raNdOM vidEo game newSS

Amentep

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Nobody in the trailer went prone. 0/10 Would Not Play.

On a serious note, very little gameplay was shown so there wasn't time to show off all features. That said, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if you can't go prone.

It looks like any other X-Com clone from the past few years. Yet another Jagged Alliance game that isn't Jagged Alliance, this crap sure ain't funny no more. Guess it's the last straw, as this is the first time they seriously call it "3" and not make it seem like a spin-off.

Honestly, I'm already pissed off now.

• Like 5

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

7 hours ago, Keyrock said:

The Eurojank Legend Returns:

Im not crazy about the voiceover but I have no issue with the overall plot with Jax having to convince factions of the new existential threat....thats normal PB design where you align with factions :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

It looks like any other X-Com clone from the past few years. Yet another Jagged Alliance game that isn't Jagged Alliance, this crap sure ain't funny no more. Guess it's the last straw, as this is the first time they seriously call it "3" and not make it seem like a spin-off.

Honestly, I'm already pissed off now.

I'm not sure what you mean. What is it missing that makes it not a Jagged Alliance game?

Don't get me wrong. JA2 is my favorite game ever, and I doubt this will capture the magic of that game, but it does seem to check the boxes that would make it JA. Turn-based combat, cast of colorful mercs, AIM on a laptop, etc. It may be done badly, it is hard to tell from a trailer, but it does seem like they are attempting to make it a real sequel.

It doesn't piss me off at this point because the franchise is already dead. This game will likely be another failed attempt. But maybe, just maybe, it will revive my favorite franchise. *shrug* 

Slow news day eh? Here, have some communism:

Activision Blizzard lawsuit has video game workers using union tactics — but not unionizing

I liked the bit about some union's biggest accomplishment being preventing a bunch of layoffs... only to have Blizz close the entire studio down instead. Weird flex but ok.

Edited by 213374U
blizz schmizz
  • Hmmm 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

2 hours ago, 213374U said:

Slow news day eh? Here, have some communism:

Activision Blizzard lawsuit has video game workers using union tactics — but not unionizing

I liked the bit about some union's biggest accomplishment being preventing a bunch of layoffs... only to have Blizz close the entire studio down instead. Weird flex but ok.

The article raises some good points, I have very bad experiences with unions in SA especially when they lead to the public or private company not being able to function properly or when  unreasonable and egregious union demands ultimately destroy any hope of profitability and the company closes down or disinvests in the country like we see in SA in the mining sector. But I agree with the article in comments like below but this should be normal in labor laws and work conditions and not require a union 

"The existence of the union has been very helpful for making the lives of everyone at Massive better in the sense that pressure got us sick days, parental leave and other benefits not out of the goodness of Massive’s heart but in an attempt to resist full unionization,” said the rep, noting that Massive has not fully negotiated its collective bargaining agreement yet, but is most of the way there and is already able to operate in many ways a union would under Swedish law. But the rep also doesn’t believe a union is necessarily the solution to Activision Blizzard’s urgent troubles. For one, they can take months or years to establish — even in a country like Sweden, where large union confederations are a primary means of enforcing labor rights (nearly 70 percent of Swedish citizens are in unions)

And also I dont think Blizzard has shutdown their entire office in California?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Is it just me, or were there wildly different graphic qualities in that trailer? Like sometimes it looks good and others looked really bad.

Not that it needs perfect graphics, mind you. I'll keep an eye on it, for sure. I would love a decent Krondor type game. 

22 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

Is it just me, or were there wildly different graphic qualities in that trailer? Like sometimes it looks good and others looked really bad.

Not that it needs perfect graphics, mind you. I'll keep an eye on it, for sure. I would love a decent Krondor type game. 

It was the story, more than anything, that set Betrayal at Krondor apart way back in the day. The game mechanics were serviceable (for the time, they're downright archaic by today's standards) but nothing special. Getting sucked into a web of political espionage was such a welcome departure from the chosen one must find the MacGuffin to stop the great evil stories that dominated the scene back then and still do to a lesser extent.

Still, I'm glad someone is paying homage to BaK. I feel like it gets unfairly overlooked in the annals *checks off vocab word* of great old RPGs.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 9/20/2021 at 11:37 AM, Keyrock said:

This is definitely aping Betrayal at Krondor. Can it be anywhere near as good?

Looks interesting.  Of course I'll probably get bored of it after 1 hour or so like I did the original but I'm liking the trend of reskinning and modding old gamestyles into the current and some of them are certainly a breath of fresh air.

Already downloaded it and moved my Alpha offline characters over to it. Lost the shared stash, but whatever, at least the character import worked fine.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

13 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I was wondering if this game was still happening:

:dancing:

Man, I really want to play the first game, but ... there's always so much going on in every scene, I just can't see what's going on.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, Wormerine said:

My heart skipped a beat, as GOG released season 1 of the Hitman reboots. Alas, looking at 1 star reviews the always DRM nonesense is still there. Shame. 

what a shame :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 9/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, Wormerine said:

My heart skipped a beat, as GOG released season 1 of the Hitman reboots. Alas, looking at 1 star reviews the always DRM nonesense is still there. Shame. 

I started to sort of ... not ignore, but look at less, if that makes sense ... GoG when I noticed that they no longer let you download all the past patches/versions of their games (straight from website browser version of Library), without Galaxy, or contacting support. Nothing against Galaxy, mind, but when a company removes an ability to (seemingly) try and encourage you to use something they want to promote (a client), I sort of just ... I dunno, it makes me wonder what direction they'll end up going.

I've always wondered how profitable GoG could be in the long run (newer indies probably help, ofc). I can easily see them selling/being bought by some big company (like MS/Google/whoever....) at some point, or in the very long just becoming yet another game client/storefront, except they'll have a "DRM-free" listing section. 

The issue of things like Gamepass or even streaming gaming that could become a big wave of future could make an only 'drm free/offline installers' storefront even more problematic/less profitable to maintain. I'm honestly surprised at times GoG has lasted this long. I mean, I'm hoping they'll stay bucking the trends but I dunno.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

8 hours ago, Lexx said:

Man, I really want to play the first game, but ... there's always so much going on in every scene, I just can't see what's going on.

It's been some years since I played the first 2 Bayonetta games but I don't recall ever having any trouble keeping track of what was going on, where I was, what I was doing, the enemies telegraphing attacks, this despite the fact that the games were quite busy visually. I did blister the **** out of my thumbs, though. I'm already bracing myself for another round of that pain. >_<

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks