Zip line upgrades

My wife suggested these.

Baskets that can be attached to zip lines so you can send inventory level items this way you can continue exploring after a berry or clay harvest trip.

Bug basket. A cute little basket that your pet can ride with you on a Zipline with. Bonus if aphids make death screams from going too fast but aren't hurt of course

• Like 3

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

I'd be okay with a little platform that could hold a storage chest, or a pallet (stems or grass planks)...

I also think we should be able to upgrade to the cool mechanical-looking zipline anchors in the hedge lab, but they should be motorized, allowing travel either way.

• 1 year later...

Let's take that a little further and have horizontal zip lines that you attach pallets to that can carry both plank and weed stems . you can create tall towers with the stem frames and put the zip line anchors on top and then with the vertical lift suggested in another forum post you could lift a pallet of stems or posts to the top of the tower then transfer the stems/planks to the horizontal sky crane pallet and send it across the map to your build site. it would still take time as you would have to build the towers and attach the zip lines. if you wanted to add difficulty choose a bug that would need to be tamed and harnessed to the motor to run the zip line. I am thinking Lady bug/ bird or Ox beetle. you would need to feed them and said food would be used as the proverbial Carrot that shows and they move forward to get it and thereby turn the machine.

20 hours ago, m0nk3y_sp8nk3r said:

Let's take that a little further and have horizontal zip lines that you attach pallets to that can carry both plank and weed stems . you can create tall towers with the stem frames and put the zip line anchors on top and then with the vertical lift suggested in another forum post you could lift a pallet of stems or posts to the top of the tower then transfer the stems/planks to the horizontal sky crane pallet and send it across the map to your build site. it would still take time as you would have to build the towers and attach the zip lines. if you wanted to add difficulty choose a bug that would need to be tamed and harnessed to the motor to run the zip line. I am thinking Lady bug/ bird or Ox beetle. you would need to feed them and said food would be used as the proverbial Carrot that shows and they move forward to get it and thereby turn the machine.

I like the vertical lift idea. But for the power why not use ants. They are the definition of strength in the insect world with their lift 5x their body weight or whatever, and they already interact with food. Why not have a winch building like a hamster wheel that you put a tamed ant in, and then supply the winch building with donut chunks to power it via carrot on a stick method. Every once in awhile the ant will get the donut chunk so you would have to continuously supply the build to 'power' it.