Ground Ivy (Glechoma hederacea) new plant/biome/resource

Glechoma hederacea is a type of ground cover that grows where I live. It's very invasive and grows along my house and garage clutching the walls and shadows. Grows in patches and sends out runners to spread into new areas. It looks like an inverted umbrella tiny forrest that catches all the sun before it can reach the ground. Starving grass and other plants out by forcing them into perpetual darkness. I always imagined it would feel like a dark forest to wonder around beneath their canopy, if I were microscopic. Adding this along the porch, fence, and hedges would be a natural fit. XD Here is some more information I picked out about it from wiki. 

Glechoma hederacea is an aromatic, perennial, evergreen creeper of the mint family Lamiaceae. It is commonly known as ground-ivy, gill-over-the-ground,[1] creeping charlie, alehoof, tunhoof, catsfoot, field balm, and run-away-robin.[1]
European settlers carried it around the world, and it has become a well-established introduced and naturalized plant in a wide variety of localities. It is also considered an aggressive invasive weed of woodlands and lawns in some parts of North America.

ground ivy emits a distinctive odor when damaged, being a member of the mint family.

Glechoma thrives in moist shaded areas, but also tolerates sun very well. It is a common plant in grasslands and wooded areas or wasteland. It also thrives in lawns and around buildings since it survives mowing. Part of the reason for its wide spread is its rhizomatous method of reproduction. It will form dense mats which can take over areas of lawn and woodland and thus is considered an invasive or aggressive weed in suitable climates where it is not native.[1]

It has also been used as a "lung herb." Its presence as an invasive weed in North America is the result of the value placed on it by European settlers as a medicinal herb and ale preservative; the species was imported and widely cultivated in herb and kitchen gardens.

Glechoma hederacea contains bioactive volatile oils including terpenoids and pulegone; these are responsible for the characteristic "minty" odor and taste of plants in the mint family.

Like most herbal remedies which cannot be patented as pharmaceuticals, the effects of Glechoma on humans have been little studied.

1. Connecticut Invasive Plant List, Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, January, 2004

• Like 2

In the south we get alot more kudzu. However I cant see them as is in the game. Not unless there is an expansion where you go to a thicket behind your house.  That would allow you to put in more variety and the critters that shun a manicured lawn

• Like 2

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!