3 hours ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

Is there a build besides them, that is still relatively fast in winning fights?

This Mindstalker was my easiest overall megaboss run. Mostly because it makes Hauani a cakewalk.

Also there is this SC Assassin one if you're interested, but it's in its own category :)

With our latest discoveries, I would also say Berserker/Bloodmage or Tactician/Bloodmage because now we know the potential uses of Withdraw used offensively by a Confused character.

Then, people have also soloed all Megabosses with for example a Herald, but I don't even want to imagine the tedium of Hauani o Whe.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

Cipher - because of Disintegration vs. Huani which otherwise is such an infuriating encounter (unless using confused Withdraw like @Not So Clever Houndsaid). The rest can be done with any Rogue combo who uses endless DoTs (Lover's Embrace + Gouging trike for example). I did it with Assassin/Goldpact for example (Lover's Embrace + Gouging Strike + Brand Enemy). You could theoretically also do Huani with it I guess (using Ball and Chain + Crippling Strike maybe or Crossbow or Arbalest with modal and scrolls to prevent the merges) but I wouldn't want to try it.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

An assassin/tactician sniper can solo everything with ease and doesn't require heavy buffing or infinite dots to kill enemies. The big ooze is the only tricky boss, however there's a very reliable (and relatively fast) method to kill it using the Mechanical Marvel and a few Tornado scrolls.

There's always the paladin/troubadour, but I suppose you already know it - he can also shorten a lot the Hauani fight using Tornado scrolls.

Paladin/forbidden fist is also a good candidate but he will struggle much more against Hauani.

Paladin/soul blade can probably solo everything too if you don't mind doing shoot and run against Dorudugan.

• Like 2

Thanks for the recommandations. The one with the helmet is a bit too extreme with almost one-shotting dorudugan. The other one, hmm, i hate to cheese fights with gouging strike. I m thinking to even record my run, but if it takes so long, i have to fast forward the video ^^

Not quiete sure how good the assassin / tactition is in that regard.

The Assassin/Tactician doesn't need to hide and wait. Invisibility leads to brilliant (for some dubious reasons). At the same time you can prevent combat to end when you are invisible with Gouging Strike. That means the Assassin/Tactician can attack (for example shoot with an arquebus), turn invisible which makes you brilliant and returns Guile, shoot (makes you visible), turn invisible and so on.

• Like 1

If you're not keen on invisibility cheese with assassin/tactician, keep in mind the assassin has a smoke bomb ability that distracts in a fairly large radius. It's nice in that it rolls against reflex too, and with +25 acc from stealth you should hit most enemies that aren't resistant. That said, take care not to hit your own teammates.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

And this swashbuckler is only playable with ranged weapons? Or can it be done in melee as well? (Has not be every fight)

Of course you can play it in melee too with the right gear/abilities, stay alive using Unbending and become invisible from time to time to get back your resources. You can also flank multiple melee enemies using Persistent Distraction + Guardian Stance and trigger brilliant even without being invisible. But you shouldn't expect to be as effective or risk free as the sniper version.

Anyway, you can see more details here:

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

@Kaylon BTW did you see the thread below about using Withdraw while Confused to temporarily remove one Gigantic Ooze from the 2nd phase of the HoW encounter, while you safely work on the other Ooze? I thought you'd like it :).

Yeah, it opens new options for berserkers/tacticians and might help a lot vs Hauani if it breaks the merge and isn't affected by RES. 

• Like 1

I didn't meticuloulsy compare the durations of high RES vs. low RES enemies but remembering my test from yesterday vs. different targets (not Huani though), RES doesn't seem to matter at all. I tried it against cre_dummies (low RES) and against Neriscyrlas (high RES) and iirc the duration felt the same (in hindsight - didn't even think about it to be honest - but I guess I would have noticed if it had lasted much shorter).

I think it doesn't matter because it's supposed to be a benefical effect - and those don't have to get through RES normally...?   

Edited by Boeroer

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I think it doesn't matter because it's supposed to be a benefical effect - and those don't have to get through RES normally...?   

Exactly and I think that’s what @Kaylon meant ;) there is no roll  and it is not considered as an attack/negative effect so it doesn’t interact with Hostile effect reduction % from RES. But it is still getting bonus from high INT of caster, even if lowered by Confused. 

• Thanks 1

What i not under stand is the following in Kaylon's guide:

Deep Wounds (and all dots) will keep you in combat preventing Brilliant Tactician from triggering.

I thought, BT triggers wenn all enemies are flanked? And if you just use Smoke Veil, you get it automatically?

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

18 minutes ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

I thought, BT triggers wenn all enemies are flanked? And if you just use Smoke Veil, you get it automatically?

Yes provided you can go somewhere safe to deaggro or stay invisible for a bit, those things will enable Brilliant. DoTs - particularly Gouging Strike - will keep the encounter active as long as the DoT is active and they won't prevent Brilliant. It takes a bit of practice but you'll see what I mean when you play.

I had noticed also the point about Deep Wounds/DoTs in the thread. Don't worry about it. I'm not sure what is meant here, probably just a typo. I had followed this guide very successfully which inspired me to go with the Mindstalker build I mentioned earlier. You can safely go with Kaylon's Glimmer Man. :) 

6 minutes ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

What i not under stand is the following in Kaylon's guide:

Deep Wounds (and all dots) will keep you in combat preventing Brilliant Tactician from triggering.

If there are no enemies to flank that condition is considered true. When you become invisible (or after killing the last enemy) you lose aggro and there are no more enemies (they become just hostiles with no target).