Math mechanics with decimal numbers in healing spells

If you play a herald with the 1H/1s and the paladin aura for 3H/3s, how are these treated differently? Because they both average out to 1H per 1s. Is one more powerful than the other? Also in regards to the ancient memory 1H/1s. Does this mean I would need +100% healing for it to become 2H/1s? or does it get rounded up if it passes 1.5 multiplier? 

I'm basically just wondering how the game calculates small numbers in terms of rounding and such for the sake of healing, especially in cases where the healing is so small that decimals are important if applied in X way or form. 

For example, if I want a Herald character to perform a role as off-tank which doesn't need might stat. But have their secondary role be supplement healing through ancient memory, would Might then be relevant if it can push it to 2H/1s, or would you need +100% for it to go from 1-2 per sec?  

Edited by Ouroboros226

I think the games applies standard rounding for the purpose of displaying numbers in-game (without decimal points) but does its actual calcuations/effects with a decimal point.

Net to your core question, if you're a primary tank / secondary healer you probably don't need to invest in MIG and you can focus on other stats: keep in mind that to increase healing effectiveness, as a Herald you can pick Mercy & Kindness (+50% Healing done - party wide aura!), Practiced Healer (+15% Healing done) maybe even wear the Footprints of Ahu Taka (+10% Healing Done). And that's already a lot more impact on your healing that your MIG score can ever affect.

Oh and if we're talking about your MC, if you are playing no-rest, get Dawnstar's Blessing from Waenglith: another +50% Healing done for the Watcher!

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1