Cicadas which disturb the radar and waypoints with their noise.

Garage with opiliones, silverfish and ****roaches.

A bed-biom with a large via wormtunnel saccessible pumpkin or watermelon.

Crane flys, kissing bugs, scorpions, tarantulas, black widows.

As great dangers also went newts, lizards or slow worms.

Access to the windowsill outside, the window is closed so you can't get inside  the house but there could be pots of herbs or a cake guarded by wasps.

Boss Giant Hornet.

A trellis on the house where you can climb.

Dewdrop telescope.

Nettles, ivy, pine cones.

A shield made of acorn parts.

Weather like heat waves where you lose water quickly if you are not in the shade, short rain showers that knock items out of your hand if you don't shelter, cold on some nights that consumes your food, wind that makes the grasses shake back and forth, fog.

In this context, a weather radar to arm yourself.

Teen-creator to individualize the chars.

Meat should be stackable.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:06 AM, Kribat said:

Meat should be stackable.

I really like nearly all of your suggestions, and I would actually even like raw meat to be stackable, but I can tell you why it isn't: The timer. When a bug is killed that drops raw meat, a timer begins. Because it's nearly impossible to have multiple pieces with the same exact timer, most games that have a spoiling mechanic just make the meat non-stackable.

1 hour ago, PliantWalkJojo said:

In don't starve, they average the time when stacking. Although convenient, that makes little sense in reality.

I dunno I guess you have never seen the meat at taco bell. There not the only ones who do that. There is a restaurant that has a perpetual stew that's been simmering for 45 years and Tootsie roll does a similar thing with the candies

• Haha 1

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

2 hours ago, PliantWalkJojo said:

In don't starve, they average the time when stacking. Although convenient, that makes little sense in reality.

I haven't played the don't starve series, but I think I'd have mixed feelings about averaging timers, tbh. Do all pieces in the stack adopt the new average when a new piece is added? Like if I have a piece that is seconds from spoiling and I add a fresh piece, will both pieces now have about half the timer?

16 hours ago, AugspaCussh said:

I haven't played the don't starve series, but I think I'd have mixed feelings about averaging timers, tbh. Do all pieces in the stack adopt the new average when a new piece is added? Like if I have a piece that is seconds from spoiling and I add a fresh piece, will both pieces now have about half the timer?

Yes that is the case. It will make gathering for a weevil shield a lot easier.

@ScritchOwl Those are great examples! But I imagine putting a fresh meat next to a nearly spoiled meat, instead of making the latter half fresh, would only spoil both really fast.

Yeah, it's definitely not a game-breaker, but it just seems kind of counter productive to create a spoiling mechanic as somewhat of a consequence for not using the meat while it was good, then create a couple of situational uses for spoiled meat, then completely nullify all of that work by basically allowing you to keep raw meat indefinitely, as long as you periodically mix fresh in with the old stuff.

I feel that since this is a survival game, spoiling meat should feel somewhat inevitable, at least until you build a jerky rack.

• Like 1