Necessities

The compass update for the scab should be a free upgrade burgle provides when you upright him. Really no reason not to have the direction on the interface.

As far as the minimap goes that kind goes against the survival aspect of the game. Your supposed to be using the landmarks of the game for navigation not having it provided to you as a screen overlay

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

Though I will say if the scab projected the minimap ala dead space HUD. That display was the best non immersion breaking minimap I have seen in a game. As it makes you have to stop for it but also let's the environment interact with you

R (1).gif

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

2 hours ago, ScritchOwl said:

Though I will say if the scab projected the minimap ala dead space HUD. That display was the best non immersion breaking minimap I have seen in a game. As it makes you have to stop for it but also let's the environment interact with you

R (1).gif

I was thinking more of a DBZ but it links to your scab and it doesn't look too out of place, and you have to pull it out instead of it being binded onto your HUD

69deb2458bf9e88201cd799497d64c5d.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like too many things on HUD as well because it kinda breaks the immersion, but if it can be smartly implemented where it meshes well with mechanics and story that's well done in my books. I just got back into this game after not playing for 3-4 months and I am hooked. xD

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 9:34 PM, Lynxpox said:

I don't like too many things on HUD as well because it kinda breaks the immersion, but if it can be smartly implemented where it meshes well with mechanics and story that's well done in my books. I just got back into this game after not playing for 3-4 months and I am hooked. xD

If it is implemented it should be toggle-able. But I don't know how much help and minimap would be. It shouldn't include blips representing mobs or blips representing Raw Science or scabs because that would definitely take away from the survival/exploration aspect of the game, but if it doesn't include those then there isn't really a point to the minimap. The map features that you could show in a small minimap would not be of any help really. Like oh, there's grass 50cm north of me, I would have never noticed if not for the minimap. A compass though would be fantastic. I find myself pulling up the map and trying to orient myself pretty regularly and even then I still have to double check halfway through my trip that I'm indeed still heading NNW or SE or whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Btveron said:

If it is implemented it should be toggle-able. But I don't know how much help and minimap would be. It shouldn't include blips representing mobs or blips representing Raw Science or scabs because that would definitely take away from the survival/exploration aspect of the game, but if it doesn't include those then there isn't really a point to the minimap. The map features that you could show in a small minimap would not be of any help really. Like oh, there's grass 50cm north of me, I would have never noticed if not for the minimap. A compass though would be fantastic. I find myself pulling up the map and trying to orient myself pretty regularly and even then I still have to double check halfway through my trip that I'm indeed still heading NNW or SE or whatever.

I agree, the compass would be great. I have the same problem sometimes heading towards a completely wrong direction. I now understand why people can easily get lost in a forest.