Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Part 2

Amentep

54 minutes ago, Sarex said:

BG1 definitely felt sparse and empty and I ranked it second to last of the IE games.

@Gromnir Deadfire showed that all the people who tried PoE were not interested in the sequel. Kingmaker had an atrocious release, where it was almost unplayable, so it makes sense that the sales came in when the game was in a more playable state. As I said WoR will be a good indicator of the popularity of Owlcats game.

As for the whole spiritual successor/homage deal you seem to be stuck on, they did in fact name drop all the IE games and did nothing during the kickstarter to mange expectations, they only started after the funding was finished with the kickstarter updates.

Had no luck in finding it, but there was a video in a limo where Feargus pitches the game to publishers and gets laughed at, it was essentially the announcement of the PoE kickstarter, I'm pretty sure they talked about the IE games in there.

am not sure how many ways a person can be wrong, but perhaps you are trying to break records.

1) am thinking is arguable, and we agree, deadfire sales made apparent some poe purchasers were not interested in the sequel.

not all. clear not all. most sequels undersell the original title, but obsidian observed how larian spent much more on the development o' their d:os sequel and managed to attract a bigger audience, so obsidan believed they were capable o' the same feat. mistake.

possibly just a grammar fail by sarex with the "all"? wrong nevertheless. again, the deadfire fig campaign garnered more money than wotr kickstarter. is a safe bet many o' those fig backers for deadfire were looking forward to a sequel. duh.

2) you were the one who brought up spiritual successor, in spite o' fact obsidian never made such a claim.

in spite o' being corrected 'bout the misrepresentation, you are returning to spiritual successor? who is stuck? however, since you insist...

3) the poe kickstarter notably did NOT mention bg2. 

so, wrong again. can check for yourself. however, obsidian went one step further and in an effort to manage expectations, distinguished bg2 specific via developer feedback. pointed out how seeing as bg2 were a sequel which had benefited from the contributions and additions o' multiple previous ie game developments, and recognizing poe would be the firstest game o' a new ip, comparisons to bg2 were unfair and unreasonable. most assured not bg2. 

4) your syllogism is lacking.

wotr sales will not change kingmaker sales. period. regardless, situations is much different for wotr compared to deadfire. you got a curious anticipatory confirmation bias all ready and waiting, but is not supported or convincing. 

5) good luck finding the video

as already noted, your memory is suspect. no bg2. no spiritual successor. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps misspelled larian. weird

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just now, Sarex said:

did you post to prove us right?

no spiritual successor. no bg2. 

you are objective terrible at this.

so is clear, there is absolute nothing wrong with preferring kingmaker and wotr to poe and deadfire. am not sure if is still the case, but for a time, pathfinder were the most popular pnp rpg system, eclipsing d&d by a fair amount.  people like pathfinder and d&d legacy. we also observed how in spite o' our opinion 'bout kingdom management in kingmaker and the buginess o' the title, the appeal and potential o' the title were not lost on us. there were plenty o' reasons why people could enjoy kingmaker more than poe or deadfire.

however, multiple sarex observations is just objective wrong and/or misleading. the one million sales bit w/o recognizing the publisher announced after the 600k worth o' bundled sales? spiritual successor silliness?  bg2?

serious, why post image which confirms you are wrong on multiple points?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

11 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

just realized didn't find a goblin npc in the game all the way to act 5

unacceptable level of negligence for a game based on paizo product

well, to be fair, am not recalling any goblins in the original paizo product. oversight?  had all kinda wacky mythic half-fiend whatevers and even a cr 17 quasit assassin, but am unable to immediate recollect a goblin npc in the pnp wotr ap.

HA! Good Fun! 

5 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

well, to be fair, am not recalling any goblins in the original paizo product. oversight?  had all kinda wacky mythic half-fiend whatevers and even a cr 17 quasit assassin, but am unable to immediate recollect a goblin npc in the pnp wotr ap.

HA! Good Fun! 

didn't remember a goblin in advanture path too

but that was early day of 1e

player can choose boring stuff like oread or dhampir but no goblin

even that chair stealing goblin merchant didn't make into the game but skeleton merchant did

46 minutes ago, Sarex said:

:)

you put "spiritual successor" in quotes, so unless you were being sardonic, find it.

no?

ok then, 'ccording to the sales pitch, which game is poe s'posed the spiritual successor to? is obvious impossible to be the spiritual successor to three distinct games (again, no mention o' bg2) so which game: bg, iwd, or ps:t? can draw inspiration from multiple games. can do homage to multiple games. but which game is obsidian claiming poe would be the spiritual successor based on your curious reading o' kickstarter advertising?

so quotes is clear wrong. no bg2 and am betting you can't even define spiritual successor specific enough it would make possible to criticize obsidian for failing to achieve such a not-stated goal.

add in the misleading sales numbers and so far am looking for anything you might be objective correct 'bout in recent posts.

terrible.

HA! Good Fun!

Question to the Pathfinder system experts if I may: say I want to tell gods to stuff it and go Legend. What class has best passives to go with the grenadier? Does ranger's favored enemy or slayer's study target benefit bombs any? Or should I just pick bard, open with "tralala" and then bombs as usual? Google tells me nothing. :shrugz:

13 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Question to the Pathfinder system experts if I may: say I want to tell gods to stuff it and go Legend. What class has best passives to go with the grenadier? Does ranger's favored enemy or slayer's study target benefit bombs any? Or should I just pick bard, open with "tralala" and then bombs as usual? Google tells me nothing. :shrugz:

I'll have to see how it works in WotR, but Studied Target and Sneak Attack should work with bombs as they are attack rolls. So if you're just looking to passively boost your bomb throwing, Slayer is the way to go for more bab and saves. It fits with your attributes to boot.

Bard could be a good fit, but you're looking at some MAD issues. One of the 9th level Int casters would work better, though I imagine 1st level spells late game with low caster level would be lame.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, bugarup said:

four levels (at least) o' rogue underground chemist is kinda the obvious synergy for multiclassing a bomber type alchemist, but we hadn't considered twenty levels via legend.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

Not as interested in mechanical differences, but how do the Azata and Trickster compare in terms of story or theme?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

33 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Not as interested in mechanical differences, but how do the Azata and Trickster compare in terms of story or theme?

I heard trickster being compared to the lantern king.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

25 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I heard trickster being compared to the lantern king.

I heard that too as well as

Your patron is the Demon Lord of the Incubus. And you can romance him.

1 minute ago, InsaneCommander said:

saves.png

Fixed just in time! That Last Azlanti competiition would be on an entirely different level though.

They still haven't fixed that ****. I almost quit my Kingmaker playthrough because the fog levels kept eating my saves...

• Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I have only played Azata through chapter 4 of the beta and maybe I played half of chapter 3 with Trickster and the best way I'd describe the difference is CG mostly concerned with good (Azata) vs CN with more of a focus on chaos rather than morality (Trickster).

That's the most spoiler free way I can describe it.

Spoiler

Yes, the path mentor for Trickster is a demon lord, Socothbenoth, but you also hang out with Shyka so it's not all bad.

Azata mentor is even more spoilery so I'll see if I can double spoiler it

Spoiler

You get an Azata named Early Sunset who may not be what he seems

Spoiler

He's really Mephistopheles in disguise and Azata is one of 2 paths (the other is Aeon) that lead the the Devil mythic.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

14 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

saves.png

Fixed just in time! That Last Azlanti competiition would be on an entirely different level though.

reloaded a late chap 3 save to see if crusade were fixed for us.

we did get a sudden upgrade to logistics score, and a couple folks showed up in the citadel to offer us new decree objectives as if they had been bottlenecked and prevented from doing so. unfortunate, still no option to improve a fort to bastion and we cannot upgrade multiple relics in spite o' having no other diplomacy decrees being addressed and regardless o' fulfilling all prereqs. 

on the maybe positive side, in spite o' our curious angel mythic path quirk bug wherein a quest completed but were marked as us having failed to save a particular personage, she is present in the abyss and behaving as expected in chapter four, so am just gonna forge ahead and hope a few crusade bugs get fixed before we return to drezen. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

cloaks were suffering a visual bug whereby they would stretch into infinity.

H! Good Fun!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gromnir said:

cloaks were suffering a visual bug whereby they would stretch into infinity.

H! Good Fun!

Wings too. Hoping they fixed those as well

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

29 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Wings too. Hoping they fixed those as well

is anecdotal, but we finished the chap 4 woljif companion quest earlier today. we had given woljif wings for the ac bonus. no visual quirks from cloaks or wings... so far.

HA! Good Fun!

19 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

is anecdotal, but we finished the chap 4 woljif companion quest earlier today. we had given woljif wings for the ac bonus. no visual quirks from cloaks or wings... so far.

HA! Good Fun!

Started my 2nd playthrough last night. Cloaks have been behaving thus far. Won’t know about wings for a bit.

Hoping the next patch will start to address broken feats, items, abilities a little more aggressively. The visual stuff sucks, but is an annoying more than anything else.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."