What are you Playing Now? Games = Life

Amentep

30 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

the right click problem doesn't exist in safe mode

tried to run the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth fix in safe mode but didn't work due to lack of some document

Okay we making progress, so now the issue points at your windows profile. Logon with  a new user account to create a new  OS profile. Lets see if that works

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Okay we making progress, so now the issue points at your windows profile. Logon with  a new user account to create a new  OS profile. Lets see if that works

tried Add a user without a Microsoft account in Settings Accounts

and right click in new account seems to work

so can the old one be salvaged or just move everything to new one?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

tried Add a user without a Microsoft account in Settings Accounts

and right click in new account seems to work

so can the old one be salvaged or just move everything to new one?

You have done well, good troubleshooting. Its interesting how my steps to understand the issue worked because these steps cover most issues but sometimes the fix is complicated or the problem still exists. And also these arent my steps but a Microsoft proven way to troubleshoot issues ....but the point being its solved your issue and that is the main thing 

My advice is create new desktop icons and shortcuts because you have  a new profile and as much as we dont like it sometimes creating a new profile is a good performance exercise

Plus you can get rid of old unnecessary junk. And all your games should still work ? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

You have done well, good troubleshooting. Its interesting how my steps to understand the issue worked because these steps cover most issues but sometimes the fix is complicated or the problem still exists. And also these arent my steps but a Microsoft proven way to troubleshoot issues ....but the point being its solved your issue and that is the main thing 

My advice is create new desktop icons and shortcuts because you have  a new profile and as much as we dont like it sometimes creating a new profile is a good performance exercise

Plus you can get rid of old unnecessary junk. And all your games should still work ? 

just unsure if all the software need to be reinstalled or just make them default again

last time reinstall os take 3 days to change all the setting and still couldn't shut down windows auto update

Edited by uuuhhii

42 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

just unsure if all the software need to be reinstalled or just make them default again

last time reinstall os take 3 days to change all the setting and still couldn't shut down windows auto update

It can be frustrating to have to reinstall things but you should still have access to Windows Explorer where your .exe and games reside and you can just create shortcuts to new icons ?

But I was thinking what is probably  easier and you mentioned it, Windows Explorer will have your previous profile saved under C:\Users\xxx

Go into your old profile and the Desktop folder. All your old Shortcuts will be their, copy them to the new Desktop because they should  alll still work ?

John Milton 

53 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

It can be frustrating to have to reinstall things but you should still have access to Windows Explorer where your .exe and games reside and you can just create shortcuts to new icons ?

But I was thinking what is probably  easier and you mentioned it, Windows Explorer will have your previous profile saved under C:\Users\xxx

Go into your old profile and the Desktop folder. All your old Shortcuts will be their, copy them to the new Desktop because they should  alll still work ?

always backup those data multiple times

but to avoid the file that might be causing problem and copy game saves one by one will not be pleasant

appreciate all the help

the panic attack of last two days finally subsided

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I'm beginning to wish I could sit in a chair and watch while you play.   :*

No, you don't :lol:.  Right now I have a palace block...kind of planned out.  Problem I have is I have to import clay, that given I want to have the palace block separate from everyone given market ladies obsession with wheat, so the plebs can eat fruit and fish.  But not seeing a way I can get pottery to both without linking them up.  What I could try is some lame thing and have a warehouse that's connected to the two networks but they're not connected to each other, actually... hm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

always backup those data multiple times

but to avoid the file that might be causing problem and copy game saves one by one will not be pleasant

appreciate all the help

the panic attack of last two days finally subsided

I dont think you need to be concerned about the problem being related to something related to a corrupted file, its always possible but highly unlikely that this could cause the issues you experienced in your profile

But before I can comment further do you remember what you were doing when the problem occurred, its relevant because you are concerned about a corrupted save file? Because I agree I wouldn't want to have the problem resurface 

I invested 3 years in a new PC rig and because I had taken voluntary retrenchment and made my yearly  target I received a huge salary and I also had decided to move to Cpt so the retrenchment ended up being a good thing but it didnt feel good at the time 

But I decided to spend a lot of  this extra money on a  new gaming machine and I bought things that I just wouldnt have spent that much money on like the new RTX 2080 Ti which was cutting edge at the time. Anyway my PC has so many games, apps , MMO,  gaming clients,  game items like manuals and  a huge library of Mods which I use for numerous games...

I am just thinking how I would feel if my PC had demonstrated your problems ....the thought of having to reinstall everything I have collected is draining and something I want to avoid :aiee:

John Milton 

3 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I dont think you need to be concerned about the problem being related to something related to a corrupted file, its always possible but highly unlikely that this could cause the issues you experienced in your profile

But before I can comment further do you remember what you were doing when the problem occurred, its relevant because you are concerned about a corrupted save file? Because I agree I wouldn't want to have the problem resurface 

I invested 3 years in a new PC rig and because I had taken voluntary retrenchment and made my yearly  target I received a huge salary and I also had decided to move to Cpt so the retrenchment ended up being a good thing but it didnt feel good at the time 

But I decided to spend a lot of  this extra money on a  new gaming machine and I bought things that I just wouldnt have spent that much money on like the new RTX 2080 Ti which was cutting edge at the time. Anyway my PC has so many games, apps , MMO,  gaming clients,  game items like manuals and  a huge library of Mods which I use for numerous games...

I am just thinking how I would feel if my PC had demonstrated your problems ....the thought of having to reinstall everything I have collected is draining and something I want to avoid :aiee:

play pathfinder wotr for about 6 hours before rest

noticed right click problem occured immediately when turn on pc the next day

couldn't remember much else

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

play pathfinder wotr for about 6 hours before rest

noticed right click problem occured immediately when turn on pc the next day

couldn't remember much else

Interesting, you see how these types of problems cannot be assumed to be caused by something obvious because you didnt do anything that is unusual 

But this means you can copy as many save games as you like, its extremely unlikely this could cause another profile corruption because end of the day any PC must be able to support the simple copying of files and if this fails and corrupts the profile again then you must reinstall because you cant accept that type of failure

But I cant imagine that will  happen ?

John Milton 

16 hours ago, Malcador said:

What I could try is some lame thing and have a warehouse that's connected to the two networks but they're not connected to each other, actually... hm.

Oh yeah, I think I did that a few times as well.  Build a warehouse, connect one road to one side, connect another road that isn't connected at all to that first road, to the other side. That kind of thing? 

See, that was part of what I found fun in those age old games - trying to figure out ways around the (limiting/extra simple programming/pathing, lack of QoL options) limitations. Either for ease or for giggles. Now there's rarely any of that type of extra "challenge" and it's just plain old gameplay and outright game-stopping bugs that modders have to fix. How boring!  :shifty:

Edit: those "market lady road block" thingies and buying restrictions they put in later games, they were useful sure, but it immediately made those games more dull. Haha

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yah, control over the market ladies would please me greatly. So far using the warehouses as a go between is working well, still can't sustain palaces, but getting there. Only problem now is the population limit, as the remainder of my city is obsessed with the scarce fruit and ignoring the abundant fish. Grr.  I guess I should just not bother feeding the plebes anything but fish. Hm..

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@Malcador  I can't remember, did you play Pharaoh already? I always meant to replay/finish that one.  I liked it well enough but my memory is that the issue became that I'd "finish" everything but the larger/multiple monument building requirement and I'd be waiting and waiting and waiting .... I don't like waiting.  It was a good (very) similar game tho. 

Are you going to try Caesar 4 one day? The 3D graphics make it feel a bit more clunky or claustrophobic in some respects (especially the minimal combat) but it was all right/worth a once thru imo.

Edit: unrelated -- just realized wemod has DeathStranding cheat for materials. Maybe I'll use it for materials for the roads solo so I can not use the stupid DS/social-online gimmick. Might inspire me to finish the game on PC.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I beat Caesar 4 10 years ago or so. Pretty sure I cheesed that game (or just did things like some pants on head fool would do).  I did like the different market system - people went to the market rather than the ladies coming to them, right ?  And you can block filthy plebes from them, as well.

On 9/12/2021 at 4:46 PM, Malcador said:

I beat Caesar 4 10 years ago or so.

...wait, it's been that long? I remember posting ss's on this forum when I played it at release.

*Google* ... released in 2006.

...crap, I/we got old.

• Haha 1

Black Legend. Reached the second-to-last area, judging by the map. There was a lot of OP equipment, from the "counter any melee attack" dagger (Nemesis) to the double-effect trinket (Merchant's Scales). Considering that the amount of backtracking and respawning cultists, these items are most welcome.

Got a creative insight here, I can't feed the plebes with fish alone, the patrician area is swamped with food, but if I link their networks, everything goes to hell as the ladies go to get wheat instead of nearby fish and then nothing evolves.  And you can't have a granary servicing two road networks as the walkers can use it like a road, so that's out.  Then I remembered, if all granaries are full, food goes to warehouses, and then that I can transfer between networks :lol:

Well, so far so good, feeding people a bit more.  Not sure if I have a path to victory here still.

I'm still in "Kenshi". Turns out I didn't hate open-world do-whatever games, I just haven't had found the right one for me. :wub: Well, now I have and it appears this is going to be a long-term relationship. Made a bunch of different parties in different corners of the world because the world is huge, levelling is slow and it would take loads o'time to explore it all with just one party, also this way I can try different challenges such as no minimal very little thieving. 

Funny how slow levelling infuriates me in, e.g., "Baldur's Gate", but feels just right in "Kenshi". Gives me time to elaborate plans I have for those people-shooting nobles as I discover new things. Like beak things. :alienani:

@Oner sorry for answering so late. No, I have not checked the discord for the Army Men knock-off game. Shame it's multiplayer only. Forgot what the game is called. 

We need a Army Men Collection for newer machines.

• Thanks 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Encased? Maybe I'll ... "turn-based" .... sigh, never mind, again.  Maybe one day I should get past that but after 20+ years, I doubt it/don't even try anymore.

I also looked at Tales of Arise - it was on my check-it-when-released wishlist cause in some ways it reminds me a bit of FFXV (note: I've seen but never bought any of the previous Tales), but after watching some videos I realized something:
----the VA for the male lead is the same as the male lead in FFXV and this time he didn't sound any different. I recognized the voice immediately (some of the VA's other work, like in BL3, it's way less obvious). So everything the chr says (including the overbearingly constant/similar battle-cry lines) I couldn't get past thinking Noctis!  So in some early serious cutscenes I'd keep laughing. :lol:  Not the VA's fault, usually I can get past/don't mind - I just played XV too darn much I guess, lol. Anyway, I think I'd find it very bizarre. I may try the demo at least tho. Maybe I can learn to ignore it.

Edited by LadyCrimson

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Encased is a very good RPG and a fascinating world to explore. It is probably the best rpg I have played this year.

I appreciate how there's a multitude of different ways to approach most situations, that's always been the hallmark of a good RPG in my view.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tried Tales of Arise demo.  It doesn't save so if you exit it you start it all over. It's just to give you an idea of mechanics/gameplay.  I could make the audio language Japanese so that would take care of the Noctis "problem" but there's a lot of wandering party dialogue bits I might not notice that way because the subtitles for them are small pop-ups in one corner. Hm.

You have a party but when roaming you only see/use the chosen party leader so you feel alone, just their voices pipe up now and then (they appear in cutscenes/storyboards). They show up actively during combat with AI. When your leader gets close to an enemy, game teleports you into a combat set piece arena or something. Not sure I like that method - it's not bad or anything, just not what I'm used to. Combat isn't complex, like I prefer these days, but there's so much on-screen numbers/words/display it looks messy. Still, kinda mindlessly fun. I like the (click shinies) gathering/grinding collectables, seems like a lot to gather. Supposedly there's fishing too. And a lot of story but I don't really care about that a ton. 😛

I'd probably like it as a fun time-waster, but from demo don't see it as becoming a big favorite ... can't make up my mind.

...it was nice to discover tho, that during a random wilderness camp, the party could still make ice cream for dinner. Must be a magical freezing spell.  :lol:

It saves only at the end, to save the Ending Cutscene, so you can watch it next playthrough at the camp.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

12 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

It saves only at the end, to save the Ending Cutscene, so you can watch it next playthrough at the camp.

Ah, I suppose that makes some sense. I only stayed in the starter area to get the idea of basic combat/minor other things. Didn't follow the quest.
Do you have the full game? Does it have a manual save system at all or is it all checkpoints?

I know about the $20 worth of certain costume DLC that have Titles/skills or traits or something, which feels a bit extra greedy but whatever - not sure if I'd want those. Maybe only min/maxers would care about them.

Still can't fully decide but since I'm "game bored" I might say screw it and just get it....