0.11 Bugs / Glitches

Greetings! Loving new update so far. Seen only some minor issues at the moment. All reported issues have started from a fresh install and new save as of yesterday.

- Red ant spawning is extremely high and causes FPS lag on lower end computers when going near the western anthill. No issue on higher end machines (mine being Ryzen 3800XT / GTX 1060 6GB / 32GB DDR4 / NVME on Epic settings)

- Red and black ants convene near the southeast side of the sandbox and are just walking up against it. I think they're trying to access the entrance only available in the sandbox area.

- Weevils seem extremely rare now. Like I only saw one weevil right at the start and then a couple when going on top of the wall by the hedge. This problem is fixed when repositioning bugs via the debug options, but then returns a few minutes later. Aphids seem unaffected.

- Craft sound not always playing when crafting an item in backpack, but plays all sounds together after exiting the backpack.

- Spinning wheels sometimes keep spinning after all crafting is done. Seems to happen randomly but usually fixes itself after a while.

- Small objects like web fibers tend to ping the player character away a couple paces when being walked over. Perhaps for those bags and sacks from web sacs, remove movement collision so they can be walked through by the player, but still picked up.

- Soldier ants seem to be spawning in the walls of the western anthill. Some worker ants too.

- Spiders get stuck in the small leafy plants by the pond and remain motionless afterwards.

- Grass grew back around areas where I had removed the small shoots. Not sure if this is intended behaviour now. It happened after I ventured from the grasslands area to the hedge and stayed out there a while. Was a bit miffed to find grass growing through my house and stopping me getting to my stuff haha. Perhaps this is related to the next issue:

- When going through the hedge lab, it says I am in an 'Unknown' area after I exit the lab to return home in the grasslands. This also causes all background sounds to stop playing (assuming they are biome based) but seems to resolve itself after sleeping in the grasslands area a couple of times. I think I found this issue back in the 0.2 public test branch as well so it's probably a very old issue that never got seen.

- Sometimes biome sounds flicker on and off when on the border of certain biomes. I noticed it happens when you're near the wall next to the wetlands area, just north of where the orb weavers and bombardier beetles spawn.

- Bugs heal themselves after running from combat. I notice this mainly when worker ants run away at low health and then heal up to full after a few seconds, but it makes dealing with hordes of ants a bit tedious.

- Bratburst bombs bounce off of entities a bit too much. I threw one into a cluster of worker ants by the sandbox that were gathered there, and they started bouncing it around like a volleyball and finally pinging the bomb off into the sky before it could explode.

- When jumping, if a player bumps their head against an object above them, it will ping the player off in a reflected angle depending on the angle of impact. This often results in me falling out of certain areas because I get propelled in a completely different direction to what I jumped in (thank the heavens for dandelions) Could we have it so that if a player bumps their head it just pushes them back down instead and stops motion?

- The light from the firefly helmet doesn't really extend too far forwards and often the fog of the night impedes your vision anyway. It seems at night biome fog is a little too high and the light is not directional enough to see too far ahead of you.

Edited by mdf25

• 2 weeks later...