! Good Fun!

I'm about halfway through chapter 3 and it seems like they fixed a lot of stuff since the last time I played. I'm impressed.

I let the devil guy make contracts in my city even though I'm LG because it's not against the law and I believe in letting people make their own choices, sometimes. Not actually concerned with racking up enough devil points to go devil later on because I'll just toybox it later on since I plan on going dragon the first time. After that I'll reload, change some flags, and go devil then maybe reload again and go full aeon.

That's the plan anyways

Free games updated 3/4/21

My post above is broken and editing it is weird(technical term) so here's a double post

Why does sorcerous reflex suck in RTWP? It's awesome in turn based mode but in real time I always cast once then attack with whatever I have equipped instead of casting a second time.

57 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

My post above is broken and editing it is weird(technical term) so here's a double post

Why does sorcerous reflex suck in RTWP? It's awesome in turn based mode but in real time I always cast once then attack with whatever I have equipped instead of casting a second time.

are you using metamagic feats? sorcerers + metamagic feats + sorcerers reflex = fail. dunno. have played almost exclusive tb.

as an aside, we did discover a curious side effect o' equipping a late game familiar which does random elemental damage each round you manage to land a melee weapon hit. not only does it proc elemental barrage, but the actual damage inflicted includes pretty much every other effect you might be adding to your weapon damage. haven't checked with vital strike, but the sanctified slayer we were using received damage from sneak attack + bane + crusader's edge+ instrument of freedom, 'cause those were the effects we had active at the time. so, 1d4 electricity damage + (more than) 20d6 additional damage. and again that were separate from the elemental barrage which stacked all the same stuff as well as divine damage equal to mythic rank. 

aside

Spoiler

am gonna have a difficult time going devil just 'cause am gonna want to kill mephistopheles to take his robe every time. -4 penalty to saves v. fear effects plus a nenio maxed to take advantage of weird is just to effective at screen clearing annoying late game mobs.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Why does sorcerous reflex suck in RTWP?

All swift actions seem to be much more wonky in RT. I honestly don't use RT except easy encounters I can auto attack through through. Oh, and some encounters have enemies who teleport in or revive and TB borks those up enough that a switch to RT is necessary.

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

After some testing I still can't tell because it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't...

is the way we describe our issues with tb mounted combat. recent patches did strange things with mounted combat which were already wonky. multipliers for charge damage apply... sometimes. why? 

HA! Good Fun!

On 1/6/2022 at 11:15 AM, Gromnir said:

are you using metamagic feats? sorcerers + metamagic feats + sorcerers reflex = fail. dunno. have played almost exclusive tb.

as an aside, we did discover a curious side effect o' equipping a late game familiar which does random elemental damage each round you manage to land a melee weapon hit. not only does it proc elemental barrage, but the actual damage inflicted includes pretty much every other effect you might be adding to your weapon damage. haven't checked with vital strike, but the sanctified slayer we were using received damage from sneak attack + bane + crusader's edge+ instrument of freedom, 'cause those were the effects we had active at the time. so, 1d4 electricity damage + (more than) 20d6 additional damage. and again that were separate from the elemental barrage which stacked all the same stuff as well as divine damage equal to mythic rank. 

aside

Reveal hidden contents

am gonna have a difficult time going devil just 'cause am gonna want to kill mephistopheles to take his robe every time. -4 penalty to saves v. fear effects plus a nenio maxed to take advantage of weird is just to effective at screen clearing annoying late game mobs.

HA! Good Fun!

on rtwp some times it quicken some time it doesn't

prepare caster just feels better for blaster that only spaming a few good spells

got another beta legacy bug which is endgame kinda trivial but nevertheless annoying. wisdom modifier being applied to ac for those with monk levels near invariable is generated -1. should be +5, then is 4. should be +8, then is 7. equipping armour momentarily will correct the problem, but any area transition or reload will reapply the faulty math.

HA! Good Fun!

In the Abyss now and I've got to say I think I appreciate Camellia more now

My LG Aeon still killed her but I like that she's irredeemably evil. I read that even in her best ending she's still an evil cannibal murderer that leaves because she doesn't want to want to kill you. Whereas Wendaug can be sexed into being a much better terrible person.

More importantly, Horgus actually reacts to her death now.

gotta admit am fundamental opposed to...

Spoiler

crazy as a motivation or plot device. genuine rl crazy is not funny and kinda harrowing. cartoony movie and crpg crazy is an excuse for characters to do the improbable and make it impossible for an audience to question motivations. 

am ok with irredeemable evil. am suspecting regill would raze a town and crucify every man, woman and child resident if doing somehow made victory against the demons more likely.  if any character in wotr is dedicated to their code or chosen lifestyle it is regill, yes? 'course if the explanation for regill's lack o' empathy were that as a young gnome he had been knocked into an alchemist's vat o' experimental alchemical goo, after which he became a sociopath with preternatural and premature bleached skin, we would not be amused and we would not be ok. sure, if the goal is to not make regill a character but just another monster, then crazy works fine, but in general we find such an approach to be the result o' lazy/bad writing.

not quite reaching time travel level for our least favorite plot devices, but use crazy as an explanation o' character behaviour is  cheap, and camellia ain't even particular funny or creative in her portrayal o' crazy. camellia writers just went over-the-top and called it a day.

'course we ain't actual played a dedicated evil protagonist, so perhaps on a continuum o' wotr joinables, camellia ain't that bad.

am only just finishing act ii with our lg aeon, and our drift towards ng is a minor but genuine issue. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Well my cg azata made it out of the abyss and

Camellia attacked me at the end of her personal quest because I didn't want to massacre the servants. I think it's bold that Owlcat made one of their waifu baits into an irredeemable monster, but it's hard to justify keeping her around unless you're evil or really need a dodge tank.

This is turning out to be a completionist run, but it looks like I won't be able to do the quest A Refuge from the Present. :shrugz: Apparently it's a backer quest that is not good though.

7 hours ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

Well my cg azata made it out of the abyss and

Hide contents

Camellia attacked me at the end of her personal quest because I didn't want to massacre the servants. I think it's bold that Owlcat made one of their waifu baits into an irredeemable monster, but it's hard to justify keeping her around unless you're evil or really need a dodge tank.

This is turning out to be a completionist run, but it looks like I won't be able to do the quest A Refuge from the Present. :shrugz: Apparently it's a backer quest that is not good though.

let her kill horgus also drop a very good rapier that most player probably never get to use

cleric animal domain is behaving strange. if you get your animal companion through a cleric domain, the critter is not -3 levels relative to the class which provided the animal. we selected the boon companion feat for sosiel (impossible domain: animal) 'cause it felt like cheating not to, but doing so is unnecessary. 

HA! Good Fun!

@KP on top of ZA WARUDO, What's the problem with that quest? But yeah, all the backer quests are pretty terrible in my experience.

I also just got out of the Abyss with my sorc. Just need to 

Retake Drezen again and switch to Gold Dragon then go clean up the rest of Galfrey's mess