Hi everyone

Sarex

2 hours ago, oceansnatch said:

Hello everyone. I'm new to games, I've only played PCs my whole life and now I've bought a PS4. What games do you recommend? i like to play racing games, The sims .. :)  Thanks  

Stick to PC gaming,  its the superior overall choice to consoles :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Since you like racing games and have a PS4 there's Gran Turismo 7.  If you want a hardcore sim there's Assetto Corsa Competizione. If you want something more arcadey there's Need For Speed Heat and also The Crew 2, which has a downright ludicrous amount of content. All the games I listed except GT7 are available on PC, so you may have already played them.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sorry guys, the original poster has left the building *cough*

(Sarex just so happened to be the second poster in the thread, so now it looks like he created it, sorry...)

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Hi Sarex! :p

My PS4 is gathering dust in my son's room. He prefers the PC and Switch. Honestly I can't see myself getting another console anytime soon, but who knows?

I hope I can play the next GoW on PC or the PS4.

edit: PS4 not PC4...

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I think literally the only game I played on PS4 before getting rid of my PS4 was Bloodborne. Now I'm praying they re-release it on PC someday so I can play it again, because I sure as hell ain't getting a PS4 again. While emulation will probably eventually be an option, the development of PS4 emulation has been...slow, to say the least. At least you can emulate Demon's Souls...and there is that stupid remake as well, I suppose, but I'd genuinely rather play the original.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

7 hours ago, Sarex said:

PS4 not PC4...

I honestly thought you were making a joke about not wanting to play it on a Play Station.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Despite Gorth's posting, I feel like I missed a turn and entered the Twilight Zone etc.  :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster to this thread.

I have a lot of PS4 games, but my time gaming in front of a TV screen has been severely limited.  That said, before I curtailed my play time, I enjoyed the PS4 (then again, I've played consoles for a long time and have almost never had a super-powered top-of-the-line PC to jade me over inferior display/input).  However, as I've ended up mostly playing Switch games if I play a console game, I'm not sure about upgrading to the PS5 or X-Box Series X.

It also depends on how much you want the exclusive games that end up on a system (as a huge Persona fan, I got my PS4 in anticipation of it being released.  Ironically, as it turns out, I've never had a chance to play it).

• Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I loved TO:LUCT.  I wish I was better at strategy games, as I liked the idea of Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen as well, and the game was good, I just sucked at it so never completed it.  Never played OB64:Person of Lordly Calibur and OB Gaiden: Prince of Zenobia never got a western release (and was a Neo Geo Pocket Color release).

TO: the Knight of Lodis for the Gameboy Advance was okay, but not quite what TO:LUCT was, partially because of some nerfs they did to some of the classic LUCT classes (IMO), but the story wasn't as involved either.

Sadly with Square's purchase of Quest, the series will most likely never be heard from again in favor of Final Fantasy Tactics games.  I loved the first FFT, but beyond that the games weren't that good, IMO.  I particularly hated the first sequel (FFT Advance) and the horse it rode in on.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

People yammering on about Persona 5 was one of the reasons I gave PS4 a chance in the first place (my first and only Sony console thus far). I gave it three attempts in 2-3 years but never got out of the first dungeon.

I think in the end my most-played title on it was Pro Evolution Soccer, which I could have played on any other platform. 😕

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I haven't had a playstation since the original. I did enjoy FF Tactics and Ogre Battle 64, and it's a damn shame that FFT games since then have been bad and no more Ogre Battles appear to be on the horizon.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Console peasants everywhere!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

35 minutes ago, Malcador said:

main-qimg-31d77730af116a31c922b49314e26f

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

The first video game I ever played was a free standing PONG console in the mid 1970s.  I was raised wrong. 😭

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

The first video game I ever played was a free standing PONG console in the mid 1970s.  I was raised wrong. 😭

Yar's Revenge, Atari 2600.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Asteroids on Atari 2600 for me. As an aside, the Atari 2600 joystick:

AT2600-Atari-2600-Joystick-Controller-At

Still a better controller than the abomination called Wiimote.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I forget mine, probably Super Mario Bros on the NES, did spend a fair amount of time in consoles, had a Genesis but last touched it in 1996. Other than that, mostly PC, playing 80s MPS flight sims,  at least had the manuals for that. Had Populous 2, not only would that cause my 386 to hard lock maybe 40% of the time, I had no manual so no clue what I was doing.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra