Container management with label or display

The possibility to name a chest. When aiming the chest, the name appears on screen (beside the crosshair or above the chest for example).

OR

The possibility to display an item on the chest's front like item frame in minecraft. To change the item it could be with a slot allowing only 1 item in it on the chest inventory menu (to avoid missclick while opening the chest wich is frustrating in Minecraft x) )

This could work with chest, basket, and any other container to come

• Like 3

You know to be fair they would have to put in a filter to prevent textual abuse as you know how crude some people get.

Also for the item frames wouldn't be necessary if they just gave us better icons. Like ants, stinkbug, ladybug, and the such. I mean not every item needs a icon as many are not needed for structure or otherwise need to be in inventory. So a lady bug deco chest would be enough for storage. However just a singular rock would not be as you got what quartzite, pebble, sap, and clay being in game rocks (sap harvested by hammer bonus) as honestly those items are some of the most heavily used item and color differences often don't stay in the players head as separation methods

• Like 2

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

Not sure if it's really a problem if some players do abuses with the textual idea. It's their gameplay afterall.

And for the item frame, I don't get your point. I'm just suggesting to let players put a display on the chest to open the right one in one glance.
For example, in minecraft I put an item frame with cobblestone block displayed on a chest, then I know that it's in this chest I've put every ressources relative to stone.
Since I do the same thing in Grounded (putting pebble, quartzite, clay, etc in one chest ; all insects loots in another one ; etc ) it results in a bunch of chests in my base and I would love to know whats inside each of them without opening 3 or 4 just to store the 2 ant asses I looted seconds ago.

• Like 1

I was saying the let you mark chest with different icons currently.  My problem is you have a spider, ant, gnat and mite for all of the bug materials.   For your problem if you mark the chest as a stone or gem you would know it's a stone item but not necessarily the type so similar situation except you looking for a bit of clay in one of your boxes and the rest have pebbles and quartzite.

And unfortunately developers tend to protect image.  As they don't want super Karen mother of four to walk in and see a kid named there character something cringe and blame the developers for influencing the children. It's stupid I know but it's the world we live in now.

• Like 2

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

• 2 weeks later...