Avowed Game- why the not on the Ps4 and Ps5 Console!

Vincent-L

Hello My Name is Vincent. And I love Games And would LOVE this Avowed GAME. But it is not FOR the PS4 and the PS5 like why NOT ? I Have the Belief that Games are supposed to Be for everyone ! So why is your game Company Obsidian Preventing or made the decision to not make it for the PS4 and PS5? your Company is a multi million dollar Company owned by Microsoft and they and are a multi billion dollar Company. so you should not a problem making this game on all Consoles. Even that Xbox Game Studios is your  Publisher you should have power to have it made for other Consoles Right. Anyway I do love to have it made for the Ps4 and Ps5 Wish. I Love to know it is like this? Thanks Sincerely Vincent !  

And why doesn't Sony release their 1st party titles for XBOX? The reason Sony invensts in Naughy Dog and Co. is to sell their consoles. They wouldn't make God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Spider-man and others, if they couldn't lock their games behind their console, because they are not really selling games - they are selling hardware.

Microsoft does the same thing:

1) It bought bunch of established studios to catch up

2) is more PC friendly by released them on PC on launch (and on game pass!)

Both companies are less in game development business, and more is sell a console/subscriptions business.

Microsoft wouldn't otherwise invest so heavily in those studios. Lets just hope that Microsoft exclusive efforts will be as good as Sony's. 

• Like 1

Microsoft isn't just publishing Avowed, they own Obsidian which means they own the Pillars of eternity/Eora IP. If you aren't an Xbox fan take solace that this will be on PC day one.

I feel for you though. Pillars of eternity 2 is my favorite game of all time. So if a big game set in that world doesn't come out in my preferred platform I would also be peeved. I'm lucky that I happen to also be an Xbox fan so it turns out perfect for me. If I were you I'd maybe try it out on PC or even cloud gaming with gamepass when it releases because there's no way its coming to playstation consoles. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 3:21 PM, Wormerine said:

And why doesn't Sony release their 1st party titles for XBOX? The reason Sony invensts in Naughy Dog and Co. is to sell their consoles. They wouldn't make God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Spider-man and others, if they couldn't lock their games behind their console, because they are not really selling games - they are selling hardware.

Microsoft does the same thing:

1) It bought bunch of established studios to catch up

2) is more PC friendly by released them on PC on launch (and on game pass!)

Both companies are less in game development business, and more is sell a console/subscriptions business.

Microsoft wouldn't otherwise invest so heavily in those studios. Lets just hope that Microsoft exclusive efforts will be as good as Sony's. 

Yes Wormerine So true That is super annoying !! all i would like to do is Play Games not be pushed in to Ps4 or Xbox just pick one and play. how has $400 to $600 to spend on two consoles just to be able to play games. 

On 10/11/2021 at 9:02 PM, alexisduprey said:

Microsoft isn't just publishing Avowed, they own Obsidian which means they own the Pillars of eternity/Eora IP. If you aren't an Xbox fan take solace that this will be on PC day one.

I feel for you though. Pillars of eternity 2 is my favorite game of all time. So if a big game set in that world doesn't come out in my preferred platform I would also be peeved. I'm lucky that I happen to also be an Xbox fan so it turns out perfect for me. If I were you I'd maybe try it out on PC or even cloud gaming with gamepass when it releases because there's no way its coming to playstation consoles. 

Hay Thanks Alexisduprey Thanks for that. Yes i like Xbox to but i do not have a PC that can play Big games and i do not have the New Xbox. it cost an lot of money yo how has $600 to spend on an the new Xbox or like a thousand plus on a PC. I do not but good for those how do. I would like to just Play Games and not be pushed in to Ps4 or Xbox just pick one and play. Well I can take Solace that there will be  elder scrolls 6. so can play in on PS4

2 hours ago, Vincent-L said:

Well I can take Solace that there will be  elder scrolls 6. so can play in on PS4

Ups First of all PS4 should be way out of date by then (and maybe one will be able to buy PS5!) That said, Microsoft purchased Bethesda as well. So no Elder Scrolls6 for Sony customers either. Just as Starfield will be XBOX/Windows exclusive

Edit. I understand your frustration. As a PC user, I am just happy that Sony started to port their titles. I just hope it will continue that way. I am more heartbroken about Bayonetta2&3 being outside my reach without buying a Nintendo console - something I have little interest in otherwise.

The upside is that games like Bayonetta2&3, Avowed, Uncharted and others would happen without exclusivity deals. Obsidian would be in no position to tackle something of the scale of Avowed if rumors about it are true. Microsoft provides financial security and other resources, but in return requires for the game to be made for their platform. 

Edited by Wormerine

49 minutes ago, Vincent-L said:

What !!! no what Fork ! when was this ? What is Microsoft doing playing Monopoly !!!

They also purchased inXile, Double Fine and Ninja Theory (I think those are all major independed studios I care for). Sony did some purchasing on their own lately, though nothing as major.

In short, Microsoft has been lagging behind exclusive front for some time. I think it tried to build some new studios and failed. So they decided to go out shopping, and bought bunch of great independed studios promising to not interfear into their culture and help them continue doing what they are doing. We will see how it will turn out. Psychonauts2 was IMO great, thought that's been in production long before the acquisition - however, according to Shafer the game benefitied a lot from Microsoft money when nearing the finish line - for example bosses would be cut from the final release otherwise.

To me it is worrying that a massive corporations acquired some of the most succesfull mid market AA studios (honestly, not as moved by Bethesda). That biggest gain, is that now, once again, we can dream of Obsidian lead Fallout game :-). Now Microsoft needs to buy Paradox, so we can dream about Tyranny2, as well. 

Yup unfortunately PS users get the shaft here.  Though if I were a PS user (I'm not, I love my Windows gaming laptops with controller support) I would simply move on with my day and look for other titles to fill my catalogue.  Fortunately Avowed and TOW2 look like amazing games on Windows platforms so I'm "inside the algorithm" so to speak.  I can live with or without another FO game, getting kinda tired with retro future post Apoc stuff tbh, it's just totally not my thing.

I am so happy they are coming to Xbox. With gamepass we will probably get to play them for free just like outer worlds.  Now if only the console didn't sound like a weed eater slapping a metal pipe when you see more than two enemies on screen!

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

• 3 weeks later...

In addition, they bought inXile, Double Fine, and Ninja Theory (I think those are all major independed studios I care for). Sony has made some purchases on its own recently, but nothing as significant.

In other words, Microsoft has been falling behind on the exclusive front for quite some time now. I believe it attempted but failed to establish additional studios. So they went shopping and bought a lot of wonderful independent studios that promised not to interfere with their culture and would assist them keep doing what they were doing. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Psychonauts 2 was excellent in my opinion, even though it had been in development for a long time prior to Microsoft's takeover; nonetheless, Shafer claims that the game benefited greatly from Microsoft's funding.

• 3 weeks later...
In addition, they bought inXile, Double Fine, and Ninja Theory (I think those are all major independed studios I care for). Sony has made several purchases on its own recently, but nothing as significant. In other words, Microsoft has been falling behind on the exclusive front for quite some time now. I believe it attempted but failed to establish additional studios. So they went shopping and acquired a lot of wonderful independent studios that promised not to interfere with their culture and would assist them keep doing what they were doing. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Psychonauts 2 was IMO fantastic, even though it had been in development for a long time before to Microsoft's takeover - yet, according to Shafer, the game benefited greatly from Microsoft funds as it neared completion - for example, bosses would have been deleted from the final release otherwise. It concerns me that some of the most powerful businesses have acquired some of the most vulnerable people.
Edited by stanleynimark