the real problem with coop and how the devs might fix it

Hello Players, Devs or w/e it is that reads this

and i hope i´m posting this on the right site and platform so the Devs can solve the following issue.  i´m no english speaker so i´m sorry for the following and i hope you survive reading this. 

I want to lend emphasis on this topic by saying i normally dont really report any bugs in video games because i always think "someone else will do it" and no hate but i think that the people reporting the coop problem have sometimes searched for excuses why there are this huge lags.

there was someone saying something on the lines of "be the change that you wish for the world" so i wanna show you my view on the huge lags that occur and when they occur and the "big explosions" (how i call them). 

so i attached 2 jpg to this thread and i hope you can see it. i try to explain. 

let be start by saying it is no hardware problem related to the lags. i played on a gaming notebook with 1080 gtx and now i´m playing on a  nvidia 3080 gaming computer. still laggs. my brother played with a 1080 gaming pc and with 980 now because the 1080 died. he got no lags. while i have way way way better hardware. so why is that so. on the grounded1 jpg you see my brothers view to our base. 

grounded1.jpg.d9e9bad5b79d39c942683298b2c402c2.jpggrounded2.jpg.45e64b749bf006f81b5ca1e051b4b8b8.jpg

on the grounded2 jpg you see my view a completely different one. not because he is 3rd and i´m 1st person here. He can see our base from anywhere. While on my end i can only see the can (?) from here. i cant really meassure it but i felt like the base is only loading if i get close to 80cm to it. and here lies the real problem. the bigger the building the bigger the problem. if multiple buildings on the map 

-> multiple problems.  

what normally happens if u build a base is that u take the resources from exactly the point where u wanna build your base and the bigger the base gets the further u have to run to get resources. if u reach that (i assume) 80cm range and u start to chop the gras there and you switch between the "loaded" and the "unloaded" area the  "red zone of base loaded or not loaded". the gras there will get buggy as hell. sometimes it gets invisible and a view days later its back (and i´m talking about the gras plates), then there is this huge explosion sound sometimes. some gras plates are for me unable to be picked up. its a laggy and buggy mess. 

I have no game development experience or sth like that and i´m not an it nerd but even after my 4 years of service and only dealing with other soldiers and weapons and my brain getting damaged from all the stupidity there i think the answer why i´m lagging with a 2 week old gaming computer and my brother with his stoneage graphic card is not is  that he is the HOST and i´m not. The host doesnt receive lag nope. but i´m. why? because he is the host. and from my observation it feels like (and only the devs can answer) that he is the savegame holder and every move that is done in the game world is directly saved on his pc while i´m  loading his map somewhere in the internet and everytime i get 80cm to something we build its getting reloaded from somewhere. 

i hope that the devs can even change this because if not its getting dark. i hope from a Dev standpoint it is just like "ah ok thats the problem then we do X". i hope this is no huge problem that needs so many resources or destroys the whole game if being fixed and going down the rabbit hole with alice. 

We need a technical change that makes it so i dont have to reload all of our buildings as second or third or fourth mate. And BTW we played grounded the last time when there was a free weekend its maybe 1 year ago? i dont know but the problem was present there and it is present now. its not new its not since the last patch or sth its the exact same feeling. at some point when we had huge buildings and ziplanes back then. the game became unplayable. now i have hug ass pc that can maybe just maybe compensate. the problem is you shouldnt need nvidia 3080 + 12x3,8ghz to  run grounded. and the lags are comming back we are just coping with it differently. not the hugest base rather smaller outposts. but we want to build a big base so please fix it or atleast talk to me that you already know about it (if you already know about it). if not atleast tell me that you are looking into it.

the problem is i will most likely only look into this thread today and tomorrow. my job here is done. i told you all i know about the coop lags. if you use this information i dont know. i´m sitting here for half and hour writing this text. i want to play. not to report problems. I did it and now i have fulfilled my oath. 

greetings

racenbackstar

HI, just wanted to add that lag is usually related to a network issue, not a video card issue. If you are talking about low frame rates....that's different than lag and is cause by bottlenecks in the cpu/gpu pathway. There's more to it than that, but that's the 'layman's version'. Also, you don't need a 3080 to run GROUNDED.....i have a gt 730 and it runs just fine for me. What you mentioned about your bro being the HOST...that may have something to do with it however. But like you mentioned, that's something better left to the devs. Hoping for the best for you and everyone with similar issues.

15 minutes ago, JayBlaze said:

HI, just wanted to add that lag is usually related to a network issue, not a video card issue. If you are talking about low frame rates....that's different than lag and is cause by bottlenecks in the cpu/gpu pathway. There's more to it than that, but that's the 'layman's version'. Also, you don't need a 3080 to run GROUNDED.....i have a gt 730 and it runs just fine for me. What you mentioned about your bro being the HOST...that may have something to do with it however. But like you mentioned, that's something better left to the devs. Hoping for the best for you and everyone with similar issues.

Ye i think the biggest problem ist that he can see all the buildings from far away and i always load them when i get to the 80cm range. the faster i enter that range the worse it is. as soon as it finished the loading its ok. but the problem lies within the 80cm range. if i want to work with things in that range or build something that is 80cm from a huge building it is really no pleassure to play. maybe its a network issue i dont know but i dont know if network issues have something to do with the loading of the building at the 80cm range. because the game runs perfectly if we dont have buildings on the map or we are in areas without buildings or if the building is already loaded. we havent build such big buildings that in itself are in a circle bigger than 80cm but i guess that would kill it (it killed our savegame 1 year ago, for me atleast).