Isn't there supposed to be an achievement unlocked (Triple crown?) for completing the game on ironman+expert+potd?

There were steam achievements for PoE. In Deadfire "Berath's Blessings" points are the new in-game achievement system. Don't know if there's still achievements on Steam (never actually bothered to look at those). I guess not?

If you used the console with IRoll20s then you won't get BB points etc. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have unlocked all of Berath's blessings. But I've never used them. Meh, at least the challenge was fun. I can say for certain that if I hadn't run with 3 chanters for 6 chanter auras and mass ogres I don't think I would have made it. How you guys manage to solo the game triple crown I will never know 😛 

Btw do you know how early you can obtain the black plate armor and helmet from that mist island with fampyrs? Maybe with stealth or something? I want that armor as early as possible, but the monsters on that island are insaaaanely strong. 

On 9/17/2021 at 8:16 AM, Ouroboros226 said:

I have unlocked all of Berath's blessings. But I've never used them. Meh, at least the challenge was fun. I can say for certain that if I hadn't run with 3 chanters for 6 chanter auras and mass ogres I don't think I would have made it. How you guys manage to solo the game triple crown I will never know 😛 

Mostly lots of cheese is involved. :) 

On 9/17/2021 at 8:16 AM, Ouroboros226 said:

Btw do you know how early you can obtain the black plate armor and helmet from that mist island with fampyrs? Maybe with stealth or something? I want that armor as early as possible, but the monsters on that island are insaaaanely strong. 

I never tried because I (almost) never use the Blackened Plate - but I guess you can sneak in solo (park the rest of the party on the ship) with the help of Smoke Veil/Potion of Invis./Bounding Boots and only kill the quartermaster + ads with Lover's Embrace/Gouging Strike/Brand Enemy. As an Assassin this should be possible pretty early if I don't forget some major obstacle. But in a Triple Crown run I still wouldn't try that I guess. One misstep and you're done.
Easier to export the plate with a character and import that char with items in a new game. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There are steam achievements, but I don't know if triple crown is one of them.  I have 44 of 55, myself, and of the 11 I don't have, 5 are hidden.  So, it could be one of those, and I just can't confirm.  Or it could be like the god challenges, adding more difficulty or a tweak for more challenge without an achievement.

• Like 1

there's no steam achievement related. they had them for poe1, but there was a bit of an outrage for achievement hunters for tying steam achievements to such an insane challenge. (disclaimer: i was one of the outraged voices. but i'm a sucker for punishment so i did them anyway.)

your satisfaction is that in the magran's fire menu, those options are now checked as completed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thelee said:

there's no steam achievement related. they had them for poe1, but there was a bit of an outrage for achievement hunters for tying steam achievements to such an insane challenge. (disclaimer: i was one of the outraged voices. but i'm a sucker for punishment so i did them anyway.)

your satisfaction is that in the magran's fire menu, those options are now checked as completed.

I can empathize with the sentiment that this achievement would be a nightmare for people. I do not disagree either, that maybe it shouldn't be one - despite me personally wishing there was.

As for ... Magran's fire menu unlocks, what does that mean? O.o

3 hours ago, Carys said:

Magran's Fires are the God Challenges.   That's the official name for them.

I just found these... AFTER I did triple crown -.-   

Man what a bummer. They were so well hidden. I had no idea these were even a thing. Too bad about the timed main quest thing. Every single one of the challenges look fun, but the timed main quest is so lame and is solely the reason I will never complete these because timed challenges are the most anti-fun ones. Anyway rant over.   

Will doing these individually register them permanently? Or are they strictly for personal challenge?

On 9/18/2021 at 9:01 AM, Ouroboros226 said:

Will doing these individually register them permanently? Or are they strictly for personal challenge?

The constellations will light up permanently.

It's funny that you're complaining about the timed/Eothas one, because I think the Magran's challenge (no pausing) is by far the worst. On turn-based mode I can kinda get behind it, but is absolutely bonkers for anything other than story mode.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thelee said:

The constellations will light up permanently.

It's funny that you're complaining about the timed/Eothas one, because I think the Magran's challenge (no pausing) is by far the worst. On turn-based mode I can kinda get behind it, but is absolutely bonkers for anything other than story mode.

I haven't tried the Magran challenge, but it looks to me like something that could be manageable with an insane focus on pre-emptive AI behavior planning. Maybe even requiring you to modify the AI behaviors for each different encounter to survive them. The Magran challenge struck me more like a monumentally time consuming and annoying one, but with knowledge of every encounter in the game, perfectly doable. Whether my assessment is correct here, I don't know. I haven't actually tried this one.

15 hours ago, Ouroboros226 said:

I haven't tried the Magran challenge, but it looks to me like something that could be manageable with an insane focus on pre-emptive AI behavior planning. Maybe even requiring you to modify the AI behaviors for each different encounter to survive them. The Magran challenge struck me more like a monumentally time consuming and annoying one, but with knowledge of every encounter in the game, perfectly doable. Whether my assessment is correct here, I don't know. I haven't actually tried this one.

i tried it on potd, in a "fair" way, and it seemed basically impossible, at least as a normie with casual-levels of APM. enemies front load their attacks, which makes it extremely important to be responsive in the early moments of fights, and things could snowball out of control if you couldn't respond; at least with vanilla AI scripting, it became increasingly harder to pull this off. magran's challenge is basically a cheese or pacifist challenge IMO.

(this is diffeerent from turn-based mode, which remains a mode of play that i 've been meaning to play; turn-based with 6 second time pressures sounds interesting).

edit: what does not help is that deadfire, even on my relatively new and shiny gaming pc build (3700x + 6900 xt), stutters in certain situations (e.g. anytime a mirror image effect happens). the game is still going on even as the frames drop. in rtwp i can just hit spacebar and wait for the frames to settle. in magran's challenge a stutter is basically a recipe for disaster (especially if i was mid-click).

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

As someone who plays a lot of turn based, I've steered clear of Magran's challenge because it negated turn based largest advantage which is being able to take time and plan out things, especially spell placement.  I do think it's more doable in turn based, but it's just not appealing to me.

• Thanks 1