A couple of not really big notes about Moonwell, but might be useful to someone. Part of it may be obvious, but I only discovered the ramifications of some of it only recently.

1. There's actually two separate effects, the defense boosting one, and the healing one. The healing one acts like consecrated ground, which glows up an area and periodically ticks for healing. The defense boost is a one-shot that only impacts the people who were in the area of moonwell at the moment it was cast.
    1. This means you can actually stack the healing! I thought it was like the other druid spells like the moon's light, where it's a one-shot DoT. But no, between scrolls and a couple of casts you can give yourself immense healing.
  2. The defense boost (not the healing) is tagged as counterable by fire. Getting hit by a fire effect (or if you have a fire buff somehow re-applied ot you) will cancel the effect, but you still can get healed since it's a separate.

The last one turned out to be some minor tech for myself in my last run. All of dorudugan's big attacks (other than auto-attack) are fire tagged. If you have a source of resource regen for a druid, you can spare yourself a bunch of headaches by just repeatedly casting moonwell on yourself. It won't save you from multiple powerful fire attacks (e.g. multiple fireballs, multiple ground explosions), but gives you a huge amount of room for error, since countering a fire attack means sparing yourself hundreds of damage. Plus you get the healing while you're standing still.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, thelee said:

This means you can actually stack the healing! I thought it was like the other druid spells like the moon's light, where it's a one-shot DoT. But no, between scrolls and a couple of casts you can give yourself immense healing.

Thanks @thelee! Never thought about stacking it in my recent Sorcerer run. If you give yourself Brilliant (e.g. with Wit of Death Herald) and if you use WoD, it means that you can match or maybe surpass a Battlemage in terms of self-healing, only you also heal all friendlies around! (Unless you're getting pummeled by Fire counters).

Too bad the +DEF effect is totally separate - I had noticed that and funnily, it also can't be prolonged with WoD and I suspect with SoT too. It's a totally separate once-off.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1