Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Part 2

Amentep

7 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

I thought Angel could transmute damage to holy. They said something like that in an update video iirc.

Regardless, it seems like all the late game paths are last minute. I guess it makes sense because you walk away from all your special advisors you've been building up to, but it's pretty unsatisfying.

angel sword seems to only work with weapon damage

20 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Regardless, it seems like all the late game paths are last minute. I guess it makes sense because you walk away from all your special advisors you've been building up to, but it's pretty unsatisfying.

GD is based on, what, two conversations? Both of which feel pretty poorly written.

If I recall correctly, it was a stretch goal, so maybe that's to blame.

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

13 hours ago, Achilles said:

GD is based on, what, two conversations? Both of which feel pretty poorly written.

If I recall correctly, it was a stretch goal, so maybe that's to blame.

legend seems to be the one with most effort put in

devil have the least

Update 1.1.0i

Hello Crusaders!

We've been quiet lately, and the reason for this is that we were working on releasing the first big patch for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous!
We thank those of you who helped us to beta-test it, and you can opt-out of the beta now.

Highlights of the new patch:

Visuals and performance of multiple areas has been improved;
Improved the visuals of multiple NPC;
Fixed the inaccuracies in reactivity to your choices, such as some NPCs appearing where they should not be;
Improved the mounted combat in turn-based mode and fixed another issue with Charge;
In your inventory it will be easier to tell the scrolls you can learn from those you can’t;
Crusade underwent many changes, and also you can control the armies from the crusade interface now (from the throne room).

Known issues:

Sometimes enemies with multiple attacks can get stuck in turn-based mode. The workaround is to disable turn-based mode temporarily if you encounter such an enemy.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

57 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Not really a Wrathfinder Path of the Videogame question but something on the Discord made me curious since Lich can't e-sex up the pixels.

Can a lich or mythic lich polymorph themselves back into a flesh and blood creature?

am disturbed by needing to admit we has seen this question come up many times. am not joking. there were a pathfinder query on their boards involving a lich shapechanged into a gorilla then mating with a gorilla and the fate o' the progeny. 

wtf is wrong with people?

is some question as to polymorph as the baleful polymorph spell involves a fort save and undead is immune to spells involving fort saves. as such has been suggested that regardless o' save, polymorph may not be sufficient to alter the undead type. however, consensus we observed is shapechange achieves the desired result.

am honest not sure what is the official word from paizo or whether or not the pathfinder developers provided a definitive answer. shape changed into a gorilla? can't have expected us to read any further, yes?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

53 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Can a lich or mythic lich polymorph themselves back into a flesh and blood creature?

In 1e there's a ton of polymorph spells that let you (ie target of personal) assume the form of stuff and the one for humanoids is a 2nd level spell. So a Lich could turn themselves into their living form to have the secks, pretty easily too. The description for undead bloodline says one of your ancestors could have been a lich or vampire, so it's probably lore confirmed that at least one lich used magic to do the romance.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

am disturbed by needing to admit we has seen this question come up many times. am not joking. there were a pathfinder query on their boards involving a lich shapechanged into a gorilla then mating with a gorilla and the fate o' the progeny. 

This time it wasn't that bad

Spoiler

someone posted a capture of evil Aru (I'm not even going to try the full name) turning down a lich PC due to being a skeleton and someone asked if a polymorph spell would fix that. Spoilered just in case any of that matters to anyone.

At first I laughed at the suggestion but then I too became curious and it turns out there are already rules for this.

• Gasp! 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

This time it wasn't that bad

Reveal hidden contents

someone posted a capture of evil Aru (I'm not even going to try the full name) turning down a lich PC due to being a skeleton and someone asked if a polymorph spell would fix that. Spoilered just in case any of that matters to anyone.

At first I laughed at the suggestion but then I too became curious and it turns out there are already rules for this.

At least liches can get a spider-catgirl gf or a hedonistic bf or THE WORLD IN CRIMSON gf. So when you think about it, the Lich still gets to bone.

I'll get my coat.

25 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

The new update says: "Redesigned Skald archetype Court Poet".

Does anyone know what was changed? Maybe the class works now?🤔

I don't know, but I have a feeling that Owlcat is more concerned with important stuff, like pumping AC and saves of mooks even higher, than making sure classes and items work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

Maybe the class works now?🤔

no... depending on what you mean.

no skald gets kenning, which is a big deal.

the other stuff which didn't work, still doesn't work. in fact, the ability to take rage powers has been removed, so the question regarding the capacity to share such with party members is now m00t. a slight buff to spell damage has been added to replace the removed stances.

the one thing the court poet does do which is not capable o' replication is its ability to pump party member intelligence and charisma scores and ignore any kinda stacking limits. if you got a party which is heavy with paladins and intelligence or charisma-based casters, the court poet is still a good choice, but is in not working as one would expect based on the original descriptions.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The impression I got from community feedback was that while WotR was very strong until the end of Act 3 (unremarkable HoMM-style minigame notwithstanding) it had its own <<House at the End of Time>> segment, except that it was expanded to roughly the final 3rd of the game. Slowly making my way through Act 4 solely because I need more and more breaks away from WotR due to how soul-sucking the world navigation mechanics of the Midnight Isles are (a similar mechanic for the House at the End of Time was my most loathed aspect of that segment in Kingmaker) and it drives home my attitude that either Owlcat should have stuck with the fixed perspective of Kingmaker and all the artistic limitations that entails or commit to a NWN/Dragon Age-like camera and movement system. While I could attribute what many perceive to be over-tuned encounters to early-access players consisting almost entirely of folks who knew the Pathfinder system inside and out, the Midnight Isles must have had several passes among developers and internal QA testers before it was pushed out into the backer beta. A big shame because there are quite a few interesting and challenging encounters to be found thus far and plenty of interesting story beats.

With the above I'd like to emphasize that my criticisms thus far of WotR (wonky pacing of difficulty, tedious puzzles, and Act 4's world traversal gimmick) come from a place of wanting the game to be all it could be. <<Kingmaker>> in its final form was in my eyes 90% of the way to joining the ranks of BG2, IWD2, NWN2: MotB, and DA: O for my top 5 cRPGs and I backed WotR on the assumption that with experience, taking critical feedback to heart, and a bigger budget Owlcat could make a game that was truly sublime. I started <<Kingmaker>> close to launch and as WotR stands now I consider righting that ship a taller order for Owlcat.

Postscript: Realised that with how it ended for me Sosiel's questline was an almost one-to-one retelling of <<the Deer Hunter>>:

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

25 minutes ago, Agiel said:

The impression I got from community feedback was that while WotR was very strong until the end of Act 3 (unremarkable HoMM-style minigame notwithstanding) it had its own <<House at the End of Time>> segment, except that it was expanded to roughly the final 3rd of the game. Slowly making my way through Act 4 solely because I need more and more breaks away from WotR due to how soul-sucking the world navigation mechanics of the Midnight Isles are (a similar mechanic for the House at the End of Time was my most loathed aspect of that segment in Kingmaker) and it drives home my attitude that either Owlcat should have stuck with the fixed perspective of Kingmaker and all the artistic limitations that entails or commit to a NWN/Dragon Age-like camera and movement system. While I could attribute what many perceive to be over-tuned encounters to early-access players consisting almost entirely of folks who knew the Pathfinder system inside and out, the Midnight Isles must have had several passes among developers and internal QA testers before it was pushed out into the backer beta. A big shame because there are quite a few interesting and challenging encounters to be found thus far and plenty of interesting story beats.

With the above I'd like to emphasize that my criticisms thus far of WotR (wonky pacing of difficulty, tedious puzzles, and Act 4's world traversal gimmick) come from a place of wanting the game to be all it could be. <<Kingmaker>> in its final form was in my eyes 90% of the way to joining the ranks of BG2, IWD2, NWN2: MotB, and DA: O for my top 5 cRPGs and I backed WotR on the assumption that with experience, taking critical feedback to heart, and a bigger budget Owlcat could make a game that was truly sublime. I started <<Kingmaker>> close to launch and as WotR stands now I consider righting that ship a taller order for Owlcat.

Postscript: Realised that with how Sosiel's questline ended for me it was an almost one-to-one retelling of <<the Deer Hunter>>:

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

most player have to fight through the pathfinder 1e nonsense for dozens of hours than just lower the difficulty or give up the game

even for player know how to minmax to overcome the ridiculous stat bloat still have more fun calculating overpowered builds than actually playing dozens hours of combat that just end up being spam the few things that work and have minmaxed martial auto attack

Edited by uuuhhii

I like how turn based mode breaks down randomly with the new patch, and switching to real time with pause in the middle of the fight, which is the suggested workaround, kind of messes up your battlefield control when you were in the middle of a fight. Hilarious.

Also, eh, that just doesn't break TB mode, but apparently also the active abilities of the Bad HoMM minigame. Or maybe these two issues aren't related, but anyway, one makes a bad mini-game worse, and the other just killed my party in the middle of a fight. Meh. Granted, doing the fight over in RTwP right from the start isn't the worst thing you can do and it works, but just imagine that messing up one of the more idioticly balanced fights out there instead of a random encounter with sneak attacking hidden demons that suddenly act all at once. :p 

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Just now, majestic said:

I like how turn based mode breaks down randomly with the new patch, and switching to real time with pause in the middle of the fight, which is the suggested workaround, kind of messes up your battlefield control when you were in the middle of a fight. Hilarious.

the workaround does work in many (not all) situations. the switch to rt need only be for an instant, during which time gameplay is auto-paused. re-establishing turn-base has a high percentage o' clearing the problem, and does not mess with battlefield control as even after the momentary switch to rt, all battle participants keep their initiative order.

however, am gonna suggest that if the switch to rt does not fix the issue, then is a good idea to use the alt+b bug reporting feature to create a save during combat, 'cause you may need do a reload to regain tb functionality. 

'course crusade battles getting borked is not salvageable using the aforementioned option.  is in fact a whole lotta features still busted which do not have fixes, and predictably, a few fixes has made broken stuff more busted.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromnir said:

however, am gonna suggest that if the switch to rt does not fix the issue, then is a good idea to use the alt+b bug reporting feature to create a save during combat, 'cause you may need do a reload to regain tb functionality. 

Thanks, I'll try that next time. Switching back and forth did not fix the issue for me. Never thought you could use the bug reporting feature to save mid-combat, that sounds like a hilarious way to cheese some more.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

10 minutes ago, majestic said:

Thanks, I'll try that next time. Switching back and forth did not fix the issue for me. Never thought you could use the bug reporting feature to save mid-combat, that sounds like a hilarious way to cheese some more.

given how many broken features is in the game, am not feeling guilty over indulging a bit o' cheese to circumvent such such problems.

two quick observations:

1) when our tb got busted and a switch to rt did not fix, we typical needed to complete exit the game to get back our tb functionality.

2) when you reload from your alt+b save, initiative will be reordered, as if combat had started anew... which is where some serious cheese may occur.

our first angel character were a high wisdom inquisitor who took improved initiative and mythic initiative feats-- we always were able to act first in a tb combat round. hadn't actual considered this previous, but IF we wanted to cheese a boss battle, we coulda' taken our action with our archer inquisitor, used alt+b to create a save, then reload. by reloading initiative would be reordered, and we would no doubt get to act first... again. could easily have done a rinse-and-repeat with the bosses literal never getting a chance to take an action during combat. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Gasp! 1

• 2 weeks later...

am not gonna get snarky 'bout the (not)magnitude o' the list o' fixes... other than the implication inherent in our observation.

HA! Good Fun!

Apparently I've been ignoring the offensive capabilities of the Angel spell, Radiant Ground, to my detriment. Just took out Playful Darkness in two rounds with it landing all of one hit on a party member.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Played a little bit more with the new patch and have encountered a bug in which mounted party members travel far quicker than the rest of the party members while exploring the map, which can be quite annoying when traversing long distances in areas that you've already cleared and can potentially be deadly as on my save mounted Seelah isn't the highest AC member of the party. I vaguely recall there being a tick box that forces all party members to move in formation regardless of movement speed but for the life of me I cannot find it now.

There is also a survey by Owlcat floating around gathering feedback and there seems to be a particular focus on the Enigma and Nenio's quest puzzles in the questions. Normally whenever I take part in these when asked to write in my own words what works and what doesn't I leave the box blank due to me being lazy and it not being a requirement for submission, but this time I made sure that Owlcat gets an earful about how tedious, repetitive, and unnecessary the puzzles were on top of the probable damage to my eyesight trying to discern the symbols on the slabs.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

1 hour ago, Agiel said:

I vaguely recall there being a tick box that forces all party members to move in formation regardless of movement speed but for the life of me I cannot find it now.

On each of the formations tabs, there's a "Hold the Line" checkbox at the bottom. While I'm certain that's what you're looking for, I *think* it's only applicable while the party is in combat.

I thought about giving it a shot, but it looks like Zippy Magic is badly broken and there's still a host of other bugs so I think I'm gonna wait a few more months. Maybe the "abilities work as their descriptions say they do" or "monsters with over 9000 ac were brought in line" dlcs will drop by then.

37 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

I thought about giving it a shot, but it looks like Zippy Magic is badly broken and there's still a host of other bugs so I think I'm gonna wait a few more months. Maybe the "abilities work as their descriptions say they do" or "monsters with over 9000 ac were brought in line" dlcs will drop by then.

I watched a streamer go through it so I have no issues waiting for the final edition to drop. It looks like it will be a fun game to play, still not sold on the mini game...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP