ranDom vIdeO game news

Sarex

17 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

What seems to be the crux of the outrage? I haven't been following this since I have no intention of buying the games.

Poor quality.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

28 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Poor quality.

Are you suggesting a giant wealthy company would hastily slap together a low effort remaster to cash in on nostalgia? Why, I never!

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think they outsourced it to some whatever studio and then didn't bother with it anymore. The management in charge of overseeing the project and then handling the QA either had no experience or simply didn't gave a damn about it. Looks to me like a way too common pattern when it comes to big studios. Kinda doubt they had big deadline pressure.. Pretty sure their management thought this game is good to release and now it backfired.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Poor quality is somewhat of an understatement, and on PC somehow manages to be the least of the issues.

They left an enormous amount of cut and unlicensed content (eg music tracks they didn't renew the rights to) in the files- and hadn't even redacted the hot coffee files. As a result the Rockstar launcher was down for a day meaning people couldn't play any game linked to it. Now you simply cannot download or play GTA trilogy for an unspecified amount of time while they fix its issues over ??? days andor months. Oh yeah, and the Switch version included most of the source code...

Makes C2077's launch look smooth as silk wrapped satin.

• Like 1

Wait, did they not relicense the songs? I don't have any inclination to play any of these games, but if I did any it would be San Andreas, but only if they had all the OG radio stations with all the songs. The soundtrack was a big part of the experience.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They relicensed some of the songs, iirc there are something like 40 original tracks missing over the three games. Don't know if they've licensed any new ones as replacements.

It is, of course, not necessarily Rockstar's fault that they couldn't relicense some of those (for some reason Sony had been very difficult to get song licenses out of, which was why GTAVC got pulled then reinstated with Sony songs missing a few years ago). It is however most definitely their fault that those tracks were included in the media despite not being licensed.

Kind of ironic- in the Darth Plagueis vein, not the Alannis- that a company with noxious DRM has to pull a product for flagrantly ignoring other peoples' IP rights, though that certainly isn't the only problem.

• Haha 2

Sounds like my company did the outsourcing job.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

11 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I mean, there is a reason why MS bought Bethsoft.

Yes....I know this.  However, the outrage generated by the Epic situation exposed a huge malfunction of rational thought so I'm taking it upon myself to kindly remind the "Gaming" community that exclusivity is not going to just be a blip in the Matrix, without coming off sounding like a stuck up A-hole.

23 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

If you thought blatant exclusivity was gonna stop at Epic...

I think you meant to say “If you thought blatant exclusivity was gonna stop at Playstation”.

Epic isn’t even a comparison, as they don’t own the studios - they just buy exclusivity (aka. Pay for them to not release on other platforms). It’s closer to what Microsoft did in the past - paying for Tomb Raider to not release immediately on PS.
Also unlike PS, (for now) Microsoft releases on PC, on multiple stores on day one, and probably on gamepass, making it such a good deal. I might even give Starfield and Elder Scrolls6 a go, if I will be able to play it through gamepass.

• Like 2

Exclusives have been around forever, they're what sell systems. I'm not a fan of it, I would rather everything was available on all platforms, but that is not a reality we live in. The whole reason Sony has repeatedly beaten Microsoft in console sales is because they've had better exclusives. Microsoft buying up studios left and right is an effort to address that. The moment they acquired Bethesda anyone who thought we would see future Bethesda games on Playstation was out of their mind.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

24 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

Yes....I know this.  However, the outrage generated by the Epic situation exposed a huge malfunction of rational thought so I'm taking it upon myself to kindly remind the "Gaming" community that exclusivity is not going to just be a blip in the Matrix, without coming off sounding like a stuck up A-hole.

Bah, Epic outrage was just US imperialism gobbled up by the consumers and spewed out as farce for consumer rights.

The same people who cry about evil Epic (timed) exclusivity, happily embraced Steam exclusivity as the way of the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 11/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, Zoraptor said:

Poor quality is somewhat of an understatement, and on PC somehow manages to be the least of the issues.

They left an enormous amount of cut and unlicensed content (eg music tracks they didn't renew the rights to) in the files- and hadn't even redacted the hot coffee files. As a result the Rockstar launcher was down for a day meaning people couldn't play any game linked to it. Now you simply cannot download or play GTA trilogy for an unspecified amount of time while they fix its issues over ??? days andor months. Oh yeah, and the Switch version included most of the source code...

Makes C2077's launch look smooth as silk wrapped satin.

Gotta love that the hot coffee was and is so controversial... considering you can murder countless people, buy hookers and kill them for a full refund.  But having sex with a girlfriend is a bridge too far.  Gotta love modern morality.

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

A Saints Row update from Jim Boone, Chief Creative Officer, Volition

Saints Row will no longer release on the originally announced date of 25th February 2022, instead it will launch worldwide on 23rd August 2022.

Our priority is to create the best Saints Row game yet and, if we released on the original date, it wouldn’t be up to the standards we’ve set ourselves, and that you’re expecting and deserve. The team just need more time to do our vision justice; we’re doing some fine tuning and there won’t be much change in the game outside of overall quality and polish.

In all honesty, we underestimated the impact COVID would have on our schedule, although everyone adapted very quickly to the working from home arrangement and continued to be incredibly productive.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."