The All Things Political Topic - As a Bright Lord bears Beacons of flame.

Amentep

4 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

So any hopes of a GOP return to sanity appear to be vanishing.

The level of outedtouchedness I see is insane sometimes.  Trump IS the GOP, just like Nixon and Reagan WERE the GOP in their respective timeframes.  The grassroots majority of the GOP base is all in for Trump, as long as he stays active he will be their messiah.  I don't like it either but he seems to be some kind of symptom of a failed system that is broken.

8 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

The level of outedtouchedness I see is insane sometimes.  Trump IS the GOP, just like Nixon and Reagan WERE the GOP in their respective timeframes.  The grassroots majority of the GOP base is all in for Trump, as long as he stays active he will be their messiah.  I don't like it either but he seems to be some kind of symptom of a failed system that is broken.

What do you think we should do to fix the failed systems of Constitutional Democracies  because I can only imagine how much anxiety this must be causing you and I am one those people who believes in solutions 

I know, why doesnt the USA  become  a one party state like China with no rights of citizens to vote, no freedom of speech and no free media. Comrade I think you and I should espouse this type of political ideology...it could be the solution to our problems :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well I have seen a few editorials making a point of talking how 51% of Americans are expecting US politicians to be attempting to overturn votes on claims of fraud in the next decade, and how there's a large increase in gerrymandering and potential voter restrictions in the near future related to that.

The joys of democracy and increasing zealotry in a two-party system...

😏

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

REVEALED: FACEBOOK’S SECRET BLACKLIST OF “DANGEROUS INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS”

Very disappointed I didn't make the list. Have to up my game a bit! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On 10/12/2021 at 1:43 AM, BruceVC said:

What do you think we should do to fix the failed systems of Constitutional Democracies  because I can only imagine how much anxiety this must be causing you and I am one those people who believes in solutions 

I know, why doesnt the USA  become  a one party state like China with no rights of citizens to vote, no freedom of speech and no free media. Comrade I think you and I should espouse this type of political ideology...it could be the solution to our problems :thumbsup:

I don't know Bruce I don't have the answers but what we're doing now sure isn't working, and I find it disturbing that the Anglosphere as a whole still cucks to the U.S. government when they've clearly been in the wrong since the turn of the century.  It's like they have no spine and just let themselves be herded into failure.

In other news, the Episcopal Church is near extinct

Why is the Episcopal church near collapse - Beliefnet

What's funny here is that they were SO SURE that they were the future of the Christian world and would gain memberships in droves because of their liberal views.  Whelp, the complete opposite is true.  The Christian world and modernity are proving to be quite incompatible it seems.  The vast majority of Evangelical Christians are dogged conservatives and Trump supporters.

Also, China has loosened up on the Xinjiang province.

Why it now suits America to cool the talk of Beijing’s Uighur ‘genocide’ in Xinjiang — RT Op-ed

Whilst accusations of 'genocide' were completely inaccurate and far fetched and dangerous propaganda people stupidly swallowed up without a second thought, it did brooch on what you could call "Human Rights infringement", let's hope China improves it counter terrorism methods in the future.

Edited by ComradeYellow
  • Hmmm 1

32 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

I don't know Bruce I don't have the answers but what we're doing now sure isn't working, and I find it disturbing that the Anglosphere as a whole still cucks to the U.S. government when they've clearly been in the wrong since the turn of the century.  It's like they have no spine and just let themselves be herded into failure.

In other news, the Episcopal Church is near extinct

Why is the Episcopal church near collapse - Beliefnet

What's funny here is that they were SO SURE that they were the future of the Christian world and would gain memberships in droves because of their liberal views.  Whelp, the complete opposite is true.  The Christian world and modernity are proving to be quite incompatible it seems.  The vast majority of Evangelical Christians are dogged conservatives and Trump supporters.

Also, China has loosened up on the Xinjiang province.

Why it now suits America to cool the talk of Beijing’s Uighur ‘genocide’ in Xinjiang — RT Op-ed

Whilst accusations of 'genocide' were completely inaccurate and far fetched and dangerous propaganda people stupidly swallowed up without a second thought, it did brooch on what you could call "Human Rights infringement", let's hope China improves it counter terrorism methods in the future.

It was not genocide that the CCP is doing in Xinjiang and towards the Uyghurs ....that  is an inaccurate criticism towards the CCP. Genocide has a specific definition and what the CCP is doing is not about the annihilation of the entire  Uyghur ethnic group ...they are involved in a bizarre and controversial attempt to "reeducate " the entire Uyghur group. Their entire approach, like "banning " Ramadan in Xinjiang, lacks any long term logic and is insensitive and cruel 

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/china-uigher-minority-ramadan/

Also why do you assume things need to change? Who said that....Im very happy with things as they are but I support initiatives to make our societies better like ending extreme poverty and ensure everyone has access to quality education 

But what would you suggest should change because I may be unaware of what you mean?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I’m sure there is more to this story, but it’s only just breaking and details are scarce. Apparently a feral Dane was caught in Norway after killing a handful of people with bow and arrows 🤔

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58910794

No firm details yet about the motivation 

Edit: To the best of my knowledge there is no official hunting season in Denmark for Norwegians

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

36 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I’m sure there is more to this story, but it’s only just breaking and details are scarce. Apparently a feral Dane was caught in Norway after killing a handful of people with bow and arrows 🤔

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58910794

No firm details yet about the motivation 

Edit: To the best of my knowledge there is no official hunting season in Denmark for Norwegians

Gorthfuscious why do you Nordic people hate each other so much you want to go on  "mass bow and arrow shooting  sprees " ?

I was under the impression the era of Nordic Viking wars was over ;)

John Milton 

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Yikes, what a way to die! I wonder what hurts more, arrow or bullet? 🤔 Probably bullets as they cause more catastrophic damage. My worst way to die would be in a fire.

Interesting question, I think being killed by arrows must be worse because bullets can cause instant death easier but imagine  being hit by an arrow that doesnt kill you straight away ....you would suffer terribly until you die or it gets removed. And of bullets can cause similar distress but I think a massive arrow  sticking out your gut cant be pleasant 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I know it sounds silly, but every time you post pictures from your morning constitutionals, I cant help but envision a machete attack. Im out walking...a few dudes appear out of the bush armed with machetes...and for approximately 120 seconds I become the fastest land animal on Earth. Then Im gassed and they casually stroll up had hack me to pieces. ~fin~

• Haha 1

Arrows are very efficient at killing things quickly, atleast if you use hunting arrows. The pictures I've seen from the attack he was using normal glasfibre target arrows which would be deadly definetly, but not at all as fast as hunting arrows.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

12 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Gorthfuscious why do you Nordic people hate each other so much you want to go on  "mass bow and arrow shooting  sprees " ?

I was under the impression the era of Nordic Viking wars was over ;)

Apparently this guy was a convert, embracing Islam and gotten "radicalized" in the process. If you ask me, without ever having met the guy, more likely a basement dwelling Incel living with his parents, with some serious anger issues he never got to work out committing domestic violence. But that is just an assumption on my part.

Could also be because he was a half breed (half Danish half Norwegian) and his genealogy was all ****ed up, making him mentally unstable.

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

24 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Constituency surgery is something I've never heard of before. I get what it is but that name is terribly British and not in a good way.

Its actually a good way of connecting with your voters and potential voters, its like a US townhall but normally less full of belligerent and argumentative people

Its an important part of how UK Democracy works, people appreciate the personal interaction

This was a craven and appalling attack on the fabric of UK Democracy, it wont harm it of course and Democracy will continue and these meetings will just be policed better 

Im sorry for his family, he had 5 kids 

John Milton 

And here I thought someone got stabbed while undergoing a medical procedure.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

We had the Conservative Party Conference a short while back, and there was some American political professor visiting and he got interviewed on his views as a visiting "dignitary" as part of it.

He was absolutely amazed by how it all worked. The fact that common citizens could engage elected officials in that manner, that key members of the government were getting lectured by the public and responding was something he said you would almost never see in the US. He made some comment that at the US political rallies you generally expected the senators and congressmen to maybe speak for 10-15 minutes before sitting back down but that you'd never see them speaking and discussing a matter for over 45-50 minutes in an open, public forum. He was all "I hope to god you never lose this element of your democracy."

It's all kind of quirky.

Edit:

Also, on more US specifics (at least gambling wise):

Donald Trump favourite to win 2024 presidential election (msn.com)

Trump has become the favourite to win the election in 2024, as Joe Biden falls behind the former US president and faces challenges with his domestic agenda.

Mr Trump, according to betting odds, had been ahead in the race for the Republican nomination in 2024 but had not been on odds for a win in the election.

However, recent odds byBetfair Exchange found Mr Trump is now 4.8 to win in 2024. Mr Biden, meanwhile, was at 5.1 after falling behind his own vice president, Kamala Harris, in the presidential tie-up.

Although neither Mr Trump nor Mr Biden have formally announced a run in 2024, it is unusual for a sitting president not to take a second run at the White House. There has also been speculation that Ms Harris will run instead of her boss.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

7 hours ago, Raithe said:

We had the Conservative Party Conference a short while back, and there was some American political professor visiting and he got interviewed on his views as a visiting "dignitary" as part of it.

He was absolutely amazed by how it all worked. The fact that common citizens could engage elected officials in that manner, that key members of the government were getting lectured by the public and responding was something he said you would almost never see in the US. He made some comment that at the US political rallies you generally expected the senators and congressmen to maybe speak for 10-15 minutes before sitting back down but that you'd never see them speaking and discussing a matter for over 45-50 minutes in an open, public forum. He was all "I hope to god you never lose this element of your democracy."

It's all kind of quirky.

Edit:

Also, on more US specifics (at least gambling wise):

Donald Trump favourite to win 2024 presidential election (msn.com)

But is Biden running for 2024? Has anyone compared Trump's chances with Harris or another candidate?

sign.jpg