Finally completed the game for the first time. Have a bunch of questions.

Massive spoilers obviously 😛  

1) Dereo, the crime boss in delver's row. Seemed pretty obsessed with the mural and finding Okaizo. Despite that, there was never any more dialogue with him regarding it as the main quest progressed towards that. I went back multiple times and checked. Why is it that Dereo, the pirate / crimelord so obsessed with finding that stuff - is the one least interested in it? Did I miss something? 

2) I went for principe furrante ending. I did a lot of back and forth and scratching my head, as I seemed unable to find a way to unite the old bloods and the new bloods. I wanted to unite the pirates - but is that even possible? Seems you are forced to take a side on this?

3) There is a place where I encountered a crazy woman with some kind of "storm book", asking if Arkemyr sent us. But after doing his mission at the observatory he never gives you any more quests. So is this woman just referencing him as a part of the world building? Or did I miss a quest? Also on Arkemyr - I asked to join the college but he said no because I robbed his house. Is there a way to join or is our question to do so just a conversation option?

4) What in your opinion is the "good" ending for the watershaper guild? I released the dragon because it felt wrong to imprison it. 

5) Speaking of imprisonment. This isn't a question, just a statement. It's kinda sad that Obsidian, being so good at writing and dialogue. Making gray characters... failed with the slavers. Why make the slavers so one dimensionally evil? You did great in this game humanizing pirates, what made the writers mess up with gray area and humanizing the slavers? Sad to experience that a sort of "moral judgement" from the writers was (maybe unconsciously) making them one dimensional. You made Benweth a complex personality. Cold blooded back stabbing killer. But also has a love for music and cheering up his men. Even a ghost saying Benweth isn't so bad. Why wasn't there a counter-weight to the slavers here? Humanizing all people is ok unless they are slavers feels like a failure of imagination and understanding of human nature imo.

6) I murdered everyone at the brass citadel, killed the queen of neketaka, and butchered the entire vailian trading company. Then went with pirate ending, and eothas destroys the wheel but uses his energy to inspire people to invent solutions. I felt it kinda ... weird. That something THIS significant isn't even mentioned in the ending. 

7) I sacrificed Teheku to Skaen. Gutted that fish real good. And no one reacts to this? The entire game world acts as if he never existed. Felt kinda weird, just an observation.

FINAL NOTE: I ****ing love this game. Well written. Love the characters, the story and the world. A more direct communication with the gods was very fascinating and fun, huge pay-off imo for having played the first game. Deadfire was a mastercraft imo. Loved it. I never gave it a chance because I hate pirates, sea and boats. Making me do a 180 on that is one hell of an achievement because I stubbornly dislike and hate stuff passionately. Which isn't a good thing I know. Just so well executed.  

Do I have more questions? Mmm... yeah kinda wondering what the mutiny triggers are? I know Serafen is selling out his friend, Maia you just need to slaughter the brass citadel, Pallegina kill one of the vailian families. But I never discovered what the mutiny triggers were for Teheku, Lantern-woman, Eder and Aloth. 

Can't wait to replay this game 10 times. Crazy replayability imo. At least 2-3 more playthroughs I think. 

• Like 2

1) I believe Dereo said at some point that he was searching the mosaic because "someone else would be grateful". I thought it was more about money or influence for him than really about Ukaizo.

4) I siphoned part of the dragon's soul. I don't know if that's "good" - it's a compromise, setting the dragon free but buying the watershapers time to figure it out.

To your other questions I have no answers, except that I love the game too 😉

• Like 2

On 9/4/2021 at 2:24 AM, Ouroboros226 said:

3) There is a place where I encountered a crazy woman with some kind of "storm book", asking if Arkemyr sent us. But after doing his mission at the observatory he never gives you any more quests. So is this woman just referencing him as a part of the world building? Or did I miss a quest? Also on Arkemyr - I asked to join the college but he said no because I robbed his house. Is there a way to join or is our question to do so just a conversation option?

Your world building guess regarding the Book of Storms is the same as mine. You can't join the Circle.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

On 9/7/2021 at 5:57 AM, omgFIREBALLS said:

Your world building guess regarding the Book of Storms is the same as mine. You can't join the Circle.

You indeed can't join the circle, but you can mention it again as a wizard to Llengrath in FS ... (which is a great DLC btw). It sounded like a set up for an eventual POE3, which I really hope happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dukeisaac said:

You indeed can't join the circle, but you can mention it again as a wizard to Llengrath in FS ... (which is a great DLC btw). It sounded like a set up for an eventual POE3, which I really hope happens.

Ah got it :) Is that the DLC with the laser you have to avoid and mobs which are super lethal? Under wael labor.? I went here feeling my party was invincible, and just got destroyed. 

• Thanks 1