raNdOM vidEo game newSS

Amentep

Looks like what I expected it to look like, slightly better I guess.  Some people were expecting them in the GTA V engine for some reason, though. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Looks like what I expected it to look like, slightly better I guess.  Some people were expecting them in the GTA V engine for some reason, though. 

I think the shooting mechanics have changed and are much closer to GTA V now. If that's true then I'll be more than happy to try them out. Controls in the original games weren't the best.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

5 hours ago, Katphood said:

Let's be honest here, this looks way better than we expected. 

Dunno. I feel like it's destroying the art style a bit. Some shots look good, others not so much.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

My best times with Darkest Dungeon 1 were when it was in Early Access so I think I'll repeat the trick here. Guess I'm installing the EGS client for the first time ever.

I do have somewhat of a love-hate relationship with the game in that it has a *lot* of mechanics I dislike and disagree with the implementation of, but very much appreciate that modding said mechanics was fairly trivial, with most of it stored in plain text files.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

DD2 looks nice, not sure about that wagon play, we will see... when it comes to GoG

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The wagon gameplay looks really weird. Like a mobile game?

What I didn't like about the first game was the extreme Random. To me it often felt demotivating, because you could have a really good run and then suddenly everything goes down the crapper and you had no control over it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Bringing back warm and fuzzy memories of Jane's Longbow 2 and Enemy Engaged.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

3 hours ago, Agiel said:

Bringing back warm and fuzzy memories of Jane's Longbow 2 and Enemy Engaged.

nicolaus cage ruined the apache for us.

we literal walked out o' the theatre after this scene.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

In fairness 0:53-1:03 is an accurate layman's description of the tactical doctrine of the Apache and other ATGM-equipped helicopters. My personal favourite showing of the Apache (albeit brief) was the otherwise forgettable Sean Astin film Toy Soldiers (only video with the clip of said scene):

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I hated the updated cut and didn't pick up Legendary Edition because they didn't make it optional

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Moral of the story: don't rush games out for an easy buck. It makes everyone miserable. 

The thing I dislike most about ME3 ending, is that it distracts from how shoddy the rest of the game is. 

Devs should always do self contained one-game-at-the-time. The only trilogy that payed off was Witcher - and arguably it is a disjointed trilogy where games work better on their own, then in sequence. 

I replayed the trilogy a while back, and while playing ME I was already feeling sad by how disappointingly the set ups will be "resolved".

• Like 3

On 10/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, Katphood said:

Let's be honest here, this looks way better than we expected. 

It looks good, I never completed this game so I will buy this :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 10/24/2021 at 5:06 AM, Wormerine said:

I replayed the trilogy a while back, and while playing ME I was already feeling sad by how disappointingly the set ups will be "resolved".

I've replayed the trilogy a few times (although I never played the updated ME3 endings).

I think the things that disappoints me the most about the trilogy is that the series starts as pure heroic space opera and by ME3 the series is "war is hell, there is no good choices, life sucks and then you die" kind of storytelling.

Which isn't bad per se, particularly had the series always been that way, but I don't find that to be a satisfactory conclusion to what started as a heroic space opera.  I could accept the sort of darker ME2 with the idea it was the "Empire Strikes Back" of Mass Effect, but instead it was like, in movie terms, ME1-3 were Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back - Full Metal Jacket.  'Fixing' the end of ME3 is never going to fix that tonal problem with the series.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On 10/24/2021 at 4:06 AM, Wormerine said:

The thing I dislike most about ME3 ending, is that it distracts from how shoddy the rest of the game is. 

I still find it amazing people still say ME3 would've been perfect if not for the final 5 minutes. Apparently I was the only one to see BioWare rip off the plot of a direct to video Steven Seagal movie to cure the genophage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Amentep said:

I could accept the sort of darker ME2 with the idea it was the "Empire Strikes Back" of Mass Effect, but instead it was like, in movie terms, ME1-3 were Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back - Full Metal Jacket

All we needed was some Quarian saying "me so horny".

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That reminds me I have ME4 on my Origin platform. Never got around to try launching it 🤔

The trilogy was a mixed bag. All IMHO, but first game had the most fun combat, second game had the most fun party members (and party, with the DLC) and third game had... no mini games!

My biggest two beefs with ME3 was Kai Leng (which completely killed any enjoyment I might have felt playing the game up to that point) and the pointless ending that killed any enjoyment I might have felt playing the game up the that point...

A bit of a weird thing about Bioware games when I look at it in retrospective. Dragon Age 1 and Mass Effect 1 both had some very promising and interesting game mechanics and combat systems. The sequels in both series tossed it all out and featured what I see as comparably dumb, mindless systems. Was it really too challenging? Dang it, I really loved discovering new, fun (and sometimes completely suicidal) outcomes when mixing various spell effects in the original Dragon Age 😁

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

A bit of a weird thing about Bioware games when I look at it in retrospective. Dragon Age 1 and Mass Effect 1 both had some very promising and interesting game mechanics and combat systems. The sequels in both series tossed it all out and featured what I see as comparably dumb, mindless systems. Was it really too challenging? Dang it, I really loved discovering new, fun (and sometimes completely suicidal) outcomes when mixing various spell effects in the original Dragon Age 😁

For me not weird, but expected, because they were EAten after these two magnificent games 🤷‍♂️

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours