My Personal ideas for Grounded

Please, please be civil over this. All I ask is you come on here without the intent to bully, or harass me over ideas. I welcome seeing other ideas for the game, but these are just my own personal suggestions I'd like to see after playing the game on Steam for a bit.

1: I'd like to see Praying Mantis as an enemy. They are a beautiful and deadly insect and will wait holding deadly still until they see you move before striking and I think would be a great addition to the arsenal of bugs that will try and eat you.

2: Fur from creatures like squirrels as a craftable ingredient would be nice and could be used to make warmer clothing, especially if you guys add in snow and the like later on.

3: Maybe something like a butterfly wing glider, along with Butterflies..or maybe a butterfly mount?

4: Would be cool to find a discarded shoe in game to turn into a base...no? Maybe just me? 😛

5: I saw someone else put this, but I too would like to be able to customize the hero better, more hair style and color options at least.

6: Ridable Grasshopper?

• Like 3

If they do a mantis I hope they do different morphs.  Find a flower palet one around the crocus and roses. Big greens stalking the flood zone by the Cassette. Brownish sticks hanging still in the hedge.

• Like 1

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

Yes. You could put in different species too but I still haven't figured out the region the game is based on so I don't know if they could do the orchid mimics of mantids or crab spiders

• Like 1

I'll just assume it's the same thing, but when I searched online apparently I am not the only one who wants to fight a Praying Mantis. Maybe add it in like with that Broodmother? A huge Mantis would make a really nice boss fight maybe.

Edited by Reina
  • Like 1

Maybe put in ootheca that can busted to release nymphs which would leave the low grade mantid item like thread fiber for hatchlings. The male are fairly big nothing to threatening. Make a zone in the have with fungus were some mantids are set into place by fungus getting close to them has a chance to awaken one similar to a boiler alien from colonial Marines.  In the arena zone would have a male guarding it once you reduce it to low health it makes a call and it looks like a grassblade falls on him then lifts it into the air eating the small male now you get to fight a mantid queen.  This may or not be a fungal varient made for the haze that releases gas to hide it's retreat

Butterflies and caterpillars need to be a thing for sure, it would make a ton of sense to see them around the backyard in various places.

Perhaps you'll see butterflies hanging around the flowerbeds during the day, and at night you could have moths that come out around the lights. Would be cool to see them getting annoyed by the gnats.

Perhaps high in  the hedge you'd find the caterpillars munching on some of those leaves, and maybe even some cocoons you could bust open with a T2 hammer for Crysalis Shell, a component in a T2/T3 medium armor set.

• Like 2

That makes sense, moths could be fun, if we can get into the house at some point too mice could cause an issue too, perhaps having to go inside the walls to get around, or getting into a dollhouse, though given our size the dollhouse would still be pretty big to us. XD