I think there has only been the twelve so far. 

The Ultimate thread continues as long as people chime in on the Ultimate thread :) 

If the Ultimate thread hasn't had activity, then there hasn't been much activity. I would imagine it's a function of: anyone who wants to try knows what the main classes are and the metagame for that hasn't changed, and the people who did different classes (like the psion/troubadour most recent) don't appear to be forum regulars sharing their tips or video playthrough.

Edited by thelee

Thanks for the reply  @thelee, was just wondering why it wasn't continued (the thread). I'm more of a lurker also so i can kind of understand why it died down after the 12 spots have been taken. I've been trying my hand at the ultimate for a while now but never really had the time before to really sink my teeth into it, untill the past couple of months.

@abot i watched your commented playthrough of an ultimate test run, verry good tips/guides. I'm also subbed to your channel on YT.  I was doing the same approach of doing all challenges on besides wael and aothas to get a feel of it. I'm almost done in figuring out the good route, currently practicing SSS, mostly having trouble with vela. Kind of want to try it without the reload cheese so she's stuck behind the arena.

Edited by Va'exna

Heh, it's not that i'm completely against "cheese". There is a line, especially with the ultimate you have to use some form of it. Like SoF/Gambeson. Just anything that wouldn't be approved in an actual ultimate run i would like to avoid. But i'll have a look i heard you mentionend the SC Assasin run as well during your commented run.

11 hours ago, Va'exna said:

Just anything that wouldn't be approved in an actual ultimate run i would like to avoid.

Basically everything is allowed as long as it doesn't come from external sources. Probably the most OP build for the ultimate is a Bloodmage who steals the most powerful/useful priest/druid/wizard spells using the Grimoire Imprint trick... The assassin is probably the most powerful class you can build using SoF trick, but he will have more difficulties to keep Vela alive.

• Like 1

Something not "external" - I think someone got their ultimate run DQ-ed because they alt-f4-ed out of a (buggy?) world map encounter that killed them and tried again. the logic being that they could've known that was a risk.

Alt-F4 is an external method used to stop the game and a well known trick used to avoid death during the Trial of Iron - thus it's obviously banned.

Regarding bugs, the devs allowed basically any exploit to be used as being part of the game. By the same reasoning game breaking bugs are also part of the game and should also be avoided within the game.

As an example for "allowed" exploits I want to mention Lethandria's Devotion again which can be cheesed with AI settings: it allies its healing as soon as you switch to it, every time you switch to it. Have weapon set 1 with weapon A and LDevotion and weapon set 2 with weapon B and a copy of LDevotion for example. Then, if you set up a script with whatever trigger (e.g. your or Vela's health below 75%) that simply switches between weapon sets all the time (gets executed per game loop - so several times per second) you can heal up yourself and Vela within a few secs without having to wait for recovery to finish or anything, you can always switch back and forth (switching weapon sets is independent from recovery/reloading etc - including the recovery penalty of switching itself). You will get a tick of healing every time you switch (so, like 10 times a second at least).

This is fair game for an Ultimate run. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods