Did they briefly show gameplay at the end of the trailer?

Staffy

So the trailer from last year begins with what is clearly a cinematic and at the end of the video the camera has completely changed to first person, we see the hands moving too. 

I immediately thought this was a super brief glimpse of how it looks in-game. But has anything ever been said about this? It sure looked great.

Man I can't wait to see what they got for us, Obsidian after E3 said the team was working on something for the fans and it would be coming soon.

I don't think there's been much conversation about the first-person sequence in the trailer because it seemed fairly unlikely that last year the game could possibly be too far along.  It may include elements they're considering (glowing runeswords, fancy casting animations, etc...), but the general consensus is that the trailer is CGI from end-to-end.

It's been really hard to interpret "coming soon" statements these days.  Most of those happened before a string of California wildfires forced evacuations, and were back during simpler times when everyone still hoped COVID would burn out during the summer of 2020.

[Also, welcome to the forums!]

5 hours ago, Ethics Gradient said:

I don't think there's been much conversation about the first-person sequence in the trailer because it seemed fairly unlikely that last year the game could possibly be too far along.  It may include elements they're considering (glowing runeswords, fancy casting animations, etc...), but the general consensus is that the trailer is CGI from end-to-end.

It's been really hard to interpret "coming soon" statements these days.  Most of those happened before a string of California wildfires forced evacuations, and were back during simpler times when everyone still hoped COVID would burn out during the summer of 2020.

[Also, welcome to the forums!]

The coming soon bit was this year, right after the E3 show. I believe Uruquart said it. I am holding out hope for a presence at The game Awards. 

On 9/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, Staffy said:

So the trailer from last year begins with what is clearly a cinematic and at the end of the video the camera has completely changed to first person, we see the hands moving too. 

I immediately thought this was a super brief glimpse of how it looks in-game. But has anything ever been said about this? It sure looked great.

I am pretty convinced that's it's still part of CGI trailer, aiming to hint as to what gameplay we can expect, but not showing gameplay itself. Even if it was done using some existing assets, it wouldn't be representative of the final product considering how early in development the game was at the time.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Thanks 1