Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Part 2

Amentep

24 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

azata have some spell that doesn't work but the bigger problem are aivu frighten enemy just run too much hard to catch

its less of a problem in tb. our party near invariably uses a character with maximized intimidation and a level of thug, precise to achieve similar fear effects. literal sent baphomet and deskari running multiple times, which is something less than annoying 'cause for two two rounds (the one where they runs away and the one in which they runs back) they may at most achieve a single attack, is flat-footed, has decreased saves from the fear debuff, etc. intimidation fear is also not subject to sr. 

fear is our friend, and we spam it.

but yeah, considering am specific going with a charisma-based spell caster to take advantage of azata spells, having multiple options not work is troubling, and has been revealed in this thread the sooper power am most interested in is not working proper either, so...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

5 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Good fun indeed.

the thing is, the spells which do not work for azata were kinda altering the way we anticipated building our party. second breath and heroes never surrender is azata spells which, among other things, refund spells and class abilities to companions. a single spell which purges fatigue, exhaustion, negative levels and refunds all class ability uses and spell slots 7th level and less is indeed mythic, save for fact it don't do anything save purge fatigue, exhaustion and negative levels. is not a new bug either.

as for our angel run which has been paused, starting tomorrow am gonna dedicate an hour each day to finishing nenio's quest, which means we should be done by halloween, which is only a slight exaggeration.

oh, and another tb combat quirk is rift o' ruin and other pit spells do not respect tb mode. damage and need to make saves is happening in rt while you are watching a screen full o' mooks lurch 'cross the screen in tb mode. can't move seelah outta the range o' the rift 'til is her turn? need make same reflex save near a dozen times before is her turn 'cause she is literal unable to move from the rift opening? is a particular frequent recurring foe when doing nenio's quest which spams rift o' ruin, so is an especial annoying bug as you need make a high athletics check to escape the rift and most o' our companions is not equipped to make such checks. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps minor additional bug is the skeletal merchant showed up for us one time in act five, and we were kinda planning on emptying his stock o' high-end items given we got ~3million duckets and nothing 'pon which to spend 'em. coulda invested in army recruitment but such ended up being a waste as we literal wiped out the endgame army before any o' our crusade units had even a chance to act-- our general cast blade of the inheritor, which wiped out entire back row o' the enemy, followed by a single bolt o' justice (twincast ability) to mop up the lone remaining unit.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

14 hours ago, Gromnir said:

ps minor additional bug is the skeletal merchant showed up for us one time in act five, and we were kinda planning on emptying his stock o' high-end items given we got ~3million duckets and nothing 'pon which to spend 'em. coulda invested in army recruitment but such ended up being a waste as we literal wiped out the endgame army before any o' our crusade units had even a chance to act-- our general cast blade of the inheritor, which wiped out entire back row o' the enemy, followed by a single bolt o' justice (twincast ability) to mop up the lone remaining unit.

Got him zero times in first playthrough. I have seen him twice so far. Wondering if appearance is tied to "random encounters" survived? I will admit that I'm totally "skinner boxing" that one :)

Made the mistake of passing on Master of Maneuver III because I remembered getting it for free during the Fallout backer quest, but alas it played out differently this time and no such upgrade was forthcoming. Luckily army units are just an audience for their general's spellcasting prowess at this point.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

38 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Got him zero times in first playthrough. I have seen him twice so far. Wondering if appearance is tied to "random encounters" survived? I will admit that I'm totally "skinner boxing" that one :)

Made the mistake of passing on Master of Maneuver III because I remembered getting it for free during the Fallout backer quest, but alas it played out differently this time and no such upgrade was forthcoming. Luckily army units are just an audience for their general's spellcasting prowess at this point.

double cast fireball basically kill more than anything

enjoy before another nerf

aside: be aware magic weapons/armour/items s'posed in the game based 'pon guides or attainable through game file explorations is extreme misleading.

not including finnean, the "best" greatsword actual in the game through 90% of act 5 content is probable the +3 holy weapon available from a vendor in act 3.

is one reason we were annoyed by the loss o' the skeletal merchant, 'cause at least his hunter inventory included a couple very nice weapons, barding and enhancement items we viewed but failed to purchase during a singular meeting. were a +5 speed longbow which added half mobility skill level to damage we initial did not purchase and regretted when we did not get a second attempt. 

HA! Good Fun!

2 hours ago, Achilles said:

am pretty sure we got our master of maneuver three via a quest.

Spoiler

is a scholar you meet in defender's heart who shows up late in the game via an extreme buggy quest which, among other problems, may lockup during a final cutscene, requiring you to play multiple times to finish the damned encounter.  do a crusade research project on the book the scholar provides you and all your generals get an extra tier o' master of maneuver. 

HA! Good Fun!

7 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

Hide contents

is a scholar you meet in defender's heart who shows up late in the game via an extreme buggy quest which, among other problems, may lockup during a final cutscene, requiring you to play multiple times to finish the damned encounter.  do a crusade research project on the book the scholar provides you and all your generals get an extra tier o' master of maneuver. 

HA! Good Fun!

that was the most painful encounter in the entire game

plan to just ignore it next playthrough

18 hours ago, Gromnir said:

the thing is, the spells which do not work for azata were kinda altering the way we anticipated building our party. second breath and heroes never surrender is azata spells which, among other things, refund spells and class abilities to companions. a single spell which purges fatigue, exhaustion, negative levels and refunds all class ability uses and spell slots 7th level and less is indeed mythic, save for fact it don't do anything save purge fatigue, exhaustion and negative levels. is not a new bug either.

Yes, I had better wait until next year to play this game.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

4 hours ago, Gromnir said:

aside: be aware magic weapons/armour/items s'posed in the game based 'pon guides or attainable through game file explorations is extreme misleading.

not including finnean, the "best" greatsword actual in the game through 90% of act 5 content is probable the +3 holy weapon available from a vendor in act 3.

is one reason we were annoyed by the loss o' the skeletal merchant, 'cause at least his hunter inventory included a couple very nice weapons, barding and enhancement items we viewed but failed to purchase during a singular meeting. were a +5 speed longbow which added half mobility skill level to damage we initial did not purchase and regretted when we did not get a second attempt. 

HA! Good Fun!

Finnean is companion-locked behind one of many "options" I've yet to engage. While I think that's a questionable design choice, I have a feeling that I don't regret it too much.

Sorry to hear you missed out on the bow:(

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

Hide contents

HA! Good Fun!

Maybe that's it. I thought the tactician gal offered it as a "GG" after beating her little game, but I'm probably misremembering that.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

That bow is awesome and I gave it to Lann every game I've played so far

I've never paid any attention to greatswords but the Numerian one seemed okay in chapter 3. I always keep everyone with their starting weapon category and since nobody is greatswords I pay them no attention. I should probably mix things up more.

Replaying my Demon game from chapter 3 because I want that damn ending. 

• Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

21 hours ago, ShadySands said:

That bow is awesome and I gave it to Lann every game I've played so far

I've never paid any attention to greatswords but the Numerian one seemed okay in chapter 3. I always keep everyone with their starting weapon category and since nobody is greatswords I pay them no attention. I should probably mix things up more.

Replaying my Demon game from chapter 3 because I want that damn ending. 

the numerian blade is curious. provides a chance to select an enhancement bonus you likely has already achieved via a belt or helm or whatever. on the other hand, a few o' the saving throw bonuses provided by the sword become increasing useful as you get deeper in the game and there is fewer ways to stack additional bonuses to saves needed to overcome jaw-dropping dcs. 

the meta knowledge aspect of weapons is one o' the things which annoy us 'bout pathfinder crpgs.

as an example, we were gonna make a crossbow wielding archer who takes levels in sohei to get the extra attacks and then use the curious implementation o' mythic finesse to allow dex modifiers to be applied to weapons such as crossbows. crossbows have a greater crit threat range than long or shortbows, so w/o the strength aspect holding one back, crossbows are a reasonable alternative for an archer. original the plan were to go with heavy crossbows, 'cause, duh-- heavy crossbows do more damage. the thing is, there is better light crosbows in the game, and possible the best heavy crossbows don't actual function as designed. so, on a future wotr run, if we create our crossbow archer, it will be to take advantage o' light crossbows.

there is objective good weapon choices in wotr, and as pathfinder rules makes advantageous to specialize in a single weapon, choosing the right weapon will impact the efficacy o' your character. meta silliness. 

as an aside not directed at shady, while am one o' the persons most frequent identifying annoying wotr bugs in this thread, am gonna recognize the number of quest breaking bugs is current lower than we expected, and is relative few genuine game breakers at this point. relative few. if you had the game breakers which were more common at release in september, am sympathizing, but is better than we expected given the trends from the beta. am gonna suggest for many players the game is playable in its current state, but it will remain individual frustrating as respec is still wonky and it is extreme ez to choose a feat, spell, power or whatever and then find out some hours removed that your level-up choice does not provide the results advertised.

am also not sure how much benefit one gets from waiting past the next couple months for increased stability as owlcat is gonna shift effort to dlc which will create new bugs. kingmaker trajectory for stability does not provide confidence a year-long wait is gonna fix anywhere near all major bugs, and what an individual considers an essential bug will depend on their build choices or party configuration. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gromnir said:

on a future wotr run, if we create our crossbow archer, it will be to take advantage o' light crossbows.

Interestingly, I'm playing with a build for Inquisitor (Judge) that's on this same track

Spoiler

If you look at the front of the crossbows in question, they have keys of Abadar on them. Almost like this **** is intentional.

Just made third contact with Skeletal Salesman in Act V (personal protection gear)

Heavy Armor +5, a Belt of Physical Might +6, and a +5 chainshirt called "Purging Chains". Seems like hunter gears steals the show.

am a big fan o' inquisitors, but we chose the community domain for our zen archer/sacred huntsmaster/demonslayer, and guarded hearth effective negates the benefits judgements during the all-important boss battles as sacred bonuses don't stack. with a high wisdom, guarded hearth is providing us with bonuses to everything we would use for judgements, and then some. were annoying we couldn't take a level of demonslayer until after we reached level 15 as an inquisitor, 'cause the demonslayer favoured enemy bonuses stack with sacred hunstmaster but also prevent subsequent inquisitor advancement o' any demon favoured enemy. odd. so with sacred huntsmaster and demonslayer we get +4 'gainst two categories o' demons and +8 'gainst one. unlike the sacred bonuses, the favoured enemy benefits stack with everything. as we went the zen archer route. we didn't need any dex at all save we wanted the seize the moment teamwork feat, which worked out fine 'cause as am wisdom focused 'stead o' dex, the penalties from righteous might is a non factor and the silly one level o' ranger lets us use hurricane bow as well.  oh, and we went all chips in on initiative taking the basic feat and the mythic, which means am near always acting first in every battle. is not an oracle or cleric build, but is nevertheless an effective angel.

regardless, am kinda wanting to do an aeon judge inquisitor. might even go the crossbow route.

HA! Good Fun!

ps after a few more hours, am final at the central puzzle in enigma, which am gonna do tomorrow... maybe.  never again. am done with nenio following this.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gromnir said:

never again. am done with nenio following this.  

Based on the last patch, you can't complete

Spoiler

Storyteller's

quest without her. Not enough notes in the wild anymore :(

• Like 1

Just now, Achilles said:

Based on the last patch, you can't complete

Hide contents

Storyteller's

quest without her. Not enough notes in the wild anymore :(

p00p. that is so wrong. have not used any kinda mod thus far but am suspecting we will resort to cheating in the requisite quest items(s).

as an aside, we finished the quest and sold l00t. now we got 5 million duckets and nothing 'pon which to spend. 

HA! Good Fun!

2 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

p00p. that is so wrong. have not used any kinda mod thus far but am suspecting we will resort to cheating in the requisite quest items(s).

as an aside, we finished the quest and sold l00t. now we got 5 million duckets and nothing 'pon which to spend. 

HA! Good Fun!

Agreed. Owlcat seems very interested in forcing the player into their curated experience. They did the same thing in KM (what's that? you don't want nok-nok in your party? of course you do!) I'm wondering if it's a cultural difference or if they just aren't very good at this.

With that said, I have, without remorse, installed Toybox to get around that wrinkle for this playthrough (as the aforementioned quest is quasi-required for a certain ending that I am trying to get). I think in subsequent playthroughs, I'm just going to accept that some mysteries are better left unsolved.

Re: the economy; I had the same problem in my last playthrough, so became much more aggressive with how I converted currency for crusade management this time around. Still ended up with almost 1m going into the final quest.

52 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Agreed. Owlcat seems very interested in forcing the player into their curated experience. They did the same thing in KM (what's that? you don't want nok-nok in your party? of course you do!) I'm wondering if it's a cultural difference or if they just aren't very good at this.

With that said, I have, without remorse, installed Toybox to get around that wrinkle for this playthrough (as the aforementioned quest is quasi-required for a certain ending that I am trying to get). I think in subsequent playthroughs, I'm just going to accept that some mysteries are better left unsolved.

Re: the economy; I had the same problem in my last playthrough, so became much more aggressive with how I converted currency for crusade management this time around. Still ended up with almost 1m going into the final quest.

owlcat seems tobe just bad at design level

mostly due to format of crpg and ambition

the late game of wotr are worse than kingmaker somehow

hope next few dlc and patchs can improve something

Apparently they don't have time to fix class bugs, but they have time to make the encounters in act VI harder

• Gasp! 1

10 hours ago, Gromnir said:

regardless, am kinda wanting to do an aeon judge inquisitor. might even go the crossbow route.

Might want to hold off on that. Currently no button to execute Sentence/Greater Sentence :(

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

Apparently they don't have time to fix class bugs, but they have time to make the encounters in act VI harder

I take it the Skald is still broken?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

23 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

I take it the Skald is still broken?

Haven't played around with skalds yet :(

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1