Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Part 2

Amentep

35 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Sorry Nenio, your final quest isn't happening this run. That place is a slog.

Anyways, I'm approaching the end of the game unless it pulls a Kingmaker and has a hidden half act.

that maze is awful

final boss didn't even drop much interesting item

Omg one thing I noticed about romances was how similar Lann's was to Casavir's from NWN2. The difference is the latter was written by someone who hated this type of content with the sole purpose of making it as unpleasant as possible, and Lann's is 100% legit. He literally says at one point "Let me protect you", "stay behind me during combat". First of all, what the hell? Second of all, buddy, you're an ARCHER. Calm down. 

At some point you get to talk about kids and if you choose the "grr kids bad" dialogue option, the game will keep triggering this exact same conversation until you say something else. Lol.

Pretty basic overall but some parts were mighty weird.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Sorry Nenio, your final quest isn't happening this run. That place is a slog.

Anyways, I'm approaching the end of the game unless it pulls a Kingmaker and has a hidden half act.

My game bugged out and characters were moving through walls, if not for that and the guides I would never finish this quest, and Nenio is my favourite companion mind you.

Edited by bitchmartyr

7 hours ago, Gromnir said:

with the crusade, 'cause the rules is hidden, am not even certain what is busted. we no longer get a prompt to upgrade forts to bastions. is this a bug or is there a max number o' bastions for logistics five? we got a fortress upgrade option and from the patch notes am now suspecting such were a bug. am also thinking that were the point we stopped getting fort-->bastion decrees.

our current run is likely borked in multiple different ways and am not actual expecting retroactive fixes. might need to reload a save from the start o' chapter three.

HA! Good Fun!

So far as I could tell, there was a bit of a hold over from KM; x number of forts unlocks a bastion, y number of bastions unlocks a fortress.

If memory serves, I think I had three bastions and one fortress at the end of act 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

3 hours ago, bitchmartyr said:

buddy, you're an ARCHER. Calm down.

Have you looked at his AC?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

45 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Have you looked at his AC?

have not seen it mentioned in patch notes, but as far as we know, ranged weapons, when mounted, is not functioning in tb mode. am mmaking this observation 'cause were our intention to stick lann on a dog and have him rush forward into melee range and snap shot the stuffing outta everything. with excellent ac, lann is an ideal frontline archer.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Man I'm glad I'm waiting at least six months before giving this a go.

• Haha 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Man I'm glad I'm waiting at least six months before giving this a go.

It seems to be an improvement over the previous game, so that is good at least.

• Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

8 minutes ago, Sarex said:

It seems to be an improvement over the previous game, so that is good at least.

Damming with faint praise I see. 

55 DC is insane. For laughs I looked up CR 30 creatures from PnP (who typically have mythic stuff already) and a lot of them couldn't even make those saves. You'd have to munchkin to a crazy degree or outright cheat to be able to reliably survive that.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

12 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

They did some neat things, looking forward to playing it myself. Although I dislike that they severed some of the mythic paths from the true ending, especially the legend path (I wanted to play that one)... although I guess it kind of makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

They did some neat things, looking forward to playing it myself. Although I dislike that they severed some of the mythic paths from the true ending, especially the legend path (I wanted to play that one)... although I guess it kind of makes sense.

Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to playing it....after they fix the game to actually work. Personally I'm torn between Azata or Trickster.

Probably one of the biggest mistakes is not having Legend be a starting path. Being able to reject becoming a mythic creature at the beginning would be nice.

7 hours ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

55 DC is insane. For laughs I looked up CR 30 creatures from PnP (who typically have mythic stuff already) and a lot of them couldn't even make those saves. You'd have to munchkin to a crazy degree or outright cheat to be able to reliably survive that.

cr 30 usually have 35 to 40 hd

the stat bloat owlcat use to combat overpowered mythic are completely disintegrating game system at high level

Edited by uuuhhii

2 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

the stat bloat owlcat use to combat overpowered mythic are completely disintegrating game system at high level

This seems to be some kind of cultural thing. I could be wrong, of course, but that's what I'm inclined to think.

I cannot comment on WotR, but P:K also had stats bloated to a ridiculous extent. The game also cheated against the player quite a lot. This was mean-spirited, ungenerous and completely uncalled for. Now, my question to you all is: have you seen anything similar in any other cRPGs anywhere? I have not. Games should be neutral, but to the extent that they divert from neutral, they tend to divert so that the benefit is on the player. P:K's approach was totally the opposite.

10 hours ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to playing it....after they fix the game to actually work. Personally I'm torn between Azata or Trickster.

Probably one of the biggest mistakes is not having Legend be a starting path. Being able to reject becoming a mythic creature at the beginning would be nice.

It would be too overpowered as it significantly boosts your XP gain and doubles you level cap.

But I agree from a RP aspect I would have liked to take that path from the start... I'll probably go Aeon, as I heard it has the best interactions, but only if I figure out what the renegade counter is.

Edited by Sarex

39 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

This seems to be some kind of cultural thing. I could be wrong, of course, but that's what I'm inclined to think.

I cannot comment on WotR, but P:K also had stats bloated to a ridiculous extent. The game also cheated against the player quite a lot. This was mean-spirited, ungenerous and completely uncalled for. Now, my question to you all is: have you seen anything similar in any other cRPGs anywhere? I have not. Games should be neutral, but to the extent that they divert from neutral, they tend to divert so that the benefit is on the player. P:K's approach was totally the opposite.

pathfinder 1e already breaking apart after 10 years of random patchs

paizo really need to start making game with 2e rule

On 9/18/2021 at 5:19 AM, bitchmartyr said:

Omg one thing I noticed about romances was how similar Lann's was to Casavir's from NWN2. The difference is the latter was written by someone who hated this type of content with the sole purpose of making it as unpleasant as possible, and Lann's is 100% legit. He literally says at one point "Let me protect you", "stay behind me during combat". First of all, what the hell? Second of all, buddy, you're an ARCHER. Calm down. 

At some point you get to talk about kids and if you choose the "grr kids bad" dialogue option, the game will keep triggering this exact same conversation until you say something else. Lol.

Pretty basic overall but some parts were mighty weird.

The most important question about Romance in RPG  is are their aesthetically pleasing companions ( translates  to being hot )  that you want to Romance and are they interesting with their companion quests and personal views ?

Those are always the most important factors when I pursue optional Romance arcs 💞

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

cr 30 usually have 35 to 40 hd

I bet. And you're not even playing on the difficulty where they crank up stats.

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

It would be too overpowered as it significantly boosts your XP gain and doubles you level cap.

But I agree from a RP aspect I would have liked to take that path from the start... I'll probably go Aeon, as I heard it has the best interactions, but only if I figure out what the renegade counter is.

I think all of the mythic paths are potentially OP, but it is more from a RP perspective.

7 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

What do you mean by cheating? What does the game do?

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

u1r11g6vgjo71.png

Massive number bloat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

There are several instances where the game just stacks the odds against you in ways that you absolutely cannot prepare for. This means you almost certainly have to reload a save and then find a workaround.

One notable example is the encounter with the nymph at Verdant Chambers. You can safely enter the courtyard, but once you speak with the nymph, you cannot really leave, because a trap and a dangerous (but immobile!) monster have appeared out of nowhere into the path you just walked ten seconds ago. When this happens, you are quite likely to die. Then, you just have to reload a save and find another way.

There are also several encounters where new monsters just keep teleporting into the battle in ways and into places you cannot prepare for. There is no way these monsters can teleport themselves, and there is also no way there's some creature teleporting them into the battle. It just happens.

There is at least one lair of creatures where you can make sure that certain spaces are empty of monsters, but when you travel further, monsters have suddenly appeared into places that were empty a second before, and this way you can suddenly be attacked from both sides.

This is just mean-spirited in my book. In PnP, a GM who did this would lose his or her players in a hurry and wouldn't get them back.

52 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

There are several instances where the game just stacks the odds against you in ways that you absolutely cannot prepare for. This means you almost certainly have to reload a save and then find a workaround.

One notable example is the encounter with the nymph at Verdant Chambers. You can safely enter the courtyard, but once you speak with the nymph, you cannot really leave, because a trap and a dangerous (but immobile!) monster have appeared out of nowhere into the path you just walked ten seconds ago. When this happens, you are quite likely to die. Then, you just have to reload a save and find another way.

There are also several encounters where new monsters just keep teleporting into the battle in ways and into places you cannot prepare for. There is no way these monsters can teleport themselves, and there is also no way there's some creature teleporting them into the battle. It just happens.

There is at least one lair of creatures where you can make sure that certain spaces are empty of monsters, but when you travel further, monsters have suddenly appeared into places that were empty a second before, and this way you can suddenly be attacked from both sides.

This is just mean-spirited in my book. In PnP, a GM who did this would lose his or her players in a hurry and wouldn't get them back.

Josh Sawyer was a big advocate of this, and with his anti meta gaming push made it so that PoE had no memorable fighting encounter of note.

• Like 1