Console player, here. Was wondering if anyone's experience is the same using brittle bones with an evoker. After the initial skeletons die, I get new ones that aren't controllable and are indefinite. This doesn't bother me, just wondering if this is normal, or some kind of bug from the sloppy port (no shade... but it's sloppy). If so, I'm posting the build I use that's built around it.

Using brittle bones, I can flood the battlefield with pests and every enemy end up flanked. Then I red hand them all to death. It's a beautiful thing, really. I'm not soloing, but I probably could with some tweaks. If this is the way brittle bones functions consistently, I'm gonna give a solo run a go as well.

Edited by AAAWiz4rd
Typed the wrong class

1 hour ago, AAAWiz4rd said:

After the initial skeletons die, I get new ones that aren't controllable and are indefinite.

they shouldn't be controllable. that's working as intended.

uh, but they definitely shouldn't be indefinite. i think they might last longer or have a distinct duration from the original skellies, but they shouldn't be indefinite.

• AAAWiz4rd changed the title to Beckoner and Brittle Bones
11 hours ago, thelee said:

Uh, but they definitely shouldn't be indefinite. i think they might last longer or have a distinct duration from the original skellies, but they shouldn't be indefinite.

Hmm... I think you're right. It seems like the timer starts over or something, though. Because I've had the original skeletons disappear, but the uncontrollable ones remained. It's odd, but I don't really care. It's an effective tactic. I think I'm gonna have to post this build.

Yes, that's normal. Those additional skeletons don't count towards your usual summoning limit and they run on AI only. The same is true for the skeletons you will get when chanting the phrase "Many Lives Pass By" - they also will not count towards the summoning limit (also not controllable).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Those additional skeletons don't count towards your usual summoning limit and they run on AI only. The same is true for the skeletons you will get when chanting the phrase "Many Lives Pass By" - they also will not count towards the summoning limit (also not controllable).

Please also note that, as @thelee noted in his guide, those additional Skeletons that join your team (not your party) are interesting because they are not really summons as much as they are true copy of the enemy. So they benefit from Difficulty-based scaling for PEN and AR and they don't get the Beckoner penalty to health. In other words, you can't control them but they have better stats than the summons they replaced. The same is true for the enraged Drake that you get with "Yet its mate was more feared".