What You've Done Today - But you… have elected… the way of… pain!

Amentep

31 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I was up half the night talking to G via FaceTime. It was fun. She will be here tomorrow morning. Very happy about that. 

I have more than a suspicion that she has a jealous/insecure streak. That is the reason she calls late at night. She has nothing to worry about.

But GD its nice when your is partner is a little concerned about you and I guarantee you its for a positive reason because I would say its normal in any relationship when  its a long distance relationship ....she likes  you and wants things to work out 💞

Do you blame her, its you after all !!!

Do you remember when you and I were talking about a relationship but then you told me you were a man and you forever destroyed my image of you as this  " beautiful, voluptuous Southern belle " ....like  Scarlett O'Hara, she was so hot. I had a major crush on her :thumbsup:

And I love that Southern accent, especially when its spoken by ladies 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

But GD its nice when your is partner is a little concerned about you and I guarantee you its for a positive reason because I would say its normal in any relationship when  its a long distance relationship ....she likes  you and wants things to work out 💞

Do you blame her, its you after all !!!

Do you remember when you and I were talking about a relationship but then you told me you were a man and you forever destroyed my image of you as this  " beautiful, voluptuous Southern belle " ....like  Scarlett O'Hara, she was so hot. I had a major crush on her :thumbsup:

And I love that Southern accent, especially when its spoken by ladies 

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not terribly put off by that. And given her history it’s understandable. That’s why long-distance relationships suck. I have always been a completely open book to both of my ex’s and everyone else I’ve been in relationships with.  She has asked me numerous times about ex’s. That seems to be in her head and all I can do is tell her everything and tell it truthfully. Good and bad. 

She does not physically resemble either of my ex’s in any way. My first wife’s parents were both from Cuba. She was dark haired, dark eyed, fiery personality, an absolute stunner to look at. Way out of my league I thought.  But I wasn’t letting THAT stop me from trying!  I still miss her sometimes. She was the love of my life. But she was cold in the end.

Stephanie is short, just a little on the plump side but in a way that’s endearing. Short red hair, freckles, very cute and very smart. I’m 6’4” just a shade under 2 meters tall so there was big height difference between us. We used to laugh about that. 

G is tall, just a little shorter than me. Blonde hair and sky blue eyes.  She is lean and athletic and loves outdoor activities like hiking and horseback riding.. I think she is very pretty but I suspect she would disagree for reasons I can’t guess. These are the only three women I’ve loved in this life and they are all so different in every conceivable way it’s safe to say I don’t have a “type”.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We didn't buy that one house 5 minutes from the river. "Yard too small" was one factor but also "not sure want to buy the very first maybe house we see" another.

So now a different one. Not as close to the river parks but still no hassle to get to it (very fast if you biked there, longer walk, or short-nothing drive), great location, better yard for hubby (even has a small swimming pool, which hubby misses having one of those). Hasn't been interior upgraded so a little dated in some ways but we don't care about that.  On the other hand, one of those places where the online pics don't make you instantly in-love - "could be a winner ... or in person we could think it utterly stinks."  So we're going up on Sun to look at it. No overnight, just 2 hrs there and back same day.  Yawn.

• Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

6 hours ago, majestic said:

Apple decided to lock my ID for no particular reason, so I had to jump through some hoops to reactivate it. *sigh*

Please tell me you are using a Microsoft OS for your work PC\Laptop ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I saw Halloween Kills, it'll be interesting to see how the third movie concludes the story because I could either see it being an interesting take on the overall franchise or an ignominious end to the series. Although, if nothing else, at least Halloween (2018) was well done and is something I'd recommend to fans of the original.

• Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I suppose this is a good sign. I'm picking G up at the airport in 8 hours and I've got butterflies. I never get butterflies about anything. Haven't in years. Decades. 

• Like 5
  • Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

16 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I suppose this is a good sign. I'm picking G up at the airport in 8 hours and I've got butterflies. I never get butterflies about anything. Haven't in years. Decades. 

Make sure you dont forget to update us where reasonably possible 8)

John Milton 

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Please tell me you are using a Microsoft OS for your work PC\Laptop ?

Would I use a Microsoft OS at work where I deal with a Microsoft ERP system... let's see... why yes, I do, actually. The Apple ID is purely for my phone. Our work mobiles are all iPhones.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

32 minutes ago, majestic said:

Would I use a Microsoft OS at work where I deal with a Microsoft ERP system... let's see... why yes, I do, actually. The Apple ID is purely for my phone. Our work mobiles are all iPhones.

Why you shouting? I was just asking o:)

John Milton 

I like constant interruption, gives me an excuse for my baseline slacking.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 10/14/2021 at 4:25 PM, Raithe said:

Had one of those days where I couldn't really seem to focus on any one task for longer than 10 minutes. It was very.. bitty.  A bit of doing this, then a bit of doing that, some doing another, then back to the first bit, all on a loop.

Welcome to my world.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

12 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Good luck! Hopefully everything goes well. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

@Raithe  I had a white cat once that would've loved to sit on your lap while you were wearing that.  :shifty:  That's very cool tho, looks fantastic.

=========

Saw two houses on Sunday. Both had a pool. The 2nd one was a larger lot, more of a blank slate, house was fine. Reminded us just a little of the house we rented in S. San Jose that we liked a lot.  May need some $$ of fixing up a few concerns but nothing major.  They'll probably get multiple offers but we'll put in the asking price, cash, offer. Never know.  If we don't get it we won't cry.  There's always another one.

Anyway...it's weird how I can make fun of our current/main house, calling it a postage stamp and all, but after 12-13 years (I think?) it still feels like home. Point being, it makes it a lot easier to look at homes because (since we're not looking at 3 million dollar homes) I'm never "I want this house so bad."  It's more like "this could work, I'm fine with it." Although even before buying anything ever, I think hubby gets more worked up/invested then I ever do - he's a lot pickier and has more "wants", whereas I start wanting to simply toss darts at houses to decide so it can just be over.  *shrug*

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

I find one of the most important questions usually is how much fixing up you are willing to do to make it your home.

The agent we're using likes us because we're the types who actually don't want the "upgraded/flipped" houses. Ppl ripping out perfectly good, solid cabinetry etc. and replacing them with cheap pressboard things from Home Depot because they're more modern-popular visual design. Stuff like that. We actually like a lot of stuff from the 60's/70's, maybe even prefer it. I don't even like granite counter-tops - not that I mind if they're there, but that kind of stuff doesn't enter into any equation re: whether I'd buy/live somewhere.

But yeah, hubby being a sort of "handyman" helps a lot. He doesn't want to deal with extreme work like bad foundation/structural stuff but electrical, little plumbing, blank slate backyards, even bashing out (or adding) a wall.  I only put a foot down if he starts to over-estimate what he'll actually do/change, because then it's not about whether he can (he could), more that 10 years later it never happens.  >.>

When you're talking about 100's of thousands of dollars and people want to quibble over $5k more. Petty.

Then again, if we go "nope," are we being petty? Pfft.

14 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

All you guys, and gal, in CA need to sell off your properties and move East before you run out of water. :lol:

Thats a very good idea and thoughtful, Gromnir can move into your daughters room since  thats available? Since you have decided you arent going to let illegal immigrants move in it makes sense and I know he has money so its not  like he cant pay rent and help with expenses ?

:teehee:

John Milton 

Between fires, droughts and the San Andreas Fault, the east coast doesn't really look *that* bad

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

48 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Thats a very good idea and thoughtful, Gromnir can move into your daughters room since  thats available? Since you have decided you arent going to let illegal immigrants move in it makes sense and I know he has money so its not  like he cant pay rent and help with expenses ?

:teehee:

Hard pass. :lol:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Between fires, droughts and the San Andreas Fault, the east coast doesn't really look *that* bad

Man, the east coast has hurricanes and polar vortexes. I'll take my perfect weather and expensive water, thank you very much. 

We actually have a storm on the horizon this weekend. So we just need about 50 more of those and we will be good.

• Haha 2