Did I mess up something now? I think I accidentally found the endgame area.

I still haven't completed the game, and I'm In a relative new one (altoholic / rerolleritis extreme). I did port Maje and went to Neketaka and did some quest, and thought I'd explore a bit. Well... big mistake...  

MAJOR SPOILERS I THINK - NOTE: PLEASE DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING EITHER - I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THIS MESSES UP STUFF LIKE QUESTS ETC.

I saw some black lands and tried to approach a settlement, and in the background is none other than friggin EOTHAS by an adra pillar! I did not intend to accidentally find him. I haven't even started on the main quest chain. But I walk up on the bridge and wtf - that's him... and now I managed to spoil myself if this is relevant later - that giants worshipping Magran live here. I wanted to stick my toe into the water and went a bit further. Talked myself past some giants. Then I got wiped in like 6 seconds by a bunch of dragons. 

This kinda sucked. I mean... I instantly quit the game and I'm considering restarting again and deleting my character. I think I might have found the endgame area by complete accident at low level. Will this mess up my quests and stuff? 

No, you just skipped some conversations

, meaning some video conferences with Eothas and the other gods

you were supposed to do first while following his footsteps (so to speak). But as far as I know nothing you did/see breaks the game/main quest line. You can go back and do something else and later return and he will still be there waiting for you (and then it all will make more sense).

Obsidian should have made sure that you can't enter Ashen Maw accidentally before the time is right - with a hard lock and not a soft one (Rathûn patrolling around). That's not too cool but I think nothing is kaputt. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods