raNdOM vidEo game newSS

Amentep

5 hours ago, Katphood said:

This looks awesome.

Reviews are starting to pop up and they seem to indicate all the hallmarks of a Swery game:

Undercooked mechanics - ✅

A generous serving of jank - ✅

Bizarre premise and characters - ✅

Wacky plot twists - ✅

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Latest update and great as usual, I like the idea of abandoned buildings becoming faction aligned and I think the Mario influence explains why movement is so much fun in this franchise 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

49 minutes ago, Amentep said:

That takes me back. Somewhere back in my parents place there is a black book, with combined Lem's Solaris and The Invincible stories. Loved this stuff as a teenager. It's been a while, but I will be honest I fail to recognise anything familiar in the trailer. 

• Thanks 1

I'm really only familiar with The Invincible story by reputation/talking with people who'd read it; the story of the game seems to be taking the basic set-up (the Invincible arrives on Regis III to determine what happened to the crew of the Condor; one crewmember is sent out to find what happened).  But it also seems to be starting us in that mystery, unlike what I understand the Lem novel does, and the wandering crewmember seems to indicate a very different kind of encounter than the one in the novel (as I understand it, having not read it).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

As a Pole, I am of course familiar with the works of Stanisław Lem, Tales of Pirx the Pilot was one of my earliest exposures to sci-fi. Lem and Verne were staples of my parents' bedtime story repertoire. I'll definitely keep an eye on The Invincible.

Edit: Add Dumas to that list. I don't remember if they read me the whole series, but I vividly remember The Three Musketeers and Twenty Years After.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

50 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

They seem to be going out of their way to port every game that isn't Bloodborne to PC.

But this is a good thing so us PC gamers can experience console games and I absolutely  love the convenience of my controller in most ported games :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

Me. Want. BLOODBORNE PORT 🤬

I didnt know anything  about Bloodborne so I looked it up and it does look good. So I concur with you,  we need a PC port for sure 💻

John Milton 

Bloodborne is awesome. At the time I was pretty tired of Dark Souls games, because I spent countless hours in them. But Bloodborne mixed up the whole thing and removed the passive combat with an active combat system. Sounds minuscule, but it has a huge impact on how you play the game. As a souls-veteran you really have to re-learn everything because of this.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

11 hours ago, Lexx said:

Bloodborne is awesome. At the time I was pretty tired of Dark Souls games, because I spent countless hours in them. But Bloodborne mixed up the whole thing and removed the passive combat with an active combat system. Sounds minuscule, but it has a huge impact on how you play the game. As a souls-veteran you really have to re-learn everything because of this.

Don't forget the lore, some of the best and most ingenious plot puzzle pieces to work together in the entire medium.  No joke, the game is already like opium, but it's like opium +P if you carefully follow the story. :yes: 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

Don't forget the lore, some of the best and most ingenious plot puzzle pieces to work together in the entire medium.  No joke, the game is already like opium, but it's like opium +P if you carefully follow the story. :yes: 

Thats another bonus, I like lore that is interesting and relevant to the game

I remember in Amalur Reckoning, despite all the lore I found it forgettable 

John Milton 

You see, the problem with adaptations of big games like Uncharted, that those games just borrow from movies. So when you adapt those games you kinda just steal from better movies that were made before. Huh, looks line inoffencive watch it on netflix film. 

6 hours ago, Wormerine said:

You see, the problem with adaptations of big games like Uncharted, that those games just borrow from movies. So when you adapt those games you kinda just steal from better movies that were made before. Huh, looks line inoffencive watch it on netflix film. 

I think the Nathan Fillion version looked much better.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."